*** TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 ***

253,364 Views | 1788 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX scallywAG
zgood10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
She was the mother of the little kid Walt poisoned.
and then TODD happened
captkirk
AG
quote:
Had to go back and watch the shootout again. The cop next to RM is the one who accidentally plugged the civilian. After that cop bit it, RM tried to take his gun because she was out of ammo. So her prints are on the gun. Not sure if that'll come back to bite her, but worth noting
Anybody else think it was weird that the civilian just seemed to be casually strolling down the sidewalk during the fracas?
Bunk Moreland
I think he was hiding behind the car, and he got up to move out of the way of the gunfight and got blasted.
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
I think he was hiding behind the car, and he got up to move out of the way of the gunfight and got blasted.
Yep. He just popped up, probably trying to run from the action. His mistake.
mhayden
quote:
quote:
Had to go back and watch the shootout again. The cop next to RM is the one who accidentally plugged the civilian. After that cop bit it, RM tried to take his gun because she was out of ammo. So her prints are on the gun. Not sure if that'll come back to bite her, but worth noting
Anybody else think it was weird that the civilian just seemed to be casually strolling down the sidewalk during the fracas?

There were actually some people just strolling down the sidewalk in the background in one of the shootout scenes.

Extras gonna extra.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
quote:
Anyone else keep getting the feeling that VV's red headed wife & CF's red headed kid might be connected some how?

Maybe the red headed girl has a crazy rapist brother that forced Them to cook up that cover story about the fake rapist?
No.

Ok, but the kid being a red head has to point to someone. I think the only other red head is the guy demoted to pit boss.
Cibalo
I found myself bored for the first 50 minutes of the show. It just felt like we were repeating the same thing from the last 3. Then the shootout happened and it pissed me off because now I have to keep watching.

Also how come all of the cops were going on the raid with just pistols except for one guy with a shotgun?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Because they did really really crappy intel work beforehand.
MW03
AG
quote:
It appears that the gang will be back together similar to the way Rust and Marty did in later episodes of season one to figure out who really killed Caspere, which means that basically Ledo Amarilla is season two's Reggie Ledoux, also known as the Yellow King.

Wait... Reggie Ledoux was the Yellow King last season? I thought Lawnmower Man was the Yellow King. Or maybe the Tuttle guy.
PooDoo
AG
I got the feeling Franks & Beans was working for the mayor trying to set up the task force & letting them go into the place out gunned.
MW03
AG
Tangent:

I have been fighting to place the guy who played Detective Dixon

Finally gave up and came to learn that he played the excellent Dan Dorty in Deadwood.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wow another one i did not know....he was really different...but now i can see it.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Tangent:

I have been fighting to place the guy who played Detective Dixon

Finally gave up and came to learn that he played the excellent Dan Dorty in Deadwood.

mhayden
quote:
I found myself bored for the first 50 minutes of the show. It just felt like we were repeating the same thing from the last 3. Then the shootout happened and it pissed me off because now I have to keep watching.

Also how come all of the cops were going on the raid with just pistols except for one guy with a shotgun?

Because they assumed they were going after a low level pimp... It was even mentioned that it seemed like they actually had too much manpower for what they were going to do.
MW03
AG
Yeah, I was going to put that as a bonus until I realized poodoo was referring to him as Franks n Beans. I have moon bombing PTSD.
LHIOB
AG
Character Re-Cap
double aught
AG
Good recap. Thanks.

Although I don't find the season as hard to follow as that article says. Maybe that's just because I keep up with this thread and read Sepinwall's recap each week.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Yeah, I was going to put that as a bonus until I realized poodoo was referring to him as Franks n Beans. I have moon bombing PTSD.

This isn't the Zoo friend. You're in a safe place here.

God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
As people have said, it's a bit unfair to compare this season to season 1...esp with season 1 being completely new to us. Also, it seems like it wasn't until the second half of season 1 when people really began to be "all in" with the show. While certainly not perfect, this show is still really solid imo and better than the vast majority of shows on TV. And I think, much like last season, peoples' opinions will be a bit more favorable by the end of the season than they were in the first half. Also, everything was just as muddy last season at this point if I remember correctly. People liked the show, but we really didn't have many answers at all.
Cibalo
quote:
quote:

Because they assumed they were going after a low level pimp... It was even mentioned that it seemed like they actually had too much manpower for what they were going to do.
The same low level pimp they suspect murdered Kasper, burned out his eyes, and staged him on the side of the road or the same low level pimp the shot CF while wearing a bird mask and took the video hard drive, or the same low level pimp that torched a car, lead them on a chase, and lost two detectives?

Nothing has turned out like they thought with this case and has always been much worse. Boss says not to wait on SWAT but doesn't mean you can't bring some bigger firepower.
jschroeder
If the only reason I'm watching a show is because of the previous season, how is it unfair to compare it to that season?
Citizen Reign
Watched last weeks ep again and followed it with this weeks. This week was pretty good (better) but I found myself laughing about all of the characters speaking in the same dull monotone voice. Their all so serious and tuff.

It's like the director told them all to try and sound a little like Clint Eastwood.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
Was that like the ghetto scene last season? All one shot? Probably not since too many cops were killed. Very intense though. And sad.
I was thinking the same thing but it was not one continuos shot, I think that would have been too hard to pull off. However, I did think it was a great scene and had me on the edge of my seat.
It kind of reminded me of the cellar scene in Inglorious Basterds.
AggieHank86
AG

quote:
We got a taste of Ani's carelessness/craziness too, with the way she chased that SUV completely out in the open, and when she was gonna bring a knife to a gun fight.

She was out of bullets, and a bad guy was coming for her. Some defense is better than no defense.
bangobango
AG
quote:
If the only reason I'm watching a show is because of the previous season, how is it unfair to compare it to that season?
It's hard not to compare, but really, season one is considered by many to be the best season of television, ever, or at least in the top 5 or 10. It's highly unlikely that ANYBODY can follow that up with another top 5/10ish type season starting over completely from scratch.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
What was the deal with picture from Summer Camp? Hippie Dad, Rick Springfield Doctor, current Mayor's dad. They were all part of some summer camp cult back in the day? Interesting to see where that goes.
Hippie dad ran a commune. Rick S and Mayor pere were members.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
What was the deal with picture from Summer Camp? Hippie Dad, Rick Springfield Doctor, current Mayor's dad.

They were all part of some summer camp cult back in the day? Interesting to see where that goes.
Pretty sure it is current mayor, not his dad. Current mayor looks roughly the same age as the aura guru and Rick Springfield.
Mayor pere was in charge of one subset of the commune. Hippie guru Bezzerides specifically said, "no, his father" when asked about the mayor.

Mayor was in the picture as a very young man. Probably visiting Dad.
Deadwood
AG
Southlake
So, who's gonna nail RM first, Velcoro or Riggins?? (Waiting for Sunday...)
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
BOTH!!!....i fear where that could go though.....

did you see "7 Days in Hell" yet on HBO.......still having nightmares.
double aught
AG
quote:
I volunteer.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
BOTH!!!....i fear where that could go though.....

did you see "7 Days in Hell" yet on HBO.......still having nightmares.

bigboykin
AG
Curiosity got the best of me and i looked up some aura colors and their meanings. Morse said Ferrel's was green and black.

quote:

Green
Green is the color of the heart and of nature. This is usually found within the aura of healers, teachers and people who work for the public good.

Forest green - You're a natural healer.
Yellow-green - You're a communicator. You may be an actor, writer, musician or salesperson.
Dark or cloudy green - You are very jealous person and full of resentment. You refuse to accept responsibility for your own actions.
Turquoise - The ultra aura color for a powerful healer. You help others discover their inner truths. Usually found in doctors, healers and counselors.

Black
Black auras indicate you're holding on to negative feelings. Typically it indicates an unwilling and unforgiving spirit. This color can also indicate that disease is being held in certain regions of the body.
agdaddy04
AG
Think that was posted a few back.
bigboykin
AG
You're correct, but I missed it on mobile because it was embedded as images. They're slightly different anyway.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.