*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

139,325 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Decay
AG
Neat, thanks. And yeah note taking is insane but hey, gotta have a hobby
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Rick Dalton said:

The CaptiView mounts in the cupholder and you adjust the flexible arm to put it where you want it. I position it right below the bottom of the edge of the screen so it's not blocking anything on screen. When somebody on screen says something I don't understand I just glance down to see what it is. It's all pretty seamless to me but I probably watch more subtitled films than most and am used to captions.

If you're going to take notes I highly recommend one of those pens that has a light in the tip of it. My handwriting leaves a lot to be desired under the best of circumstances and my notes look like I was writing them while drunk and blindfolded.

For a first viewing I would get a CaptiView and not worry about taking notes (if ever because it's admittedly nuts). Nolan said in an article I linked to above that his sound mix is designed for theaters with the absolute best speaker quality. A few people have said they didn't have a problem understanding the dialogue, so if you find this to be your experience you can just move the CaptiView out of the way and forget about it.
What's going to happen if this becomes a normal thing for people and someone with an actual hearing impairment is told that the theater has run out?
Decay
AG
The good news is that with limited seating, the odds go down.
cr0wbar
AG
IMAX in Katy Saturday
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In my 32 years of going to the theater (and I go a lot), I have never used one of those machines, nor even seen anyone else use one.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
cr0wbar said:

IMAX in Katy Saturday
Which theater in Katy has an IMAX screen?
cr0wbar
AG
I'm going to the Regal @ Grand Parkway near Gallery Furniture
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
cr0wbar said:

I'm going to the Regal @ Grand Parkway near Gallery Furniture
Ah, thanks. I believe that's actually Richmond, but I don't typically go even that far to see a movie. Really wish we had a theater in Katy/Cinco Ranch that had an IMAX screen.
NColoradoAG
Heading to a private screening in 30 minutes at the local cinemark with my daughter and four others. First viewing.
NColoradoAG
Rick Dalton said:

Enjoy it! I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience with the private screening and which Cinemark you went to. A good friend of a family member has stage 4 cancer and might be interested in this option.

Its just the local cinemark at our mall (Greeley, CO) Nothing special.
TCTTS
AG
So... Tenet is playing in San Diego, just two hours from LA. I don't think I'll have time this coming week, but maybe next weekend...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The lights on the side of my IMAX theater were flickering throughout the movie and it irritated the hell out of me. Pretty much ruined my experience, truth be told. So frustrating.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I sent in a complaint to AMC and asked if I could get a free pass to rewatch it.

Fingers crossed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
When I came out it looked empty except for the guys at the concession. I probably should've though.
Post removed:
by user
NColoradoAG
Rick Dalton said:

Ah, I thought you were down here in Denver. He probably wouldn't want to go all the way to Greeley if he decides to go see this.

I think we may have been the first group to do a private screening at our local because no one really knew what to do. They just printed me one ticket and we all just went in at our leisure. Super easy. Concessions are discounted now as well. Great experience. I think all the cinemarks are doing the private screening so you could go to the one in aurora or Boulder depending on which side of Denver you're on.
TCTTS
AG
Ssuper random, but I just heard this gem on a podcast - that Christopher Nolan's kids started calling him "Mr. Woodcock," after Daniel Day-Lewis' character in Phantom Thread, upon seeing the movie - and I had to look it up for confirmation. If you've seen Phantom Thread, this is such a hilarious burn, and maybe even a bit telling, given the character? That said, I've heard time and again that Nolan is actually a pretty nice guy, and apparently has a surprisingly great sense of humor (he absolutely loves MacGruber, for instance), but I still find this incredibly funny...

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/02/08/post-phantom-thread-christopher-nolan-nicknamed-woodcock-by-own-children

TCTTS
AG

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/box-office-tenet-crossing-100-million-1234760782/
cr0wbar
AG
Rick Dalton speaks the truth. If you can get the captiv- do it. Dialogue gets lost with Nolan's DUUUUNNNNNNNNs

Another poster said- ambitious filmmaking. Pattinson and Washington were fun together. Will definitely need to see it again
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I see its run extending into December. Slow rollout, word of mouth, life slowly returning to normal.

I bet it crosses $200M domestic before it's all said and done
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What is the next tentpole release? Wonder Woman and Bond in November, correct?

Edit: Forgot Black Widow.

Looks like they really start to stack up in November.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.