*** TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 ***

253,095 Views | 1788 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX scallywAG
AngryAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keep in mind the cost of the show with the high profile cast. Sure they probably get some substantial discounts, but it still has to cost HBO a bunch of money. That was fine for season one, but doesn't make a third season an easy decision.
agmatt06
AG
quote:
Only two real complaints. I didn't like VV character being killed at the end. The Mexicans gang didn't add anything. After MM and WH some how surviving their encounter we pretty much knew that wasn't going to happen again.

I didn't like Taylor kitsch being cast in his role. Just not good acting.

I'd go one step further and say that Taylor Kitsch (good acting or not), didn't even need to be in this show at all.

What aspect of his story actually got resolved through means other than his death? Basically nothing.

I think that was my biggest problem with this show...in season 1 we didn't realize how much "other stuff" was going to be in the show that wouldn't mean anything. But it didn't matter b/c the primary story line and acting was so good it overcame that.

In season 2, we knew stuff was going to happen that wouldn't matter in the end. In this case, the story line was paper thin, and the acting was enough to overcome that.

Shoot, season 1 had scenes with MM talking and making little figures out of his beer cans, and that was much more interesting than most of this season.

Ragoo
AG
fair comments. there were way too many characters to only have 8 episodes.
IJones23
quote:
When he asked for a ride they asked for the suit. That's when he went after the guy and got stabbed.

I screamed at the tv when he asked for a ride.
TX scallywAG
AG
Finally caught up. It seemed almost everything was revealed by end of episode 6, episode 7 & 8 was just everything unraveling. I guess season 1 had me so on edge until the very end, this surprised me in season 2. I kept waiting for another twist. Never happened.

I counted 8 overlapping storylines & sure I missed some. Way too much for an 8 episode show.

Great acting. CF really shined.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.