*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

139,300 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly, it's worth it for me to see it with a friend and discuss afterwards. I can't remember the last time I actually hung out with another human being, and doing so would be the highlight of my month (if not the past few months). This friend won't go to a public screening otherwise. But if we can't settle on a time, I'll definitely do a cheaper/normal weekday screening alone.
Decay
AG
I have no idea of the script would help, to be honest. For the dialogue that nobody could hear, the script would help immensely... but I think the combined earpower of everyone has at least settled on what the characters said.

The set pieces meanwhile are so detailed and intricate that I don't know if a script would even bother to capture it.

I wouldn't bother until you've seen it. Instant gratification is the antithesis of Nolan films anyway. Gives those of us who already saw it something to look forward to.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I mean....I'd read that script in a heartbeat.
TCTTS
AG
Uploaded. Feel free to share...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zicdw68hgw2j6to/Tenet.pdf/file
Decay
AG
Sigh, if you insist.

*clicks download so hard my monitor falls off the floor back onto my computer desk*
Bunk Moreland
Yes many thanks. I'll be doing some weekend reading.
YNWA_AG
AG
Select IMAX theaters are now showing Travis Scott's new music video Franchise before Tenet showings. Starts tonight.
Decay
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Select IMAX theaters are now showing Travis Scott's new music video Franchise before Tenet showings. Starts tonight.
Better than 6-month-old Black Widow trailers for a movie that won't come out for 6 more months
tk for tu juan
Thanks for posting it. Currently reading the script as the scenes play back in my mind
TCTTS
M.C. Swag
AG
I went to the 7pm showing at the local IMAX in Dallas and I was literally the only person in the theatre. Super odd experience.

https://vimeo.com/461643445

https://vimeo.com/461643445
TCTTS
AG
That's awesome.
Gap
AG
Theatres are open but with basically no new content, they are absolutely a going concern danger if this continues much longer. I appreciate Tenet making a go of it, but no one followed suit. It will be a sad day if the theatre industry dies because of this. I much prefer the theatre experience to watching at home.
TCTTS
AG
It won't die. Or, if it does, it'll briefly flatline, then come back in the spring under new ownership. There are too many massive movies waiting in the wings, and too many people ready to go back to theaters once it's safe (i.e. we have a vaccine), that there's still plenty of money to be made. It'll be *different*, no doubt, but it won't die.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
I agree that sitting in a theater with, say, 20 to 40 masked, properly-socially-distanced individuals is more than likely relatively safe. But A) it's clearly not safe in the minds of the vast majority of the country (which is all that truly matters), hence the terrible box office, and B) you can't tell me that with certainty that packed, sold-out theaters of mask-less individuals *would* be safe right now.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
Ok? We're talking about the country as a whole.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
Ok, sure, but that feels like a completely different conversation. We were talking about the death of theaters, and I offhandedly said they'd see a comeback once theaters are "safe" again. I clearly didn't mean that as a political statement, my personal opinion, or as an objective ruling on their current safety level. I simply meant that people aren't going to show up again until they *feel* safe, and that likely won't be until we have a vaccine, as evidence by the current state of theater-going, of which hardly anyone is participating. I wasn't commenting on whether people *should* feel safe, or whether theaters *should* be allowed at full capacity.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
I get it, I do. I'm just saying, we were clearly talking about something else: whether theaters will die or not, given the current reality - be it objective reality or the perceived reality - and then you used that to veer off and soapbox about how people should feel about the safety of theaters (even though, for the record, states all over the country are still seeing either a rise or plateau in cases - this isn't just about Houston - and we have no idea what's going to happen come late fall/winter.) I'm not rooting for people not to show up to theaters. I'm not rooting for a crucial part of my chosen profession to crater. I was simply saying that, no matter how you or I feel about the safety of theaters, people aren't going to show up in droves - enough to "save" theaters - until there's a vaccine. That's just a fact.
Post removed:
by user
M.C. Swag
AG
Lol yea it felt like I paid $20 to rent it out.

Anyways my non-spoiler review; I didn't understand the plot mechanics at all, the sound mixing made it impossible to hear a lot of dialogue, and John David Washington and Robert Pattinson basically spend 2 hrs having a charm off.....

And I had a blast. Just a kickass blockbuster movie. Can't wait to see it again (and see if I understand any of it lol)
Post removed:
by user
Malachi Constant
AG
Non-toxic COVID discussion can only be found on the e-board
Callate Donnie
third coast.. said:

The numbers are like the lowest since may
Harris County Numbers:

May - 1,142
Sept 24, 2020 - 4,320

That's nearly 4x multiple.

Not trying to start an argument or make this a 16 thread. Just sayin' that comments like this that make claims pertaining to numbers but aren't actually supported by numbers are part of the problem (from either perspective).

Post removed:
by user
Decay
AG
Go see Tenet
Post removed:
by user
Callate Donnie
My bad. You're absolutely right. Sloppy on my part. Apologies.

And I plan on it (well, maybe not twice in theater, but at least once).
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.