*** TENET *** (Christopher Nolan)

139,310 Views | 1324 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by utah, get me two
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ha, that's awesome.
PatAg
AG
If they required people to do a multiple month subscription, that would create a huge public back lash, imo.
dc509
AG
I'd spend $100 to stream it once. My wife and I are getting pretty deep into the bench when it comes to movies and shows.
TCTTS
AG
So it begins. At this point, I think everything for at least the next two or three months moves to 2021. The situation is about to get incredibly dire for theaters...

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/tenet-delayed-again-christopher-nolan-1234699068/
Bunk Moreland
**** it all.
TCTTS
AG
It's sounding more and more like it's going to open internationally first, ensuring it'll be the most pirated movie in history. The U.S. could not have f*cked up our response to this pandemic more...

https://deadline.com/2020/07/tenet-release-date-moved-new-strategy-coronavirus-1202970413/
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
hunter2012
AG
TCTTS said:

Sorry but "just ok" for a Nolan movie is still better than 90% of film these days.
TCTTS
AG
This is true.
TCTTS
AG
evan_aggie
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warner-bros-indefinite-delay-of-tenet-is-major-blow-to-movie-theaters-121042516.html
dc509
AG
Rick Dalton said:

Quote:

Warner Bros. is looking forward to a long theatrical tail on Tenet as Nolan is a champion of the big screen, and I understand there aren't any plans to collapse the window, i.e. making the John David Washington movie available in homes shortly (either on HBO Max or PVOD) after a brief theatrical debut. The studio is expecting to draw two-thirds of the film's box office from overseas, so a theatrical play is at the top of their mindset.
And just like that, I'm right back where I was a year ago: looking forward to seeing this one next summer. This is my least favorite example of Nolan's time manipulation, even though I understand it.

A rolling international release does raise the interesting possibility that this movie could win Best Picture before any of us actually see it. Of course, in a world where time inversion is possible, for all we know it already has...
This is irritating. Release the damn thing online with some type of one system that allows for one viewing per payment.
dave94
AG
dc509 said:

Rick Dalton said:

Quote:

Warner Bros. is looking forward to a long theatrical tail on Tenet as Nolan is a champion of the big screen, and I understand there aren't any plans to collapse the window, i.e. making the John David Washington movie available in homes shortly (either on HBO Max or PVOD) after a brief theatrical debut. The studio is expecting to draw two-thirds of the film's box office from overseas, so a theatrical play is at the top of their mindset.
And just like that, I'm right back where I was a year ago: looking forward to seeing this one next summer. This is my least favorite example of Nolan's time manipulation, even though I understand it.

A rolling international release does raise the interesting possibility that this movie could win Best Picture before any of us actually see it. Of course, in a world where time inversion is possible, for all we know it already has...
This is irritating. Release the damn thing online with some type of one system that allows for one viewing per payment.
I'd rather wait three more months than to experience a movie like this on a TV.
Bruce Almighty
AG
dc509 said:

Rick Dalton said:

Quote:

Not with Nolan. He's too much of a proponent of the theater experience.
Bunk Moreland
I wouldn't waste Tenet on a streaming just to satisfy me right now anyway. That movie needs to be seen in the theater for the first time. I'll wait.
Duncan Idaho
Agreed
dc509
AG
You might be waiting along time.
Bunk Moreland
Fair enough, but I couldn't imagine watching something like Dunkirk or Interstellar at home and then going to see it at the theater afterwards. Would have taken away so much of the experience.
Malachi Constant
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Fair enough, but I couldn't imagine watching something like Dunkirk or Interstellar at home and then going to see it at the theater afterwards. Would have taken away so much of the experience.
The scene in Interstellar where the Endurance is slowing gliding past Saturn was absolutely meant for the IMAX screen. I honestly felt like I was about to fall toward the planet because I was in the center seat middle row.

Later watching it at home, it's still an amazing visual, but nothing compared to seeing it in the theater. I have a feeling those are the types of things Nolan is always going for and why he's so adamant about the theater experience.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Bunk Moreland said:

The scene in Interstellar where the Endurance is slowing gliding past Saturn was absolutely meant for the IMAX screen. I honestly felt like I was about to fall toward the planet because I was in the center seat middle row.

Later watching it at home, it's still an amazing visual, but nothing compared to seeing it in the theater. I have a feeling those are the types of things Nolan is always going for and why he's so adamant about the theater experience.

That is absolutely what Nolan is going for
Malachi Constant
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Blatant Disregard said:

Bunk Moreland said:

That is absolutely what Nolan is going for
With a little mysterious piano piece courtesy Hans Zimmer, it's one of those theater experiences I can't forget...

dave94
AG
Now THAT'S a movie they need to rerelease in IMAX right now. Hell, if Tenet has to push to later, just release all of Nolan's catalogue in IMAX.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Bunk Moreland said:

A top 10 favorite movie of mine. A lot of it is cause of the perfect mesh of score and visuals, but it was Just awesome all around.
TCTTS
AG
Not official yet, but obviously highly unlikely this sticks if so...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That is one short movie.
TCTTS
AG
You actually go back in time to watch it. And then when it's over, only a minute has passed in the present. It's how they're going to make up for 25% theater capacity, by squeezing in a way more screenings. Pretty innovative.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This movie's release schedule has "Muck watches it in pieces over 3 months on HBO in 2023" written all over it.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, nice. This is going to be so weird. With the way things are going, everyone but LA is going to see it first...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.