*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

139,069 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

Slightly off subject, but kind of hilarious. For context, shockingly, Nolan is a huge MacGruber fan, and yes, a MacGruber series is in the works...

I think its been "in the works" for a couple years, both as a movie and as a show. I would love for it to get made, but I doubt it happens.

It's happening. Peacock (NBC/Universal's new streaming service) has given it the green light. Also, a table read, which is what is referenced above, is about as close a production gets to filming. There are reports as late as last month saying it's filming in the fall, as long productions aren't shut down again do to the pandemic.
For some reason I didn't even see a link your post until your quoted post. That's good news. Has anything of decent quality been on Peacock yet?
TCTTS
AG
Peacock doesn't launch until July, and I haven't really paid that much attention otherwise. Hopefully they have some good stuff, though.
Quad Dog
AG
Pure speculation because none of us have any idea what is going on:
Maybe it is similar to our idea of a calendar with AD and BC. There is some year 0 in there that is the point from one to another. A man who was born in 100 BC died in the year 5 BC so from our perspective he lived his life in reverse. Also, from his perspective we are living ours in reverse. So maybe time travel work in a similar idea in the Tenet universe. You pick a time in the future you want to travel to, and that is the year 0 as described above. Anything from now until that year 0 is in reverse from your perspective at year 0, anything after that year 0 is in normal direction.
It makes perfect sense in my head
TCTTS
AG
I like where your head's at. I could see it being something along those lines.
jeffk
AG
So I'm completely at a loss as to how this movie world works, but I felt something really similar at this same point with Inception too and I love that movie. I thought Interstellar was sort of dumb, but it was still a beautiful movie and I loved Dark Knight (who didn't), so I'm confident that I'll like this one too.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://theplaylist.net/christopher-nolan-747-action-scene-tenet-20200527/

TCTTS
AG
"It's inverted. Someone's manufacturing them in the future."

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

From Director Christopher Nolan. #TENET, coming to theaters 7.17.20. Watch the new TV spot now.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://www.reddit.com/r/tenet/comments/gsxrc6/the_three_credits_were_on_purpose/
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tc, for your sake, I sure hope this movie doesn't suck.
TCTTS
AG
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Dunkirk
Inception
Interstellar
The Prestige

Tenet

I'd say my chances are pretty good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Don't forget the utter trash that is Memento.
TCTTS
AG
I forgot about Memento!
King moto moto
AG

TCTTS said:

I forgot about Memento!
how?!?
King moto moto
AG

Not to throw this thread off track but they are remaking memento?

Why?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Archbishop Moto Moto said:

TCTTS said:

I forgot about Memento!
how?!?

Sounds like he should get a tattoo to remember.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

what...
oglaw
AG
What do we think is the drop dead date to decide if it opens on its current date? I would think we're getting close to a decision needing to be made.
Bunk Moreland
July 4. If it's going to happen on 7.17 then the weekend of the 4th will be a very important marketing time. They've got an entire month to sit and wait imo.
oglaw
AG
I would think it would need to be before the 4th. They are going to want to get the marketing machine cranked up for the first big release.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, way before the Fourth. Traditionally, at least. That said, there are currently multiple spots running on TV (sans a release date) and this past week especially has seen a ton of cast interviews, social media content, etc. Also, check out the quote a few posts above where Nolan and Emma Thompson discuss the release for the first time publicly. The impression I'm getting is that it's sounding less and less like a case of it having to be July 17 or else it gets pushed back to the fall/end of the year. They're basically saying, when theaters are ready, they'll be ready. And because the theatrical landscape is so in flux right now, it could simply be more of a play-it-by-ear scenario, where maybe it hits, say, the first week of August instead. I could be wrong, but it's looking to me like they're going to continue the marketing push as is, and then whenever they can finally nail down an exact date, they'll simply make an announcement and start adding that date to the ongoing marketing, even if that date might be a week or two or three after the 17th, hypothetically. Granted, that would of course affect Wonder Woman 1984's mid-August release (another Warner Bros. movie), but again, maybe, given the landscape, they could easily shift that one back a couple weeks as well. Or, heck, maybe even have both out at the same time. It's the Wild West right now, so anything seems possible.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah I'm not talking about traditional or normal times. It won't be competing with anything else if theaters can open close or in full by 7.17 so they won't need a long runway. News stories alone about its release would be reported everywhere and that's free advertising.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

what...

Sarcasm.
DallasTeleAg
And Insomnia...
PatAg
AG
Noice
c-jags
MuckRaker96 said:

Tc, for your sake, I sure hope this movie doesn't suck.

I have absolutely 0 idea what this movie is about but I have 0 doubt about it not sucking.

Nolan isn't perfect but his worst movies are better than most.
J. Walter Weatherman
Not sure if anyone else is like this, but every time this thread gets bumped I get simultaneously both excited and terrified that a decision has been announced.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I know the ending wasn't well-received, but Interstellar might be tied with TDK as my favorite Nolan film. I can't help but want to watch it over and over so that my brain can be turned to mush.
Madmarttigan
AG
Interstellar for some reason makes me tear up more than any other movie at the end.

Not to mention Zimmer ****ing nailed it. No time for caution scene and music are just amazing.
TCTTS
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

I know the ending wasn't well-received, but Interstellar might be tied with TDK as my favorite Nolan film. I can't help but want to watch it over and over so that my brain can be turned to mush.

I'm right there with you. I actually kind of hated the ending in the theater, the first time around, but the second time it totally clicked for me, to the point where I absolutely love it now.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

I'm right there with you. I actually kind of hated the ending in the theater, the first time around, but the second time it totally clicked for me, to the point where I absolutely love it now.
Interstellar is my favorite of Nolan's movies; I rank it as the third best sci-fi movie I've seen.

I saw it on a Saturday when A&M was on the road at Auburn, and I just knew the Ags were going to get blown out. That was a long movie, but the game was still on-going when the movie let out. There was one of those in-theater bars at the Katy AMC where we saw the movie, and I spotted a game on their TV and walked over there while waiting for my wife to return from the restroom. When I saw the score of the game with roughly 6 minutes remaining, I literally forget everything about the movie: the Ags were winning. When I got the bluray several months later, holy crap, that movie was incredible.

There have been two times in my life when I knew beyond a certainty of any doubt that the Ags were going to lose a particular game, and instead of watching I opted for a movie. This game against Auburn, and the 37-12 victory against the sips in '84 (the movie I saw that night was, ughhhh, Supergirl). I had hoped the same thing might have been in play last fall when the Ags went to Georgia, except I didn't have that same certainty of a loss, and I didn't go to a movie but was at Disney World, and so of course with all those blind refs, the Ags lost that one.
jeffk
AG
Interstellar is a beautiful movie in a lot of ways. Story wasn't the best, but the rest of it makes up for that shortcoming.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.