*** TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 ***

253,380 Views | 1788 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX scallywAG
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was a hybrid. Didn't watch the first 3 seasons, then watched them all in a summer, and started watching live with season 4.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
quote:
quote:
Stan speaks!!

http://www.pajiba.com/true_detective/an-interview-with-the-actor-who-plays-stan-on-true-detective-ronnie-gene-blevins.php

Ronnie Blevins seems like a pretty cool dude

If someone knows Ronnie, how about an AMA on Texags? I'd love to hear some stories from his perspective.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:
quote:
Stan speaks!!

http://www.pajiba.com/true_detective/an-interview-with-the-actor-who-plays-stan-on-true-detective-ronnie-gene-blevins.php

Ronnie Blevins seems like a pretty cool dude

If someone knows Ronnie, how about an AMA on Texags? I'd love to hear some stories from his perspective.
That's a great idea. TexAgs has those chat rooms they could use too.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'll message him over the weekend. No promises, but who knows!
Shelton98
AG
quote:

There are certain actors whose persona/style/etc. seems to always outweight their character. They are always the same in everything they do.

Robert Duvall.
Bunk Moreland
The king of all of em is Denzel.

He's always Denzel Washington as "Denzel the loving father" or "Denzel the gangster" or "Denzel the bad cop"

I don't think I've seen one Denzel movie that I can truly suspend my belief of exactly who he is. He either struggles to truly get taken over by the character, or the roles he picks have writers and directors that end up basically massaging the role to just be comfortable for him as Denzel.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
George Clooney is another.

Clint Eastwood?
Texaggie7nine
My favorite version of Clooney is Dusk Till Dawn.
7nine
Bunk Moreland
Yeah George Clooney is white Denzel. Or is Denzel black George Clooney?
double aught
AG
quote:

He's always Denzel Washington as "Denzel the loving father" or "Denzel the gangster" or "Denzel the bad cop"

I don't think I've seen one Denzel movie that I can truly suspend my belief of exactly who he is. He either struggles to truly get taken over by the character, or the roles he picks have writers and directors that end up basically massaging the role to just be comfortable for him as Denzel.
Training Day
Glory
Malcolm X
Belton Ag
AG
quote:

Are we talking about actors currently alive? Obviously John Wayne was the king of that.
BassCowboy33
quote:
quote:
quote:
Vince is totally unbelievable in this role. It's awkwardly bad.

ThE acting in season 1 was far superior to season 2.

I don't think he's that bad. He's played one role for almost 20 years. I think it is just hard for any of us to see him differently.

Is he MM or WH? Nope. But he's been far better than some of the criticism he's received here.

His early roles in Rudy, A Cool Dry Place, Lost World, Pyscho, and Domestic Disturbance were all good roles.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

Are we talking about actors currently alive? Obviously John Wayne was the king of that.
I'm not gonna argue too much on Denzel....I get that for 90% of his roles is certainly true.....but a few exceptions:

The Bone Collector - actually a very good mysterey/thriller where he is a paralized forensic cop with Angelina Jolie as his protege.

Crimson Tide - he was the good soldier to Gene Hackmans crazy power hungry wacko bent on nuclear destruction

Pelican Brief - was the good reporter protecting the identity of Julia Roberts in a big conspiracy case and mystery.

was not a father, gangster or the bad cop in any of those and very good movies/roles. most of those were earlier though. definitely seems like his roles got more typecast later like you said.

Texaggie7nine
Don't forget Glory
7nine
Bunk Moreland
Ttt. 30 minutes till next episode
FancyKetchup14
AG
quote:

Very true for his roles in the early 2000's....but I'm a big fan of Denzel in "Flight". I thought he was stellar in that movie and really broke out of his shell. edit: speaking of which...Frank's wife was the drug addict in "Flight."

chase128
AG
So is he going to be magically alive next episode?
ellebee
Holy crap!
FancyKetchup14
AG
Initial thoughts:

I thought VV was great tonight. I loved his reckless abandon attitude he carried the entire time. That scene with him and his little henchman was awesome.

*spoiler alert*

Man, although I saw it coming, Woodrough's death was tough to accept. I really thought he was going to play a huge role in these last two episodes. Next week should be pretty fast and furious!
W
AG
wow, that was a powerful episode.

Frank, Ray, and Ani are going to have to team up next week to beat the Russians.

might want to bring the Mexicans along to help
ellebee
I thought VV was great this episode also. Very well done! It was tough to watch woodrugh' s scene.
W
AG
so it appears that the Vinci mayor was not heavily involved in the murders, but the 3 other cops in the department (besides Ray) were a big part of everything going back to the 92 robbery
W
AG
also of the 2 kids orphaned after the robbery --- the girl became Caspere's secretary. Don't know what happened to the son --- maybe he is the killer
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Holy crap, that was an amazing episode. I feel like even the VV haters have to acknowledge the impressive performance he put on in this episode.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ellebee
Who was the guy that shot woodrough?
W
AG
he was one of the 3 Vinci cops (along with Dixon-shot dead in ep 4 & the black police chief)
ellebee
Aah thanks! Can't keep track of who is who.
AggiePride07
AG
Awesome episode.
The Debt
quote:
wow, that was a powerful episode.

Frank, Ray, and Ani are going to have to team up next week to beat the Russians.

might want to bring the Mexicans along to help

Mexicans were promised club's access for moving drugs....now they have nothing. Granted the russians would have ended the sale in their clubs anyway....
Complete Idiot
Second episode in a row where a key character comes out a random door and another key character just happens to be right outside the door.

Sorry, can't help it, that bugged me. Picked a random ladder in tunnel, climbs it, breaks out random door, and bam someone is waiting.

But I am still enjoying it and am glad the finale is 90 minutes, not 60.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
Second episode in a row where a key character comes out a random door and another key character just happens to be right outside the door.

Sorry, can't help it, that bugged me. Picked a random ladder in tunnel, climbs it, breaks out random door, and bam someone is waiting.

But I am still enjoying it and am glad the finale is 90 minutes, not 60.

Just assume all doors leading away from the tunnels within the vicinity were covered to ensure he didn't get away.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BassCowboy33
Wow. Just...wow.
Hudson2508
AG
I agree, thought it was stupid to have him shoot his way through 5 guys then only to be shot climbing out a random ladder after running for God knows how far.
TCTTS
AG
That was the whole point. We thought he was home free, only to get shot the second he makes it out the door. More heartbreaking that way.
W
AG
but no one has told the Mexicans they don't have nothing yet

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.