*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

139,322 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
toucan82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hunter2012 said:

Seeing it tonight, who's in?
tysker
AG
Quote:

A California resident has booked a $220 3-hour plane journey from Los Angeles to Austin to watch 'TENET' twice & return straight home
Dont think it's that crazy. Seeing it tomorrow at Alamo and 2 tix + food + drinks + tip was over $90. (Went with prepurchasing 3 beers for the 2.5+ hrs which may be a risky move for the bladder...)
TCTTS
AG
Rick Dalton said:

Making my first trip back to the theater in over 6.5 months today at 5:00!

To make up for lost time, I'll be sticking around to watch it again at 8:45.

TCTTS
AG
So jealous of you guys.

One request... can we please keep reactions in this thread spoiler free? I'll start a spoiler thread if that helps, as I likely won't get to see this for weeks...
tk for tu juan
Just bought a ticket for 9pm
hunter2012
AG
TCTTS said:

So jealous of you guys.

One request... can we please keep reactions in this thread spoiler free? I'll start a spoiler thread if that helps, as I likely won't get to see this for weeks...
From the sound of it we could probably spoil it and we'd all still be scratching our heads over it... Even the prologue 9 months later has me befuddled and speculative...
TCTTS
AG
Very true.
Post removed:
by user
J182
AG
My fiancee and I have tickets to this tonight at 7. Looks like only 3 other tickets have been sold.

We are both pretty stoked for this. We have made an effort to avoid all spoilers on this. We also fully plan on probably watching this more than once.
👽
hunter2012
AG
third coast.. said:

What is the prologue?
They showed it before Star Wars IX at Imax. I might have got tickets just for that. Regardless it's just the opening scene for the movie, and Nolan will release it with various blockbusters for all his movies. Best example is the Joker's bank robbery in the Dark Knight. It seems like he goes for a big or cerebral scene to draw the audience in. Tenet had both in the first scene.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
hunter2012
AG
Hopefully word of mouth will entice people to say screw covid and go see it...
TCTTS
AG
International numbers have been above expectations so far. That said, domestically, I don't think most people are aware that Tenet is even out today, with these early access screenings. Heck, I didn't fully understand what was going on release date-wise until a little over a week ago. So yeah, I think the real test will be this weekend, after word of mouth from these early showings, when people know it's out, and it's in theaters all day (as opposed to nights only for the next few nights). That said, I can't tell if Labor Day Weekend will be a good or bad thing for movies in general. Will people want to be outside, at the pool/lake/grill/etc, or will they want to be back in theaters, seeing one of the biggest movies of the year? Hard to say. I'm obviously rooting for a big turnout, though.
Decay
AG
I wonder if all of the Sator square is in there. I'm sure you've discussed it already but I just realized Opera is in there, so we have 3/5.

That'd be Sator (bad guy name), Arepo, Tenet (the time inversion technology?), Opera (location in film), and Rotas.

If it's not a big spoiler I'd like to know if they show up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The only reason I know it's out today is because I googled "Tenet Showtimes" last night, and saw it give showtimes for today. (Was looking for Friday showtimes.)

Even on the AMC website, the homepage still shows a September 4 release date.

Why not just change the official release date to August 31? Why all this weird "early release" stuff that appears to be going everywhere anyway?

So confusing.
Decay
AG
My phone just takes me back to page 1 with that link. What page was it?
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The only reason I know it's out today is because I googled "Tenet Showtimes" last night, and saw it give showtimes for today. (Was looking for Friday showtimes.)

Even on the AMC website, the homepage still shows a September 4 release date.

Why not just change the official release date to August 31? Why all this weird "early release" stuff that appears to be going everywhere anyway?

So confusing.

Agreed. It's technically because these are "only* night showings through Thursday, apparently. Then on the 4th, it's like normal, with showings all day every day from then on out. I guess this is WB's way of easing back into theaters? I don't see how it helps in that regard, but whatever.
YNWA_AG
AG
Dune teaser was good. Movie time
G Martin 87
AG
Shouldn't be a spoiler, but just in case... yes. They all show up.
G Martin 87
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Dune teaser was good. Movie time
The Dune teaser was great. It really looks like Dune will finally be done right.
Decay
AG
Cool, thanks.
oglaw
AG
Rick Dalton said:

From the day that OUATIH opened, this has been my most-anticipated movie on the calendar.Collectively, I bet I've watched the trailers over 100 times, analyzing them frame-by-frame for the smallest of clues. I've spent countless hours chasing those clues down never-ending rabbit holes of Wikipedia articles about physics. I have spent more time thinking about this movie before I ever saw it than I have most movies years after I've seen them. I thought I was ready.

Nothing can prepare you for what Christopher Nolan has waiting for you in this film. Nothing.

As the credits roll, I'm just in awe of the sheer audacity of it all. I've never seen anything like that before, and I'll be thinking about it for years to come. I'm headed back in soon, this time with popcorn, coke and so many questions that I need answered. I'm really glad I decided to pull the double-feature because otherwise I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. I've memorized all of the dialogue from the trailers and there's one line that sticks out the most from the other side:

You have no idea what you're getting yourself into if you walk through that door.

Damn.
TCTTS
AG
Don't do this to me!!!

(Seriously, though, that's so incredibly awesome to hear.)
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
oglaw
AG
Rick Dalton said:

Seeing is one thing, hearing is another. It may have just been my seat in the far back corner of the theater and not being in the best position for the sound mix, but some of the dialogue was hard to understand with all of the other noise going on. I've already spoken with the guys at the desk, they're charging up one of the caption viewers that the hearing impaired use for me.

So, did you like it. Without giving much thought is it top 3 Nolan? Top 5?
Post removed:
by user
Bunk Moreland
Wow. Really good. I spent the first 3rd of the movie beginning to question if Nolan tried to pack too much into this only to have to cut it down to 2.5 hours. Scenes were quick, dialogue was tight. Right on to the next scene.

Then he let the movie breathe a little and you really got to understand it and from that moment on it was an unbelievable thriller packed with multiple "ah hah. Of course, Nolan!" moments we all love.

Thought dialogue was tough to hear at times but I began to hear it better. I also wonder if some of that was intentional (and in a few situations they explained it was)

So much to unpack. Oh - and the trailer does nothing to the movie which makes it so great. Within 20 seconds I thought "was not expecting this start"

Need to see again this week.

I have it at #4 or so from Nolan after 1 viewing but it might move up.
FancyKetchup14
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

I can already tell from the trailer this will be me during the movie

After viewing I can confirm this was me.

I'll need a few views to try and understand what the hell I just watched. What a damn creative movie. Thought the music was great.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.