*** TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 ***

253,317 Views | 1788 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX scallywAG
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did Velcoro mention his son's stolen shoes to the father of the bully, or did he say "stolen property" or something along those lines?
Kashchei
AG
So you come on this thread to do nothing else but attack a poster?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Did Velcoro mention his son's stolen shoes to the father of the bully, or did he say "stolen property" or something along those lines?
nope....never said anythng but bullying generically.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Apologize if it has already been discussed. But, what was up with the woman floating in what looked like a bowl of milk? That was so strange to me, I know the entire house and had crazy stuff/imagery in it (trying to keep this SFW). Could have sworn Farrell said something like, "please tell me you saw that". I didn't understand why the house was all torn up either? I definitely need to watch the episode again.

Here we go...

I'm confused...that was a season 1 thing....he was asking about season 2.
Ya I was talking about season 2. Not sure why this was posted
He was probably just alluding to the fact that all the crazy drawings Woody's daughter drew in Season 1, people started obsessing over them and trying to assign meanings to them that didn't exist. He's saying the same thing will happen this season with the milk-girl-thing.

This is exactly what I was doing.

I can see us discussing the doll in milk for weeks after it's over trying to figure out what it means. Meanwhile some Reddit poster will find an obscure text from the 1800's involving a devil worshipping cult that drank goats milk while using childrens dolls in their rituals. Then tying that to a drawing we will see in the background of episode 4, all while pointing out that Rust Cohle once mentioned that dolls are the essence of the spirit converging on human evolution's propensity for an illusion of self grandeur.

It's gonna be great. I love this show.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes he stolen property tot he father. To the bully he didn't say anything but bullying in general.

He also never mentioned 'my son' or 'my boy'. It was just 'if you ever bully anyone again' or something along those lines.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Apologize if it has already been discussed. But, what was up with the woman floating in what looked like a bowl of milk? That was so strange to me, I know the entire house and had crazy stuff/imagery in it (trying to keep this SFW). Could have sworn Farrell said something like, "please tell me you saw that". I didn't understand why the house was all torn up either? I definitely need to watch the episode again.

Here we go...

He was probably just alluding to the fact that all the crazy drawings Woody's daughter drew in Season 1, people started obsessing over them and trying to assign meanings to them that didn't exist. He's saying the same thing will happen this season with the milk-girl-thing.

I can see us discussing the doll in milk for weeks after it's over trying to figure out what it means. Meanwhile some Reddit poster will find an obscure text from the 1800's involving a devil worshipping cult that drank goats milk while using childrens dolls in their rituals. Then tying that to a drawing we will see in the background of episode 4, all while pointing out that Rust Cohle once mentioned that dolls are the essence of the spirit converging on human evolution's propensity for an illusion of self grandeur.

Gotcha.....ok. Personally I thought about that briefly in that scene.....but having learned from Season 1 that 99% of that stuff is just set dressing and it made no difference in season 1...i quickly frgot about it and decided not to focus on the minutiea this time.
Squirrel Master
AG
I didn't concern myself with any one thing in the city manager's place, just the general abundance of freaky sex **** that really set the tone that he was living a pretty wheel's off life, very different from the general expectation we might have an average city leader, and that he was undoubtedly mixed up in some messed up stuff.

Whereas last year, the victims were all innocents who were taken by the bad guy/ring of bad guys, the city manager murder feels like he was in the ring of bad guys and taken out by the group. The case will be figuring out what all he was into, cause it clearly goes beyond the rail corruption.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes he stolen property tot he father. To the bully he didn't say anything but bullying in general.

He also never mentioned 'my son' or 'my boy'. It was just 'if you ever bully anyone again' or something along those lines.
OK, i was thinking that if the boy and father (after his face is fixed) sit and talk about the incident at some point, all the father has to do is mention that the man said something about "stolen property" and the kid would be able to instantly connect it to Velcoro's son (best case) or maybe a couple or handful of kids (worst case) if he had a habit of stealing from a few others. That is, if the father even remembers that he mentioned stolen property after being pummeled in the face with brass knuckles.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here we go...

And then somebody will complain that too many of the "loose-ends" didn't get resolved in the finale.
G.I.Bro
quote:
So what is the consensus opinion on what it was that McAdams likes "sometimes" that took ole nice guy Steve by surprise? Butt stuff?
No way it is butt stuff unless it involves his. Guys just don't freak out when a chick opens the back door. With her hatred for men, I'm guessing she started choking him.
Morpholino
AG
I agree with the previous poster who said the rapist of Velcoro's ex-wife is someone other than the person in the pic that Semyon gave to him. I get the feeling that Velcoro harmed or killed the guy in the pic, then realized it was the wrong person and went off on the deep end as a result.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:
So what is the consensus opinion on what it was that McAdams likes "sometimes" that took ole nice guy Steve by surprise? Butt stuff?
No way it is butt stuff unless it involves his. Guys just don't freak out when a chick opens the back door. With her hatred for men, I'm guessing she started choking him.

Or she wanted to be choked. Regardless, whatever Rachel McAdams asks me to do in the sack....I'm doing. Yep, even that (whatever sick thing you're all thinking).
redsquirrelAG
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:

Or something involving those knives she's got all over the place
Potcake
AG
I reluctantly gave you a star because I probably would too. I just hope she'd give me an amyl nitrate or something. Still holding out that she wanted butt play on her. He seemed surprised, not horrified.
Say Chowdah
AG
Good. Not great. But it does have intrigue and promise.

I am concerned about shock for the sake of shock with no substance.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
quote:
Couple things I found off a bit...

• I don't think Woodrugh would be able to stop a bike going 100+ mph like he did. That just didn't seem feasible.
  • At the end Bezzeride's partner asks Velcoro "What's Vinci?". As a deputy for the county Vinci is in how would he not know that? Seemed misplaced.

Agreed. The question was included in the script solely to allow him to make the smart-aleck comment (and I paraphrase) "It is supposedly a city."

Disagree, Vinci is not supposed to be in Vernon County.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Southlake
I don't exactly know what it is, but Colin Ferrell can eat up a scene on the same level as MM or WH. Even Vince Vaughn seems to disappear in Ferrellpresence. This role Is Farrell, the others are just actors.

(And, I've never been a CF fan, but I sure am now. Not sure why he's not a top 5 a list kinda actor)
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
I've always thought he was underrated. Solid actor and is perfectly cast for this role.
Streetfighter 02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or she wanted to be choked. Regardless, whatever Rachel McAdams asks me to do in the sack....I'm doing. Yep, even that (whatever sick thing you're all thinking).
I just figured it was choking, extreme bondage, or some butt stuff. She does have a wooden dummy with throwing knives stuck in it, though. I think if she wanted to be cut 'Ol Steve might have just grabbed his stuff and left straight away without being told.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I don't exactly know what it is, but Colin Ferrell can eat up a scene on the same level as MM or WH. Even Vince Vaughn seems to disappear in Ferrellpresence. This role Is Farrell, the others are just actors.

(And, I've never been a CF fan, but I sure am now. Not sure why he's not a top 5 a list kinda actor)
I think he has always been pretty highly respected...but there were always rumors of difficult to work with and a problem on the set as well as concern about personal life (sort of the actors equivalent of off the field issues) with lawsuits, rehab, bad relationships, etc.

I think some people just shied away from him....and some odd career choices have meant he has not been in many movies that would be considered big box office successes. Although he has been praised for some roles for sure.
TxAggies2012
While it wasn't the greatest movie ever, I thought Phone Booth was really creative and well done. Filmed in like 12 days or something, and Farrell owned the screen in that one.
chick79
AG
Underwhelmed by the first episode. Hopefully it will pick up.
heisatouchdown
AG
Vince Vaughn's reaction to Colin Farrell's confession

Colin Farrell's confession
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Came here to post this. Good stuff.
gougler08
AG
So are we assuming Velcoro's wife is still alive (and married to the stepdad) or dead? I've seen both on this thread...I'm leaning towards still alive
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

I watched that night....CF was genius just in that little Confessions game...he was acting like he knew nothing about it so well while still telling them the actual truth...and he later dropped in and out of other characters and impressions with ease...he really had Vince Vaughn in near panic mode and really taken aback.
MW03
AG
quote:

I love Vince Vaughn, man. If I'm going bar-hopping with celebrities, he's on the short list.
Al Bula
AG
Most people here can't manage their own expectations. I thought it was a solid first episode.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
quote:
Personally, if there is a clue to start obsessing over this early, I think its the very opening scene where there are hundreds of markers in a field and you briefly see a "contaminated" sign flash by. Anyone know what that's about? I assume it relates to the railway land Vaughn wants to develop?
Was coming here to post the same... on the second viewing, I realized I forgot all about that opening (possibly flash-forward?) scene.

And I thought the same... some sort of roadblock in the alignment of the rail line. The array of the markers was interesting as well. Bodies?
KidDoc
AG
quote:
And the music...

The music is nails once again. Wonder if there's a Spotify playlist or something out there.
This show was one of the few I have ever seen where I felt the music detracted from the show. Could not stand the music in the intro, exit, or even during the show!

Very annoying to me and my lovely wife, great show otherwise.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
I've always thought he was underrated. Solid actor and is perfectly cast for this role.
The only thing that annoyed me was hearing his accent slip out a few times.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
quote:
While it wasn't the greatest movie ever, I thought Phone Booth was really creative and well done. Filmed in like 12 days or something, and Farrell owned the screen in that one.
If anyone here hasn't seen In Bruges they really need to see it.
7nine
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:

If anyone here hasn't seen In Bruges they really need to see it.
"Bruges is a sh!+hole"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

I love Vince Vaughn, man. If I'm going bar-hopping with celebrities, he's on the short list.
Having a beer with him, MM, and Woody Harrelson would be a hell of a good time I think.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.