*** TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 ***

253,329 Views | 1788 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TX scallywAG
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lolololololololololol at tonight's episode
COOL LASER FALCON
Wtf was up with the music during the party?

I'm gonna go less than meh. Only part I liked was the stuff with Ray and his son.
Quinn
AG
1950s Romantic movie music didn't work for you?
W
AG
so the 2 missing girls have been found: one dead and the other working at the party.

seems like their departure from the mansion was too easy. Should have had the Mayor's son or someone else recognize Ani.

and we have the new mystery of who stole the blue diamonds back in 1992 and killed the shop owners
COOL LASER FALCON
anyone else think that the two kids who survived the jewelry heist are the mayor's kids, right?

Edit to clarify that this is just a guess.
mhayden
quote:
so the 2 missing girls have been found: one dead and the other working at the party.

seems like their departure from the mansion was too easy. Should have had the Mayor's son or someone else recognize Ani.

and we have the new mystery of who stole the blue diamonds back in 1992 and killed the shop owners

And 2 episodes to wrap it all up, which I'm guessing means we once against have a lot of unanswered questions.

Breaking into a mansion spec-ops style and stealing what should obviously be highly guarded incriminating evidence was lazy writing in Season 1, and even more-so here in Season 2.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
quote:
I guess the other interesting thing is that the two kids who survived the jewelry heist are the mayor's kids, right?
did i miss that?

it's just a guess on my end. But they showed the picture of the two kids and made mention of them in the foster system. Dark hair/ dark complexion and I think the ages seem about right.
W
AG
those are the mayor's kids? Boy and a girl. Maybe so
double aught
AG
I'm pretty sure the sweet haired police chief was at the party.
ac04
i thought it was very entertaining. not sure what some of you are looking for in this show. sadly this thread has devolved into a complaining competition.
Bunk Moreland
Damn I came away loving the episode.

The CF scene with his "son" and the subsequent rock bottom acceptance phone call with his ex wife is one of the most intense and dramatic scenes I've seen on TV, including TD season 1. That was heavy ****. The entire mansion break-in scene with the rescue ad Ani slicing dicing guys while drugged was badass.

That episode was great.
Potcake
AG
How was Delcoro driving so fast without lights, and also Woodruph was reading contracts in the same dark car? I'm still trying to figure out how this episode advanced anything. Of course I still have to watch it twice more to see what I missed.
cp2011
AG
At this point in the show I think the Russian and Frank's ginger lackey have the most reasonable motive and possibly colluded. In my theory:

The Russian wanted to invest in the railway but wanted to cut out Frank (the middle man) and go straight to the source. He put the lackey on the payroll in order to find out what Frank knew and had him start working the parties to get an inside perspective from that angle too.

Once they found out that Frank was investing through Caspere and that the rail execs were cooking the books to hide the investment, he knew that there was no way to follow the money trail. He decided to have Caspere killed and invest directly with the execs.

But then again it could just be the guy mowing the lawn at the elementary school
mid90
AG
Can't put my finger on it, but tonight's episode just felt......off. I felt like I was watching an action movie, not true detective.

Although I loved the "put it somewhere......like in your shoe" line.
mid90
AG
Drugs already in her blood stream, but she can make herself puke and magically sober up?
FancyKetchup14
AG
quote:
How was Delcoro driving so fast without lights, and also Woodruph was reading contracts in the same dark car? I'm still trying to figure out how this episode advanced anything. Of course I still have to watch it twice more to see what I missed.

'Twas a full moon. At least that's what the two guys being spied on in the mansion said. Not saying it makes it more believable...but maybe it counts for something.

I thought it was a well-paced episode. Agree with Bunk on the scene with CF on the phone with his wife. That was absolute nails.
PJD Ag 10
AG
This thread has turned into a beating. Do most of yall watch it to post about how much you disliked it? Man.

Haven't talked to a single person in real life who doesn't think this season is pretty good.
Waltonloads08
AG
quote:
Apparently being a true detective in both Season 1 and Season 2 involves breaking into the mansion and stumbling upon all the incriminating evidence then stealing it.

I'm ready for season 3 when Nick Nolte breaks into the bad guy mansion, and spots a tape/binder/folder with all the evidence on it.....then gets hammered and forgets to take it with him.

True Detective.
Wheatables02
AG
The only thing good about tonight's episode was CF's acting involving his son and the Mexican standoff line.
Complete Idiot
quote:
This thread has turned into a beating. Do most of yall watch it to post about how much you disliked it? Man.

Haven't talked to a single person in real life who doesn't think this season is pretty good.

SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT THE COMPANY YOU KEEP

REDSTONE AND I WILL RIDICULE YOU AT HH
Thunder18
AG
quote:

This x 10000. I thought tonight's episode was great from start to finish
Waltonloads08
AG
You know who I want for True Detective season 3 for real? You may not know the names, but they would knock it out of the park- good guys or bad guys.

Ben Mendelsohn
Oscar Isaac
Quinn
AG
I know you in real life and I don't like it. My previous comment didn't add to the thread, apologies for that, but I honestly don't see how people think this show is good. I won't muck up the thread anymore.
GreasenUSA
AG
3 great episodes in a row. Can't wait to see how they wrap it up during the last 2.
Sea Gull
AG
Loving this season so far! Great stuff!
Sex Panther
AG
That episode was awesome, I really don't know what some of you are complaining about. I think you made up your mind beforehand that you weren't going to like it.

quote:
Wtf was up with the music during the party?

I'm gonna go less than meh. Only part I liked was the stuff with Ray and his son.

I loved it. Fit the mood and reminded me of Hitchcock.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I'm pretty sure the sweet haired police chief was at the party.

He was, Ani freaked out and turned around to not be seen.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Drugs already in her blood stream, but she can make herself puke and magically sober up?

It can help. Also a rush of adrenaline and almost dying would clear you up a bit too.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
quote:

It can help. Also a rush of adrenaline and almost dying would clear you up a bit too.

By that point, it wouldn't, but I don't really give a crap about medical accuracy in TV shows not about medicine.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GinaLinetti
AG
Haven't seen tonight's episode but Jesus chrost there's a lot of whiners here. I'm actually enjoying this season a lot. It has a different vibe than last but I'm good with that.
MW03
AG
So you've got, Bezzerides, the straight laced cop, and Frank, the bad guy, both investigating the same case with Velcoro as the link between them (shout out to CLUE).

True Detective take on good cop versus bad cop here. Which one is the true detective depends on who's methods yield the best result, I guess.

Sidebar: I particularly enjoyed VV's performance this week. He's much better as the macabre bad guy when you can chuckle uncomfortably at Frank.
TCTTS
AG
Was about to post the exact same thing. During that entire sequence I kept thinking, "This music is perfect." Some of you want the most boring/standard/expected choices. The music MADE that sequence. Felt like an old caper, which was obviously the point. Loved it.
GreasenUSA
AG
I definitely noticed the music, and enjoyed the uniqueness of it.
Bunk Moreland
Agree about the music. Set the tone so well. Seriously that episode was as good as almost any on TV

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.