*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

139,320 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

Must be all in on this covid garbage

Ah, yes, the "garbage" that will have killed 200K Americans by this time next week. Look, believe whatever you want to believe, and, by all means, let your political affiliation color your view of [checks notes] a worldwide pandemic. But, at the very least, know that when you talk like this, you sound like a complete pr*ck to those who *have* lost friends and family to this thing.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
I've merely found that 99.9% of the people who speak of the virus in the way you do, do so because they honor political ideals and a Billy Bad Ass mentality over facts, figures, and empathy. Otherwise, they wouldn't speak so casually and callously toward something that's caused so much death and heartbreak. But you do you.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
third coast.. said:

But since you brought it up, it is hard to take any politicians seriously who are cooking the books and implementing draconian measures well past the point of necessity. If masks and social distancing work, why wouldn't you mask up and go see it in san diego? I'll even pay for your ticket next week amd you can see it with me on my second viewing.

You have been talking about this movie for damn near close to 2 years. Mask up, go get a travel size bottle of hand sanitizer and go for a day trip. I wouldn't let your crazy politicians stop you from seeing something you have been looking forward to for so long. Maps shows 2 hour drive time, plus parking and show time, seems like a 7 hour RT to me. See you this week.

Dude. Like I said... it would take an ENTIRE DAY to do so. And I have a sh*t ton going on right now. I just moved into a new place, it's taking forever to get settled, I have a back house I'm actively trying to fill with a tenant, which means endless interviews, there are fires raging ten miles from me, with an evacuation zone mere blocks away, and I'm swamped with work. So right now doesn't seem like the smartest time to drop all of that and abandon the home I just bought that currently has ash falling all over it, to go see a movie in another city that would take an entire day to do so. Do you REALLY think I'm not driving to San Diego to see a movie because I'm scared of Covid? After all my talk about not being able to wait until theaters are open here, and my endless support of, and vested interest in, seeing the theatrical experience thrive again?
Decay
AG
I think it's a compliment. People know you love movies so much they're confused why you won't drive 4 hours to watch one.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
Ha, if in a week or two I feel settled enough, work is under control, these fires have dissipated, and I have tenant... I'll go see Tenet. But I also genuinely want my first time back to be in a theater I know and I love, and it sounds like LA theaters could open in late September/early October, which is just around the corner. That is, if this whole plan doesn't crumble, and theaters have to close again, with October releases starting to bounce.
TCTTS
AG
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
Fair enough, and I can understand that. But yeah, I just really value the familiarity of my favorite theaters.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
RadAg14
AG
third coast.. said:

This movie was so much more incredible on 2nd viewing.

Yup. Just finished watching it a second time. Up there in my personal favorites of all time
TCTTS
AG
Damn you both. It's these kinds of reactions that get me so incredibly pumped.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
Ha, when and if I get an entirely free day. I keep thinking and hoping LA theaters will open by October, but it's not looking likely, so...
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
That sucks. I would say lets go grab a beer, but unfortunately, that's currently impossible here.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
The only dining that's currently allowed here is outdoors, unfortunately. Certain restaurants have set up seating that's been zoned for sidewalks and even on streets, but I can't think of any outdoor areas at LAX that could be converted to restaurant seating. Maybe they've figured out something, though? Maybe there's an airport exception? I haven't been since December.
Post removed:
by user
Decay
AG
Just grab a bottle of booze at duty free and drink it with a straw

Edit: and yes I saw that you don't drink but 11 hours at LAX would change my life choices significantly
Post removed:
by user
Decay
AG
third coast.. said:

Even better, im flying out to be locked in a hotel room for 3 weeks while clearing quarantine

Enough time to watch the MCU, Star Wars, LOTR, and then Nolan's catalog
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Decay
AG
Finally found a time between work and family and it's not even in my own state... catching it on a business trip in Imax in Colorado Springs.

I think what's weirding me out the most is that this theater isn't running any pre-movie ads or anything. Ominous silence.

See y'all on the other side.
Decay
AG
On this side of things I'll say - IMAX seemed a good choice. It was crazy loud but I could hear pretty well.

It's going to take a bit for me to process it all but it was very worthwhile to see. I know most people in this thread would have seen it but if you haven't, do it.

And damn was it nice to sit in a theater, eat popcorn and drink a beer. Plus a tallboy was only $4.
TCTTS
AG
Those who have seen the movie...

One of my business partners just shared the script with me. I'm of course not going to read it until after I see it, but are there still questions anyone has in the spoiler thread that the script might help answer or clarify? If so, let me know and I'll post it...
tk for tu juan
Rick in 3,2,1...
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I'm considering it. I looked into it, and there's a Cinemark in Orange that's doing private Tenet screenings for $149. I have a friend who said he'll split it with me. Now we're just trying to find half a day when we're both free to go see it. Potentially this Sunday...
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.