***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,361 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
South Platte said:

Proposition Joe said:

Lets see if I can hit the clichs that can guide us to victory:

Game 4: Backs against the wall, show them we won't quit
Game 5: Due to steal one on the road
Game 6: Home crowd will be insane with a chance to even the series - players will feed off of that
Game 7: Anything can happen
Kevin Millar: "DON'T LET US WIN TONIGHT"

The old 2-3-2 format though
J.P. 03
AG
Maxi hit a 3. If Bullock can hit one as well, we got this game in the bag.

EDIT: He got one! It's happening!!!
Proposition Joe
Well this is rather embarassing
Legal Custodian
AG
Proposition Joe said:

How so?
Iowaggie
AG
That might not be a quick fix and could be a while.

Did they not have any buckets to put down to catch some of the water?
Seven Costanza
AG
Despite the poor agility and lateral movement, Bertans is surprisingly fast when running in a straight line.
Proposition Joe
Legal Custodian said:

Proposition Joe said:

How so?

I mean, its the western conference finals on national tv and we're in a delay because our roof is leaking.

Im not losing any sleep over it, but makes our facility look shoddy.
Phat32
AG
Who the **** cares? It's a professional sports arena not a personal display of your family's success.
hph6203
AG
The NBA has free agency.
Proposition Joe
I don't think anyone is cursing about it, but fresh off a half a billion stadium upgrade kinda silly to act like no one cares about what your arena looks like.
Proposition Joe
Luckily Charles took the heat off us with the comments about the rain needing to wash away all the homeless in San Francisco.
Enviroag02
AG
Is Doncic normally a rebound machine? 14 already!
Enviroag02
AG
Well the choke is in play
TefIon Don
AG
………
PatAg
AG
What did we do wrong to be forced to listen to Reggie Miller call our games
Zachary Klement
AG
Wow this is depressing. At least it shows how trash the end of our bench is.
TefIon Don
AG
Well, at least their starters came back in too.
hph6203
AG
All part of the plan!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
3-0 in elimination games.
jograki
AG
Whew.
South Platte
Ok boys, here we go. To win this series we knew we were going to have to win at least 1 game in, as Chuck says, "dirty ass San Francisco". Get game 5 and look out.

aggieque
AG
Gentlemen's sweep. Dubs wrap this up on Thursday then take a long Memorial Day weekend off before starting the finals.
M.C. Swag
AG
Proud of the team for showing some pride. When Luka cut to the rim on that 1st quarter give & go, I knew we would win this. That's the kind of effort we've been clamoring for all year and as frustrating as it is to wait until down 3-0 to see it, it's still nice to show some heart when your back is against the wall.

IF we win the game tomorrow in GS, this series heads back to Dallas for Game 6 and i truly believe we can get this to 7. But the game in GS is going to be brutal. It will take the Mavs' best effort and I really really want to see it.
GrapevineAg
AG
aggieque said:

Gentlemen's sweep. Dubs wrap this up on Thursday then take a long Memorial Day weekend off before starting the finals.
GTFO
PatAg
AG
Even if we end up losing, it would be great to win game 5 on the road and make them sweat a little. Give the home fans at least one more game to watch.
True Anomaly
AG
There's been this thing about "immaculate vibes" on this team, stretching back to last year when Brunson talked about it on JJ Redick's podcast. Last night in that arena, the vibes were indeed immaculate. We're extremely likely to lose this series, but I'll never forget that game last night. Proud of our dudes for not getting humiliated
Phat32
AG
Please win Game 5 and make them come back to Dallas.
Proposition Joe
We've now entered Stage 2 "down 3-0" sports hope - "if we can steal one on the road"
NoahAg
Proposition Joe said:

Luckily Charles took the heat off us with the comments about the rain needing to wash away all the homeless in San Francisco.
Luckily Charles is who he is. If someone more like Ernie said that they would have been #canceled already.
Let's go, Brandon!
AverageJones
AG
Proposition Joe said:

We've now entered Stage 2 "down 3-0" sports hope - "if we can steal one on the road"
Steph has already blown a 3-1 lead in his career, let's see if we can add a 3-0 to his resume
PatAg
AG
Would be interesting to see how this series would be going if we had Hardaway available.
NoahAg
PatAg said:

Would be interesting to see how this series would be going if we had Hardaway available.
I know some fans love to hate on him but when he's hot he's hot. He can also attack the rim with quickness.

The more I think about it the Mavs aren't the least bit intimidated by GS. Luka is clearly the best player on the court, and these aren't the championship warriors of a few years ago.

Curry is still Curry. Klay can still shoot but he's not taking over games (just don't leave him wide open).
Frankly, the more minutes Draymond plays, the better for Dallas. I'd rather see him on the court than Poole.

Our problems have been 1) giving up offensive boards and 2) every roll player shooting cold at the same time. If Luka and Brunson do their thing and just half of the roll/bench guys can shoot we win game 5.
Let's go, Brandon!
Zachary Klement
AG
This could be a stupid take and I could be completely wrong.

I agree that the offensive boards are killing us, but it feels like they get SO MANY good bounces. Just an absurd amount of balls take high bounces off the rim and just end up falling straight into the hands of Klay Thompson or Stephen Curry...anyone else feel that way? lol
PatAg
AG
NoahAg said:

PatAg said:

I know some fans love to hate on him but when he's hot he's hot. He can also attack the rim with quickness.

The more I think about it the Mavs aren't the least bit intimidated by GS. Luka is clearly the best player on the court, and these aren't the championship warriors of a few years ago.

Curry is still Curry. Klay can still shoot but he's not taking over games (just don't leave him wide open).
Frankly, the more minutes Draymond plays, the better for Dallas. I'd rather see him on the court than Poole.

Our problems have been 1) giving up offensive boards and 2) every roll player shooting cold at the same time. If Luka and Brunson do their thing and just half of the roll/bench guys can shoot we win game 5.
Yep, and Tim at minimum would have been another role player with a chance to shoot to their average.
That and just reducing the workload on Dorian and Bullock to a more manageable number.

Oh well, we still have a chance.
Win or lose, its going to be interesting to see what they do in the off season.
NoahAg
Ha, yeah it does seem like that. Even last night when we won the rebounding battle there was I play where a think Maxi played good D, got a block . . . and it went right to a GS player for an easy bucket.

Let's go, Brandon!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.