*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

137,628 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or waiting forever while this movie is made on a planet where years of Earth time goes by and just minutes for them.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christopher-nolan-taps-hereditarys-jennifer-lame-new-movie-1197862
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sucks, but if QT can do it, so can Nolan.
FJB
AG
Reboot of Lethal Weapon?

Seriously, I love Nolan's movies and own most if not all of them.
Who is John Galt?

reemus
who knows, i am not familar with Nolan
YouBet
AG
Flash Gordon reboot. DO IT.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.slashfilm.com/nolan-new-film-details/
zgood10
AG
Not gonna lie, I'd watch a 6 hour Nolan movie
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

https://www.slashfilm.com/nolan-new-film-details/
Which means we will have to wait for Director's Cut or it will be split into 3 movies?
TCTTS
AG
Could mean anything, as the article alludes. Might be referring to feeling like three stories packed into one or it could mean a really long shoot. I seriously doubt he's actually making a six-hour movie.
hunter2012
AG
ATM1876 said:

Ha, now we know the real reason why he had to find another editor!

Unless he's planning a trilogy, there's no way the final product is anywhere near six hours. 70mm film platters are only so large, although I guess if he had an intermission that'd give the projectionist time to switch over. For reference, here's what The Hateful Eight in 70mm looked like (182 minute runtime):

old school intermission.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, good point.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Robert Pattinson had just received a text from Emma Thomas, the producer of the mysterious new Christopher Nolan movie he's scheduled to shoot later this year. The message read: "Keep it oblique." Pattinson was on the promotional trail for Claire Denis' interstellar "High Life," a characteristically elliptical probe into dark thoughts and black holes, and the subject of Nolan's unnamed 2020 tentpole had already come up too many times for comfort. There were breathless news stories about how Pattinson thought the script was "unreal," and that the actor had only been allowed to read it in a room that was locked from the outside. In an entertainment culture fueled by secrecy and spoilers, Thomas was understandably concerned that her star might spill the beans.

She needn't have worried. Pattinson couldn't explain the story if he tried. "Reading the script, you're like 'huh?'" the actor said towards the end of a recent interview at A24's Manhattan headquarters. "I feel like he must have invented something new - it's incredibly dense, but also so meticulously thought out that it's very easy to read. It's cool." He smiled and shook his head: "I don't really understand how a lot of it works, but I'm very curious to find out!"

This sounds like classic Nolan, in the best possible way. At least I was wrong about my statement earlier. We don't have to wait a year and a half (I was confusing this release date with Dune), rather, "only" 15 months, for a July 2020 release.

TCTTS
AG
We have an official title...

"TENET"

... along with additional cast...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christopher-nolans-new-film-reveals-cast-title-1212931
TCTTS
AG
Flagged.
TCTTS
AG
It worked!

Thanks, staff!
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

We have an official title...

"TENET"

... along with additional cast...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christopher-nolans-new-film-reveals-cast-title-1212931
so it's going to be about a landlord!
hunter2012
AG
Quote:

Tenet is described as an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.

Tinker tailor meets Inception? I believe they can do more movies in that 'verse.
Quad Dog
AG
Probably important that the title is a palindrome.
TCTTS
AG
Oooh, good call.
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI...

tenet
noun
te-net

Definition of tenet
: a principle, belief, or doctrine generally held to be true
especially : one held in common by members of an organization, movement, or profession
TCTTS
AG
An organization/movement with a very specific set of beliefs sounds right up Nolan's alley. Especially if those beliefs lean toward some kind of sci-fi element.
bobinator
AG
Secret bond movie?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I don't need to know anything about this movie, other than what day it comes out.

Obligatory SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY gif.

Nolan is among the very best filmmakers working right now, and he is currently on a sort of 1975-1984 Spielbergian streak of greatness.
hunter2012
AG
FancyKetchup14
AG
Saved this gif for future use. It's great.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are we in the midst of a Pattinson-aisance?
Furlock Bones
AG
hunter2012 said:

Quote:

Tenet is described as an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.

Tinker tailor meets Inception? I believe they can do more movies in that 'verse.
one of my all time favorite movies. i hope you're right. i'm in for more espionage that isn't a Mission: Impossible type action flick. (though i like the MI movies)
Render
AG
TCTTS said:

She needn't have worried. Pattinson couldn't explain the story if he tried. "Reading the script, you're like 'huh?" the actor said. "I feel like he must have invented something new - it's incredibly dense, but also so meticulously thought out that it's very easy to read. It's cool."

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Pattinson? Is he a good actor? I've only ever seen him in Twilight.

I can't wait to see Taylor Lautner in the next Scorsese film.
Tobias Funke
AG
Say what you will about the tenets of Christopher Nolan movies, but at least it's an ethos.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.