*** TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 ***

253,345 Views | 1788 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX scallywAG
marble rye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
It's not close, really. Not sure what it was but that episode worked for me.

Finally felt like the show/crime solving was going somewhere.
mhayden
Great episode.

Agree the dialogue is too over the top though. People do not talk like that. It's like producers saw the love for Crowder/Givens very verbose back and forth on Justified and thought "we need this!".

Sounds so out of place.
Tobias Funke
AG
Can somebody help me understand the role of the black woman? Not sure how I missed this but seems she is now a much more crucial character than expected
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Can somebody help me understand the role of the black woman? Not sure how I missed this but seems she is now a much more crucial character than expected
That's Briana Barksdale, fool.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:

Assistant State AG with political ambitions. Really raised her eyebrow when her boss (bald Asian guy) immediately declared for Gov, with a huge warchest, when Vinci was "solved".
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Wow....Sepinwall (HitFix) is still bagging on it...borderline says he considered not watchng any more.

Just curious but why do people listen to a podcast of someone who hates what he's watching? Seems like an excercise in futility to me, or a way to make yourself overly negative. Either way I don't get it.
I don't. I'm not aware of any podcast. He writes reviews for many shows and is one of the best reviewers out there IMHO. Usually has very good insight and is a great writer. This is the only show I've seen where he has consistently been negative. He gives a lot more praise than criticism that I've seen although I only watch mostly the best shows.

As someone else above said I usually learn things from his reviews too....who is who, or what the writer/director was trying to get across, subtle thing...because he is very plugged in. He usually has access before the episodes air (except for game of thrones) and has talked to the writer/director/etc. Often his writeups are published within minutes of the episode ending and can be a great little recap for me and he often has some small details I missed - links between characters, places, etc.
boy09
AG
quote:
I still have zero clue what's going on.
I'm right there with you. I need some supplemental reading or something. It's just not holding my attention when I watch.
COOL LASER FALCON
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
quote:
I still have zero clue what's going on.
I'm right there with you. I need some supplemental reading or something. It's just not holding my attention when I watch.
I *think* I gained more insight to the big picture, but please correct me if I am wrong. Catalyst / Frank used a waste management company that Frank had/sold to contaminate the land to be used for the rail project, thus allowing them to buy it on the cheap. Catalyst had the buyer killed to cover it up.

Meanwhile, Caspere and Mayor's son host sex parties for the big wigs involved in the deal, including the head of Catalyst. They video the proceedings and use them to blackmail the participants (for better deals? more land? just more $$$?). Caspere gets killed, hard-drive disappears, big wigs are nervous.

So now Frank has an opportunity to get some land if he finds the hard drive.

Behind his back, his partner is trafficking Euro sex slaves, who Rick Springfield touches up with plastic surgery.

Velcoro learns that Frank set him up about rapist, now he's super pissed.

The other two are headed to the contaminated land up north to search for what clues??? And she is using her sister's sex biz connections to get inside one of the parties.
mhayden
I think that's about right.
mhayden
quote:
Wow....Sepinwall (HitFix) is still bagging on it...borderline says he considered not watchng any more.

I actually agree somewhat with what he is saying now that i realize that it's an 8 episode season.

I'm fine with it being a slow burn show, but when you realize there's just 3 episodes left in the season, that is a LOT to try and wrap up and really makes the first 3 episodes where next-to-nothing happened seem a waste.

Makes me think much like Season 1 there is going to be quite a bit that is just left hanging.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
quote:
quote:
Velcoro learns that Frank set him up about rapist, now he's super pissed.

I'm pretty sure you're right on the money. I think we'll find out that Frank was also set up on the deal, probably by his right hand man.
Squirrel Master
AG
I feel pretty confident that, like season 1, we're going to figure out who the actual killer is (dude in the bird mask), but the larger conspiracy out there will be left hanging.
Thunder18
AG
Nice synopsis HTownAg
ItsA&InotA&M
quote:

Behind his back, his partner is trafficking Euro sex slaves, who Rick Springfield touches up with plastic surgery.

Who is Franks partner that you refer to? Frank seems to now be out there on his on. .
TCTTS
AG
The redheaded guy. Wouldn't call him his partner, though. More like his lackey.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Who is Franks partner that you refer to? Frank seems to now be out there on his on. .

He meant Frank's redheaded #2.
TCTTS
AG
Pretty cool...

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2015/07/true_detective_season_2_locations.php
Ramrod
AG
quote:
quote:

The red headed guy. The guy is (or used to be) more his right hand man than his partner.
MW03
AG
I loved the line where Velcoro said that Woodrugh was "a god warrior that day" when talking about the shootout.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
I loved the line where Velcoro said that Woodrugh was "a god warrior that day" when talking about the shootout.

I agree. CF was awesome this episode
Shelton98
AG
My favorite part of the episode was when a very smug Rick Springfield essentially told Velcoro that he was all bark and no bite. Didn't take long to figure out he was wrong on that point.
dave94
AG
Yeah, what was he thinking?
HtownAg92
AG
Oh wait...forgot about the blue diamonds. WTF are those about?
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Caspere had some extremely valuable blue diamonds that Dixon tried to find early on (maybe even episode 1), but they were missing from Caspere's safety deposit box. Now they show up again in pictures possessed by missing hooker girl's sister.
agdaddy04
AG
And now they know Dixon knew about them early on.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

I agree. CF was awesome this episode
his reaction when told the real rapist was caught was awesome....said nothing but the emotions he went through and trying to contain himself.....emmy nom (at least)...give it to him.
Ramrod
AG
quote:
I'm thinking those diamonds are Frank's $5 million.
marble rye
AG
I think the guy that was in the eagle mask that shot Velcoro was the Asian dude that Frank told, "you don't direct me."
Waltonloads08
AG
VV continues with his "minimalist" acting job, as another poster put it. I'd definitely say he just barely meets the minimum to qualify as an actor.

ok, done with my weekly Vince bashing.
The Debt
quote:
VV continues with his "minimalist" acting job, as another poster put it. I'd definitely say he just barely meets the minimum to qualify as an actor.

ok, done with my weekly Vince bashing.

Really, because I think VV is doing a better job than TK.
PooDoo
AG
I think it was VV's ginger pit boss... I believe the guy in the mask was pretty lanky... at least not built like the chinese guy.
Al Bula
AG
Biggest plot hole in the conspiracy theory: Masuka being the mastermind behind it all.

ItsA&InotA&M
quote:
quote:
Caspere had some extremely valuable blue diamonds that Dixon tried to find early on (maybe even episode 1), but they were missing from Caspere's safety deposit box. Now they show up again in pictures possessed by missing hooker girl's sister.
I need to watch it again to see if the diamond pictures were mailed to the missing hooker or directly to her sister. And why were they sent?

Were they sent by someone knowing they would get into the detectives hands to aid in solving the crime?

If so, who is this person?
Ol Jock 99
AG
They were in a PO box of hooker sister that concerned sister just was able to access. IIRC.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.