*** TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 ***

253,340 Views | 1788 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX scallywAG
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Agreed. What's weird though is that he doesn't look even slightly injured in either of the in-costume pics.
Perhaps a staging with the recorder/camera from the other room
Oooh, I like that theory.
TCTTS
AG
Great point as well.
TCTTS
AG
So...

- Was the first shot legit, and the second one a blank?

- Or is Ferrell in on the ruse?
Stive
AG
If Ferrell is in on it then that would imply that he knows who killed Caspere right?
GreasenUSA
AG
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-true-detective-night-finds-you-the-lone-gunman

Sepinwall's tone leads me to believe that Velcoro isn't dead.

I also agree with Sepinwall and disagree with most here, being that I thought that Frank's dialogue at the beginning was not a particularly good piece of acting by Vince Vaughn.
quote:
As a physical presence, he's good in the role, but he just can't find a way to get those words to come out of his mouth in the right order and have them sound remotely natural.

TCTTS
AG
quote:
If Ferrell is in on it then that would imply that he knows who killed Caspere right?
Yeah, which doesn't make much sense.
Stive
AG
I'm not saying it's not a stage job (I kind of like that theory), but I don't think Ferrell character is in on it.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
I'm with the group that doesn't think he's dead. If they wanted to finish him off shoot him in the head. Next episode will be interesting.
mazzag
AG
He's not dead.

mazzag
AG
Those came from the first post so they aren't spoilers.

quote:

unmade bed
Didn't caspere have a traumatic non fatal pelvic wound also? Since it seems to be the same guy they killed caspere that shoots Ray, I'm guessing he is using some kind of non lethal beanbag/etc and knows how to inflict non lethal pain.

Also there was a 3rd mention of that dumb digital recorder that Ray got for his son.
The Debt
Any chance they fast forward in time like s1 did?
bangobango
AG
I'm guessing the investigation stalls out and we flash ahead several months or years to when CF has recovered from the shooting.
TCTTS
AG
As I was saying...
bangobango
AG
It is going to be interesting to see how he survives that.

Also, as to VV's monologue. My ears perked up when he first mentioned paper mache. I can't find it through Google, but I remember reading a philosophical essay about the world being made of paper mache by an omnipotent being and how that would affect you of you were the only thing not paper mache but you couldn't tell everything else was. I think ultimately, it concluded "cognito ergo sum." I wish I could find it so I could compare it to future philosophical moments in the show.
unmade bed
quote:
I'm guessing the investigation stalls out and we flash ahead several months or years to when CF has recovered from the shooting.

Only problem with a flash forward is Vince Vaughn is gonna be pretty ****ed if they don't find out who killed Caspere pretty damn quick. Maybe that's the whole paper mache deal, it's all about to come crashing down.
AggieHank86
AG

The more I think about Caspere's killer and that Cadillac, the fishier the killing gets. And the more it makes me think that the killer is not a professional. As such, I am doubting that the killing is related to the land deal.

A mint-condition, maroon, vintage, 30-year-old Cadillac Brougham with the D'Elegance package and whitewall tires would be one of the more distinct vehicles in Southern California. No professional would stakeout Caspere' Hollywood pad in something so memorable.

Further, he loaded Caspere's body in the daylight. When we did not know the location (episode one), this did not seem so odd. After seeing the neighborhood in episode two, loading during daylight seems reckless as Hell.

It struck me as odd during episode one that Caspere's body remained upright so well during the grand tour of Southern California. At the end of the episode, it seemed that Caspere's knees did not bend when the body was removed feom the car at the rest stop. I thought at the time that the killer must have propped the body in a sitting position until it rigor mortis set is, specifically so it could sit in the car and at the rest stop. This was confirmed in the autopsy discussion during episode two. But the atopsy also showed time of death "between 400am and 900am on the morning of the 26th." Rigor mortis sets in (at the latest) in six or seven hours, so the killer wasn't waiting for rigor mortis when he loaded the body fully 24 hous later.

Lastly (for now), taking Caspere the Corpse on a grand tour of Southern California was not remotely professional. Roll one stop sign or be unaware of one burned-out taillight, and you are busted while chauffering a dead body. Stupid and sloppy.
Al Bula
AG
After the season is over, can someone edit/compile scenes of all highway shots in this show? The folks in charge love showing highways. Season 1 showed lots of road too.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
edited to reflect changes made
Sailor
Schmendeler, you can't expect to come across references to GoT once the shows are in the wild, so quick, go watch them all to get caught up.
bangobango
AG
I thought this was a much stronger episode than episode one, too.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Comment has been deleted. You should do likewise.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Comment has been deleted. You should do likewise.
Why?

A major character in each series (Jon Snow and Ray Velcoro) seems to have been killed in the most-recent (already-aired) episode. Not like there is a spoiler involved. Hell, you couldn't spoil it with Book Knowledge, because the books don't provide any additional info on this issue yet.
schmendeler
AG
well i'm done with this thread. thanks for ruining GoT for this season.
MW03
AG
DOUBLE DOWN

AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Schmendleler, I am asking a serious question here. Only VERY slightly tongue-in-cheek.

I am sorry if you did not know that Jon Snow was stabbed in the season-finale of GoT, but that episode HAS already aired. It hardly seems to be everyone else's responsibility to avoid discussing a past event, just because you haven't yet watched your DVR.

By contrast, I am fully-supportive of the idea that Book Readers should not divulge info for events that have not yet been covered by the TV Series.

As to "aired" information, are we supposed to keep mum on the score of last year's TAMU/Alabama game also, on the off chance that someone ... somewhere ... might not yet be aware of the outcome.
Ramrod
AG
quote:
I'm honestly surprised that you were able to stay in the dark as to what happened in a huge season finale, of one of the most watched shows, for two weeks.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
It hardly seems to be everyone else's responsibility to avoid discussing a past event, just because you haven't yet watched your DVR.
It hardly seems difficult to not mention it in a thread on a completely different show without taking 2 seconds to mention a spoiler. good to know that two weeks from publication date is the limit to when posting spoilers without warning is acceptable.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm honestly surprised that you were able to stay in the dark as to what happened in a huge season finale, of one of the most watched shows, for two weeks.
maybe because most people realize that posting spoilers after only two weeks is dick move.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:
quote:
maybe because most people realize that posting spoilers after only two weeks is dick move.
Dick move? It's in the public domain. The episode aired 2 weeks ago. I'm all for spoiler protections as well, but I'm sorry, that's hilarious that you're acting upset about this. Posting about Jon Snow's death on this thread from an episode that aired 2 weeks ago is completely fine.
One person on the thread has a problem, but it ain't the people who casually mentioned Jon Snow. If you want to be protected from life, then hide.
If someone Velcoro wears a cowboy hat at any time in the show, and has some sort of shootout, am I allowed to reference Raylan Givens and what he did in the series finale earlier this spring? I guess I should go ahead and confirm first.
schmendeler
AG
so, it's fine to go onto threads for shows that are based on books and share spoilers on those shows? after all, we're talking years of time that has transpired in most cases. or maybe there is an element of thought that should go into sharing things that others might not yet have seen. notice that other people starred my post, so i'm not the only one that was disappointed to read that spoiler.

maybe, just take a minute to be considerate? naw, that's too difficult. after all, we're on the internet, and dick mode is the default.
heisatouchdown
AG
Is his name "Caspere" or Casper? Because if its Casper, for some reason seeing that extra 'e' is extremely bothering me.
chase128
AG
quote:
quote:
It hardly seems to be everyone else's responsibility to avoid discussing a past event, just because you haven't yet watched your DVR.
It hardly seems difficult to not mention it in a thread on a completely different show without taking 2 seconds to mention a spoiler. good to know that two weeks from publication date is the limit to when posting spoilers without warning is acceptable.

Lmao grow the **** up.
schmendeler
AG
thanks. good thoughts.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Is his name "Caspere" or Casper? Because if its Casper, for some reason seeing that extra 'e' is extremely bothering me.

His picture on the wall at City Hall had a placard spell "Caspere." Check s2.e1.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.