*** TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 ***

254,126 Views | 1788 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX scallywAG
mhayden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
who is supposed to recognize her? Blake? He'd be the only one most likely that is part of security detail or check in...and his mind is obviously a thousand ways from the girls that night, considering the business going down.

I don't think it's that out of the realm for her to not be detected by 1 guy who's attention is divided at best, but then to be noticed when multiple guys are looking at security footage of their security guard getting massacred by a chick. At that point they'd clearly know she's professional, and start putting puzzle pieces together.

I'm not trying to defend the writing or say it's clever. I long ago accepted that the writing is more Shield than Wire this year. My point is, out of all things to criticize...this one is not close to one of them imo.

I'll concede that on looking at security footage that they could figure out who she was (though again it raises the question how there were security cameras to catch her face but no alarm system in sight).

But it's still a pretty big suspension of disbelief that a cop that was in that high profile a massacre walking into a party with probably a dozen men somewhat connected to the investigation that led to the massacre (fairly safe to say that at those parties Casper wasn't a stranger) just wasn't noticed.

And The Shield was a loosely written show, but it didn't have gaping plot holes like that. Again, it's more '24' than anything.
CoolAggie
AG
My biggest gripe is not having an Alexandra Daddario type scene this season.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

amen....and rule #1.....

TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
I really thought that would be VV's wife..
Ramrod
AG
quote:
quote:
I really thought that would be VV's wife..

Btron
AG
Not attracted to her at all. She looks like Rocky, from the Cher movie.
PooDoo
PooDoo
AG
If they just left out the line about there being a whole maze of tunnels under the city. It would've made sense to have the goofy cop & his driver hanging out at the only other exit.
Potcake
AG
So, I watched the Sopranos. Am I the only one who thinks VV's wife is taking a ride with Nails just like Adriana took a ride? The plane tickets can be reworked apparently.
mazzag
AG
I thought the plane tickets could be reworked for when they fly out? Not the passengers' that use them.
Bunk Moreland
I think she originally registered the tickets under different names that he can then re work if needed.

Adriana was talking to the feds. I get no Adriana vibe whatsoever with Franks wife.
Potcake
AG
It was just a weird vibe during Frank and Nails' conversation about who all had been bought. Nails said she was outside and Frank told him to let her in. Maybe it was just because there was a dead Blake on the floor.

It seemed like Woodroughs girlfriend got into the movie at the end and maybe started believing they too could have a happy ending.

That F***ing Mayor bugs the S out of me, especially the way he talks. Probably supposed to talk that way since he's constantly hammered.
unmade bed
I'm not understanding how some of you are having a problem woodrough's shooting as bad writing. Why is it so hard to believe the cop would be lying in wait for him there? I know those tunnels ran all underneath the city, but I don't imagine there are exits all over the place. After pistol whipping the chief, he did not run that far into the tunnels, and after killing the 4 security guys, he took the first ladder he saw, so he was probably still in the same block as the hall of records (actually looked like it could have been the backside of the building). Really not that big of a stretch to imagine there are maybe 4 exits in the vicinity and the security guys would have someone stationed at each one. Pistol whipped chief probably came to with all the gunshots and radioed or called the guys up on the street and told them that woodrough got loose headed "south" or whatever and to shoot him on site. If anything woodrough screwed up by taking first ladder he saw. Should have kept running a few miles to escape at a less obvious spot,
Objective Aggie
AG
Seth Meyers just explained everything you need to know

Seth Meyers on TD
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:

Seth Meyers on TD
MathNewman06
AG
quote:

Seth Meyers on TD
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
hysterical.....and says all you need to know about the dialogue this season.

those were not even the worst or most obvious quotes.

[url=http://truedetectivequotes.blogspot.com/2015/07/thats-one-off-bucket-list-mexican.html][/url]

quote:
That's one off the bucket list. Mexican standoff with actual Mexicans.

You know me. You just didn't know you did.

Crime exists contingent on human desire.

Some people can't handle the deep trip.

Sometimes a good beating provokes personal growth.

Innuendo is nobody's friend.

We get the world we deserve.

I always saw a difference between a ***** and a pimp. A ***** can still have integrity.
MrPlow2010
AG
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/08/03/true_detective_season_two_a_guide_to_the_plot_of_this_confusing_season.html

A really good write up explaining everything that has happened so far. The pictures of each character help if you're not paying close attention while watching.
GreasenUSA
AG
Someone get this info to the dude from a few pages ago that has no clue what's going on.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Excellent recap and yet....still confusing as hell.
mhayden
quote:
I'm not understanding how some of you are having a problem woodrough's shooting as bad writing. Why is it so hard to believe the cop would be lying in wait for him there? I know those tunnels ran all underneath the city, but I don't imagine there are exits all over the place. After pistol whipping the chief, he did not run that far into the tunnels, and after killing the 4 security guys, he took the first ladder he saw, so he was probably still in the same block as the hall of records (actually looked like it could have been the backside of the building). Really not that big of a stretch to imagine there are maybe 4 exits in the vicinity and the security guys would have someone stationed at each one. Pistol whipped chief probably came to with all the gunshots and radioed or called the guys up on the street and told them that woodrough got loose headed "south" or whatever and to shoot him on site. If anything woodrough screwed up by taking first ladder he saw. Should have kept running a few miles to escape at a less obvious spot,

The door that he had to break through.

That was boarded up.

It's not that the scenario could NEVER happen, it's just that with a little bit of effort you can write it so that it doesn't seem like such a stretch.

Same with RA going into the sex party and not being noticed and the other two stumbling upon "secret bad guy meeting with secret bad guy documents". Just write it a different way and you can accomplish the same plot progression without the "really?".
GinaLinetti
AG
Loved this episode. I'm totes excited to see how it plays out
ellebee
Me too. Last episode was awesome. You're too damn cheery this morning...
GinaLinetti
AG
Sorry. Coffee is good
ac04
great link, thanks

i've realized that this season reminds me a lot more of galveston than true detective season 1. i enjoyed both a lot. and i have loved this season so far. it seems most of the criticism pertains to lines that seem unrealisitic for characters, scenarios that seem too easy or too unlikely, etc. i'm able to move past anything that is "not believable" because i've accepted that there is a tremendous amount of noir in anything pizzolato creates, and suspended disbelief is just the name of the game in that genre sometimes.

the bottom line is that i watch TV to be entertained, and to me this season has been entertaining as hell. i look forward to it each week, there are very few shows i have ever felt that way about. can't wait for sunday.
ItsA&InotA&M
Just a few quick notes.

Burris, after shooting Woodrugh, picked up Woodrugh's cell phone before getting into the getaway car (with a driver) that was waiting for him. I'm thinking he's going to use it to call Velcoro and set up a meeting, including Ani, in an attempt to kill them.

Also, we don't know for certain that Davis was killed with Velcoro's gun, but this finger prints are now on her car (he opened the door and got in).

bangobango
AG
quote:
Just a few quick notes.

Burris, after shooting Woodrugh, picked up Woodrugh's cell phone before getting into the getaway car (with a driver) that was waiting for him. I'm thinking he's going to use it to call Velcoro and set up a meeting, including Ani, in an attempt to kill them.

Also, we don't know for certain that Davis was killed with Velcoro's gun, but this finger prints are now on her car (he opened the door and got in).

I think he will text as Woodrugh, not call.
mazzag
AG
Wouldn't their burner cell numbers be on his phone? They could just use those to locate them. Surely they aren't dumb enough to meet woodrugh based on a text?
BassCowboy33
quote:
Wouldn't their burner cell numbers be on his phone? They could just use those to locate them. Surely they aren't dumb enough to meet woodrugh based on a text?

Not sure about now, but as of January 2014 the technology didn't exist to accurately trace burner cell phones. There are plenty of articles in late 2013 about the NSA trying to crack a method.
boy09
AG
quote:
Surely they aren't dumb enough to meet woodrugh based on a text?
Especially right after Woodrugh called Velcoro and said, "Hey, I'm pretty sure i'm walking into a trap."
Texaggie7nine
quote:
i've realized that this season reminds me a lot more of galveston than true detective season 1. i enjoyed both a lot.
There is a TV show called Galveston?

Where is this?
7nine
Bunk Moreland
It's NP's book.
bangobango
AG
quote:
Isn't the point of a burner phone is that it's not traceable?
Texaggie7nine
Who is NP?
7nine
Bunk Moreland
nic pizzolatto, the creator of True Detective who writes the scripts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.