*** TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 ***

253,321 Views | 1788 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX scallywAG
mid90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nvm
LHIOB
AG
90% of this season was a steaming pile of garbage
Waltonloads08
AG
quote:
quote:
I liked the role of the woman with the scars -- she ended up being a key player in the last episode -- getting Ani out of the country.

and Ray & his son at the end along with the paternity results

This. I'm also going to hold onto the idea that the baby with Jordan was VV's....makes me feel a little better about the ending.

The baby is CF's by way of sexing RM.

Its RM's baby- which is why she refers to "Ray's sons" plural.

bam.
mid90
AG
mid90
AG
Tobias Funke
AG
"You can't act for ****, Frank". That made me laugh.

I thought it was pretty good. Ray's death was heartbreaking, but Frank's was uniquely done and interesting (although I had to go back and remember who the Mexicans were).
mid90
AG
I do think they did a great job once frank had been stabbed. Very unique and well done.

But him getting kidnapped by the Mexicans and stabbed over a suit was awful.
Tobias Funke
AG
quote:
I do think they did a great job once frank had been stabbed. Very unique and well done.

But him getting kidnapped by the Mexicans and stabbed over a suit was awful.

The suit part didn't bother me. The Mexicans were just being a-holes at that point, but Frank knew his last lifeline was in that suit. I figured he was creating a diversion by punching the guy while he grabbed the bag of diamonds, but obviously that backfired bigtime. He would have made it out alive if he hadn't have been dead set on keeping his money
FancyKetchup14
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I liked the role of the woman with the scars -- she ended up being a key player in the last episode -- getting Ani out of the country.

This. I'm also going to hold onto the idea that the baby with Jordan was VV's....makes me feel a little better about the ending.

The baby is CF's by way of sexing RM.

Its RM's baby- which is why she refers to "Ray's sons" plural.

bam.
Blue star for you, sir.
mid90
AG
could he have even made it out of the desert alive by just walking? At that point, he may have been just trying to take someone out, realizing he was already a goner.
98Ag99Grad
AG
NIce to know we finally found out how Nails got his name.

Did not like the mexican gangster storyline either. If you're gonna kill Frank do it some other way, not by some small side story. That's my main gripe. Overall, liked it but not as much as season 1. Looking forward to next summer.
jschroeder
Hey, let's put the random Mexican gang leader in this scene...

Buck Nasty
AG
It actually makes since, being that they would be the only criminal power left in Vinci aside from the government/police.
COOL LASER FALCON
I'm surprised to see the negative feedback.

I thought the finale was ok, but I've been down on most of the season. I agree with most of the critiques, but at least it had a coherent storyline.

My biggest lol moment in this episode was when the cops blasted the Vinci chief because he was the victim of a stabbing.
JD Shellnut
AG
quote:
It actually makes since, being that they would be the only criminal power left in Vinci aside from the government/police.

Inviting drug lords to your swearing in ceremony as mayor, to be photographed with them by all the press at the ceremony?
unmade bed
Trump was right. ****ing Mexicans.
Bunk Moreland
Thought it was great!

Again, I realized what the show was a long time ago and settled in. Seems many here continued to whine and complain, knew what the show was and its limits were, yet still watched as if they were expecting something different.

Fun finale. Very tense. I liked seeing good guys lose. Definitely like the nod to old la noir films.

From whoever tried to whine about killing a few guys then getting blasted... It doesn't matter that ray killed 2 of the ops guys. He had gotten to the point where he had given up, and realized that taking the fall right there in the woods was the only way to gaurantee Ani lived. He knew he could keep going but was down to maybe one more SG shell and that's it.

For every show that has a guy unload 20 rounds without reloading a pistol(and get no backlash by the Super critics that gave come out of the woodwork on this thread), it was refreshing to see him fire what I think was 10 rounds through 2 guys and Chuck his gun since he was out.

So I guess the complainers wanted him to have 40 shells in that shotgun to make his way out of the situation, but then we'd hear em complain that it wasn't realistic
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Bloodbath. No one survives. Perfect show for it cuz none of the characters are kept season to season.

Only the bird man lives and we find out who that was. Michael Keaton in disguise.

I was pretty much spot on there....if I was serious I might have guessed RM survived.

but nailed the bloodbath.
Objective Aggie
AG
So Ray decides to do the recess fence stalking to get a last wave in to his son?

The son just happens to take the badge in plastic with him. To recess. You know. Because.

And then Ray sees the transponder. Luckily they put 1980s LeD blinking lights on these things. Rather than run. He goes to the mountains. Not a mall. Or speeding through construction. He lays down. After all that?

And why wouldn't VV give up his suit? What the hell? Give them the diamonds. Do something.

Awful. Awful. Awful.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Call an Uber, Ray!!
unmade bed
that entire season was pretty much garbage other than Colin farrell's acting in first 8 episodes and Vince Vaughn's walk of death. Episode 9 was actually decent but the way the followed it up with that bull **** finale basically negates any positives of episode 9.

Don't really want to spend any more time commenting it on then I have already wasted watching and posting about it.

Edit
Yeah, my bad. Thought there was 10 episodes, so meant farrell's acting in first 6 and then the 7th episode as the decent one.

Also to clarify regarding Frank's death, I didn't mean him actually getting stabbed by Mexican dude over a suit (although why they were about to let him live because he "gave" them $1mil when they could have just taken it made absolutely no ****ing sense, and the fact that frank the "survivor" career criminal didn't have any better sense then to bargain with them over something they would have needed to let him live and take him back to city for - I.e. look guys in addition to the 1 mil take me back to the city and I can get you xyz, also really bothered me), but I'm talking about where he walked past all his demons then found his wife who told him he already died. That was pretty good but would have been a little more heartbreaking if he would have been close to a road or something when he was talking to his wife so the viewer actually thought there was a chance that tough son of a ***** was gonna make it, then bam, "you died 500 feet ago."

Also, with the Mexicans, were they in with the Chessani boy? The leader was at his swearing in which would indicate a connection and they killed the pawn shop girl, and that would make more sense why they would know to off Frank when they did, but if so, why the **** would they have given the pawn shop girl to Frank in the first place?
Bunk Moreland
And I completely agree with the complaints. Like Danny said, it's simply too complex to fill in 8.5 hours and it suffered the whole year because of that. But I checked my criticisms at the door and appreciated the good parts and the ride. Probably helps that this played in the summer as well.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
that entire season was pretty much garbage other than Colin farrell's acting in first 8 episodes and Vince Vaughn's walk of death. Episode 9 was actually decent but the way the followed it up with that bull **** finale basically negates any positives of episode 9.

Don't really want to spend any more time commenting it on then I have already wasted watching and posting about it.

There were only 8 episodes. But I get your point. 1 great episode. Some great stuff by CF at various points. VV had some redemption the last couple of episodes. But overall it missed its mark.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Ol Jock 99
AG
NP: Let's make the mayor's son Tony the mastermind behind everything. He pulls all the strings. He sets up and knocks down the pawns. He is the man behind the curtain.

Directors: Cool! Let's talk about his lines.

NP: He'll have no lines. And basically no screen time.

Directors: Uh, ok...so he'll have an important role in the finale, right?

NP: Nope. He won't be in it at all except for a 5 sec flash forward.

Directors: ...........
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
The Mexicans were going to kill him regardless, he was sold out by the Armenians "who do you think was supplying us?"

like season one, we find out who the bad guys are and get them, but not the whole web of bad guys...
oragator
quote:
NP: Let's make the mayor's son Tony the mastermind behind everything. He pulls all the strings. He sets up and knocks down the pawns. He is the man behind the curtain.

Directors: Cool! Let's talk about his lines.

NP: He'll have no lines. And basically no screen time.

Directors: Uh, ok...so he'll have an important role in the finale, right?

NP: Nope. He won't be in it at all except for a 5 sec flash forward.

Directors: ...........
The killer in season one had only one or two lines lines, and the actual conspiracy was never really tackled there as well.

I liked this season, I said earlier in this thread it was being held to the impossible standard of season 1, which was always going to make it look inadequate. It wasn't the greatest thing ever put on TV, but it was better than the vast majority of it.
double aught
AG
Why couldn't have Ray's audio recording uploaded at least? Give us something!
Stive
AG
This whole season was TERRIBLE.

I loved season 1, and have tried desperately to love 2......but it's just not happening.

It was bad....bad, bad, bad.

The acting wasn't terrible, CF, had some great moments, and VV had a few. But the storyline was just stupid....
bangobango
AG
I enjoyed this season, but this last episode stunk, in my opinion.
bangobango
AG
quote:
My early, off the wall prediction is the set photographer did it. If anything felt like the lawnmower interview it was that.

Actually, I think the mayor and his son are also involved. I think it will all tie in somehow.
Just want to point this out.

NAILED IT!
Objective Aggie
AG

unmade bed
So I guess those super important papers that woodrugh pulled out of the orgy house didn't end up meaning **** after all?

Also, why did Ray buy his son voice message recorders they could use if he knew how to send voice messages on his smart phone? Did he just have a lot of money to blow on useless gadgets?

Also the detective work that Ray did to get from the jewelry store sister to the brother being the film set photographer, was nothing short of amazing. Ages are pretty close. Bingo. Mysetery solved. True detective.

Oh and what's with that kid going from super detective able to piece together his parents murder, then pull off an unsolvable torture/murder of corrupt city official, getting the jump on Ray with non lethal rounds, and outwitting the true detectives by burning the murder car and escaping to coming up with the worst scheme ever arranging a swap of deleted hard drive for fake diamonds in a public place only to show up with a butcher knife in a paper bag where her was lying in wait crouched behind a corner?

And about that scene, excellent police work by those 3 cops that came in guns blazing to not only not recognize public enemy #1 when he walked in the station (although a cowboy hat is a DAMN good disguise) but then they manage to stop a knife attack by not only blasting away the attacker but the "victim" as well.
TresPuertas
AG
quote:
quote:

Sorry to burst you bubble but RM says she owes it to his sons .

It's Velcoro's

Edit: sorry. Late to the thread

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.