*** TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 ***

253,334 Views | 1788 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX scallywAG
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
When Woodrow was looking at police record on the diamond heist I swear I saw Anis name on there???

What was that about???
I think that he just saw that there was an APB out for her for questioning in the security guy's death, unrelated to the diamond heist. I could be wrong though.
Ol Jock 99
AG
You are right. It said in relation to a security guard's death.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:

• Are we supposed to know the meaning of Frank's meeting with the Jewish jeweler? If so, it alluded me.

He is exchanging money for jewels of equal value in order to leave the country with. You can't exactly board a plane with 5 million dollars, cash.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

• Are we supposed to know the meaning of Frank's meeting with the Jewish jeweler? If so, it alluded me.
  • No way did I think Woodrugh was going to double-cross Ray and Ani. I really wish he would've put one in the dome of good hair police chief instead of just hitting him.
  • The scene with Ani and her former partner was good. Nice to see there was someone she could trust. "Three in one day. That's gotta be a record for you."

well on your first bullet.....

franks meeting with the jewish jeweler was he wants to convert the $12 million into diamonds for easier transport when he runs.....the $12 million he is planning to steal from the guys that fleeced him, which Blake told him about before he killed him.

now it is going to be more like $6 million though because the jewish guy demanded 40% discount basically for taking on the risk of the stolen or otherwise illegal loot - thats $4.8 million meaning he gives him $7.2 million worth of diamonds...except he is also paying the other guys in cash for the cars, passport, and weapons/etc. that he needs to hit the meet....he owed them $300K already he said he would pay that and in fact gave them $100K in cash. so he owes them $200K more. He also offered them $500K in 2 days time for the items he needs and their help and silence...and then he said if he makes ot to safety on the run he will send them anouther $500K....So thats $1.2 million more leaving him about $6 million.

What did her former partner mean 3 in one day?...three killed?
W
AG
if Frank successfully steals the $12 million cash from Osip and McCandless --- he wants to turn some of the cash into diamonds for easier transport across the border
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
And it's 3 "thank you"s in a single day.

Edit: scratch that, W is right
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
W
AG
3 in one day = 3 hugs for Ani
W
AG
also...how many plane tickets did Frank buy from the travel lady? It looked like just two. Maybe Nails or Frank's wife is not making the trip
BassCowboy33
quote:

• No way did I think Woodrugh was going to double-cross Ray and Ani. I really wish he would've put one in the dome of good hair police chief instead of just hitting him.
  • The scene with Ani and her former partner was good. Nice to see there was someone she could trust. "Three in one day. That's gotta be a record for you."

1. Frank is planning rob a deal being done the next night and steal $12 million in cash that he wants turned to diamonds.
unmade bed
Was it just me or was CF channeling Christian Bales Batman this episode? Seemed like he was doing a lot of mumbling and groaning.
CoolAggie
AG
Just re-watched that scene and after they're done interviewing Caspere's assistant she looks behind her shoulder and in the background is the set photographer. Holy shizzles! We have your lawnmower man.
Objective Aggie
AG
When VV said he ship had come in (and given his wife), all I could think of:

Ship must be a motorboat

Murder Hornet
AG
nm. found it
ClickClackAg31
AG
Interesting theory on the brother being the caspere killer. If the brother is the set photographer that definitely would give it a twist.

I don't see it though for me. If the brother was the birdman, why wouldn't he just kill Ray? What good is Ray alive for him? Only to keep investigating and figure it out?

I think the birdman is Burress, the white cop. main reason being woodrough was killed the exact same way Ray was shot. Thought that was more than a coincidence. Both shootings had the shooter sneaking up behind the victim from the shadows, shooting from a distance, and then walking up over the victim for the kill shot. Only difference being Ray's cop skills were a little more keen and 6th sensed he was behind him turning before he got shot in the back. And of course the riot load.

Anyway, just thought that was pretty telling. Awesome episode.
Bunk Moreland
Buress being birdman makes the most sense. But the brother still could be the set photographer.
W
AG
what's also potentially interesting is that Ray & Ani are not the target of the orphan kids --- neither is Frank. All of them may end up working together to bring down Catalyst, Osip, Burris, Holloway, and the mayor's son
Baskin
AG
I don't think any of the Vinci PD guys are the Birdman, I think it's the brother from the jewelry heist or possibly the Russians. Caspere getting killed blows the doors off the Vinci PD and causes the probe to be opened into their dealings, which is no bueno for Holloway, Burris, etc.

Caspere dying is good for the Russians (weakens Franks positions, causes Caspere's parcels to be sold on the cheap).

It's also good for the Jewelry store siblings (revenge on Caspere, send Vinci PD into disarray so they can get revenge on the others).

I think one of the big reveals will be who has that hard drive. Did Birdman (siblings/Russians) take it after shooting Ray, or did Burris take it when he was "securing" the scene?
mazzag
AG
Maybe Ray has it?
Bunk Moreland
Burris has it, IMO. Or whoever birdman was.
unmade bed
I am forgetting and don't want to go back and watch, but when Ray woke up after being shot in Casperes place, were the cops already there, or did he wake up alone and presumably call the cops?
Buck Nasty
AG
So if Burris has it, is he (or all the Vinci guys) playing Catalyst like it's still missing?
Bunk Moreland
Yeah, good call. I guess it could be the orphan son then. Using it as a means of extortion or something.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
Any idea who set Ray's car on fire?
TCTTS
AG
Remember, Birdman was also most likely the one picking up / driving Caspere in the pilot, and I seriously doubt Burris took an entire day off to do that. Seems beneath him. Makes more sense for it to be the photographer, especially since the car is linked to the movie set.
Complete Idiot
Still shot from episode 8 below - is the girl in the middle Caspere's assistant?

Pabby
AG
You are a complete idiot.
Buck Nasty
AG
Plus, do you really cast Billy Heywood for that small of a role?
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Plus, do you really cast Billy Heywood for that small of a role?

You know what they say. No small roles.
AggiePride07
AG
Birdman "stole" the car from the movie set, correct? That was why the detectives were there inquiring in the first place, I believe.

So, wouldn't it make it more likely that Birdman is not Burres (spelling), the white guy suit and tie cop? That's too much of a coincidence of it was he that stole the movie set car. Birdman is probably going to be the brother of Caspere's secretary is what I believe. It all ties together there.

My prediction for finale:

AB and RV locate and team up with the blue diamond siblings (Caspere's secretary and the guy from movie set) and proceed to bring the whole house down.

FS and his minions take out the Commies and Catalyst group top dogs, but in the mayhem FS gets axed.
AggiePride07
AG
TCTTS, I just read your post after I posted above. Seems like we're thinking along same lines.
Furlock Bones
AG
I know it's not likely but I hope VV gets it done and he and his wife make it.

I just don't like that smug ****ing Russian.
Complete Idiot
quote:
If that gold in the Osip photo is the $12 million, that lady's legs must be in an immense pain. She was seen in the background of the orgy house scene, so perhaps the pure molly she is on acts as a painkiller. Not sure why Sepinwall isn't all over this photo.

Thoughts?
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
If that gold in the Osip photo is the $12 million, that lady's legs must be in an immense pain. She was seen in the background of the orgy house scene, so perhaps the pure molly she is on acts as a painkiller. Not sure why Sepinwall isn't all over this photo.

Thoughts?
I like this guy
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:

Thoughts?

You have a long way to go to get to Redstone's level of expert trolling
mhayden
Great episode.

The writing of the story for this season has been far too convoluted and average at best, but if you keep the action ramped up (like this episode did), it can make up for a lot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.