*** TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 ***

253,350 Views | 1788 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX scallywAG
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's not season one. That is obvious at this point.

That being said, I care a lot more about CF at this point than I ever did Marty or Rust last season.

VV is devolving and CF is evolving, and it is interesting to watch happen.

The other two detectives are a waste of characters at this point. If this season bombs, I hope the one take-away writers get from it is America is tired of the "repressed" homosexual and the unrepressed man hating woman.
Bonfire1996
AG
The Mayor's son seems like an interesting character. Changes his voice in non-acting situations. Could he also wear masks to change his appearance? We know the guy who burned the Cadillac was an athletic, younger person who could navigate the runaway.

Additionally, I think the masked dropoff was not meant to happen at the same time as Ani and Velcoro's questioning of the driver. That seemed more like a frame job for the fired driver from the set. It is entirely possible, if not probable, that the movie set folks tipped off the Vinci powers that be that the Cops left with a name. It makes sense that they would try and set up the named guy with the Cadillac at his house.

Finally, I just find it odd how the Mayor was just beside himself about the visit to his house. He gave an "untouchable" feel in his first few appearances in the show. And now he is actually nervous. I'd wager its the son.
Thunder18
AG
Bonfire I had the same suspicions about the son...he also has the landline upstairs that Caspere was calling at odd hours of the night
suburban cowboy
AG
Completely agree with this.

To me, it relates to S1 when they showed Rust & Marty briefly chatting with the YK on the lawnmower outside of the abandoned school.

They give you a glimpse of the killer and then lead you on a wild goose chase, all before coming full circle to the mayor's son. Makes a lot of sense.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yeah but.....if he is a good writer at all he knows you are thinking that.....which means he is just messing with you.
bangobango
AG
My early, off the wall prediction is the set photographer did it. If anything felt like the lawnmower interview it was that.

Actually, I think the mayor and his son are also involved. I think it will all tie in somehow.
Squirrel Master
AG
Makes sense... the guy playing the set photographer gets typecast as calculating thinkers
mhayden
How does Night Nurses from Jersey tie into this?
lne2011
AG
That's my guess also.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Makes sense... the guy playing the set photographer gets typecast as calculating thinkers

BassCowboy33
quote:
The Mayor's son seems like an interesting character. Changes his voice in non-acting situations. Could he also wear masks to change his appearance? We know the guy who burned the Cadillac was an athletic, younger person who could navigate the runaway.

Additionally, I think the masked dropoff was not meant to happen at the same time as Ani and Velcoro's questioning of the driver. That seemed more like a frame job for the fired driver from the set. It is entirely possible, if not probable, that the movie set folks tipped off the Vinci powers that be that the Cops left with a name. It makes sense that they would try and set up the named guy with the Cadillac at his house.

Finally, I just find it odd how the Mayor was just beside himself about the visit to his house. He gave an "untouchable" feel in his first few appearances in the show. And now he is actually nervous. I'd wager its the son.

The question then would be why is the son trying to screw VV and what past do they have together? Is he the one who is taking out Vaughan's men?
Squirrel Master
AG
If he wants to take over the OC activity in town and work with his dad, this could be a reason to f with Frank. But, at this point, yeah, not a fully fleshed out motive for him.
ClickClackAg31
AG
I guess we do know from this last episode that the son "likes da sex" and may have some weird fetishes of his own.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I guess we do know from this last episode that the son "likes da sex" and may have some weird fetishes of his own.
maybe Rachel McAdams will be interested .....we can hope.
LHIOB
AG
A look at the real Vernon
heisatouchdown
AG
Was that Emily Ratakajowski in the pool?
LHIOB
AG
A Clue to the Killer?
TCTTS
AG
Whoa. That's pretty cool.

I LOVE the idea of certain aspects of a film production somehow being in on this.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Apologize if it has already been discussed. But, what was up with the woman floating in what looked like a bowl of milk? That was so strange to me, I know the entire house and had crazy stuff/imagery in it (trying to keep this SFW). Could have sworn Farrell said something like, "please tell me you saw that". I didn't understand why the house was all torn up either? I definitely need to watch the episode again.

Here we go...

Can you explain what this means? I vaguely remember this from season one
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
That's interesting with the mask of the character who burned the car being shown earlier at the movie set
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Apologize if it has already been discussed. But, what was up with the woman floating in what looked like a bowl of milk? That was so strange to me, I know the entire house and had crazy stuff/imagery in it (trying to keep this SFW). Could have sworn Farrell said something like, "please tell me you saw that". I didn't understand why the house was all torn up either? I definitely need to watch the episode again.

Here we go...

Can you explain what this means?

No I cannot
mid90
AG
Saw episode one today. Really like it so far. The "meet-up" of the main characters at the end of the episode was neat.

But lol at that chick singing on stage at the bar when Vocorro is getting hammered. No one sings that depressing crap with tons of diminished chords for ambiance music and expects to get another gig.
mid90
AG
Also, I really like that going into the season, I already had my heart set on Vince Vaughn being a slimy bad guy and Colin Farrel being the hero; after one episode, Farrel is clearly a POS and I'm really digging Vince Vaughn. .

It'll be curious to see how my perceptions of the characters will change by the end of the season.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here we go...

Can you explain what this means?

No I cannot
mid90
AG
Almost forgot. The song playing during the opening titles sucks ass.
TCTTS
AG
Good thing you remembered!
mid90
AG
quote:
Tobias Funke
AG
quote:
Saw episode one today. Really like it so far. The "meet-up" of the main characters at the end of the episode was neat.

But lol at that chick singing on stage at the bar when Vocorro is getting hammered. No one sings that depressing crap with tons of diminished chords for ambiance music and expects to get another gig.

Don't worry! She gets replaced by a true performer in episode 3
double aught
AG
quote:

So I'm curious. Have you read the thread? Because that would seem like an odd thing to do, as it would spoil things in addition to not making much sense. Or did you just post your thoughts without reading the thread? To me, that's an equally strange thing to do.
double aught
AG
quote:
bigboykin
AG
Speaking of the theme song, kind of interesting that the lyrics change every week.

Also, Leonard Cohen is bad ass.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Or did you just post your thoughts without reading the thread? To me, that's an equally strange thing to do.
What else should you do if you want to state your opinion on the episode but have not caught up with everyone else?
7nine
double aught
AG
I would probably wait until I was caught up or not post it at all. It doesn't really bother me, just not what I would do.
Texaggie7nine
But then he wouldn't remember his first impression before seeing the rest of the episodes.
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.