***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,333 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
78669AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Drayton should have gotten a 2nd tech for all the *****ing he did before half
Legal Custodian
AG
Man, what a collapse. Shot could not fall that 3rd quarter
Carlo4
AG
ClickClack said:

These announcers are freaking out every time GS scores but don't even acknowledge a bucket for the mavericks. Lol

I wonder what will happen when it's 2-2 going back to GS?
MW03
AG

Zachary Klement
AG
Carlo4 said:

ClickClack said:

These announcers are freaking out every time GS scores but don't even acknowledge a bucket for the mavericks. Lol

I wonder what will happen when it's 2-2 going back to GS?
They will still be openly rooting for GS!
South Platte
Miller said some encouraging things about how Dallas' role players step up in Dallas home games. I thought he was sort of rooting for us - - he has to hate seeing Curry and Thompson win titles when he never got one. And he should have gotten one at some point.

Tonight I saw a championship level team seize an opportunity in the 3rd quarter when we went cold. Both teams were cold for about 5 minutes - if we had still been hitting shots we win going away and the 4th is a formality. I saw 4 or 5 open 3's go halfway down and pop out.

I hope we get to play as many games against these guys as we can. This is who we have to beat to win a title. Let's keep this in perspective . . . a few weeks ago we were down 1-0 to Utah with no Doncic.
jeffdjohnson
Fore Left! said:

PatAg said:

I actually think this series is very winnable, I dont think the Warriors look amazing.

Agree. I definitely don't feel any worse than after the Suns game 2, so what not? Still winnable

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not seeing it. Against PHX they shot a ridiculous percentage on long 2s that didn't seem sustainable. Luckily it wasn't and the Mavs came back. This time I really question how the Mavs will be able to defend. They are repeatedly getting beat on the perimeter, at which point the Warriors offense is generating consistent, quality looks. On offense the Warriors are collapsing on drives and living with open 3s. I think shooting 45 3s a game is okay for the Mavs if they are open. I'm pretty good with the Mavs ahot profile I'm mostly concerned with the Mavs defense. Hopefully the Warriors role players just play worse on the road in these next 2 games. Otherwise it's curtains.
Phat32
AG
Kleber and Spencer have to add more. Good god.
PatAg
AG
Role players at home vs the road has been the story so far. Hold serve at home, take one on the road. See if it continues
Spaceship
AG
Golden State has won at least one road game in 25 straight series…that's crazy and doesn't bode well for us down 0-2 without home court advantage.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Mavs are +1800 to win the championship.

Warriors are -115
awrollins
They fined our bench again lol
J.P. 03
AG
Quote:

"I really love the energy their bench showed. I think it's great," Kerr said after Golden State's pre-game shootaround Sunday

"But you can't interfere with the game, and I thought that one play I don't know who it was, but someone was wearing a white shirt and was basically standing right next to our player and calling for the ball. So that's too much. That's too much. But the other stuff I have no problem with. I think it's great."

I know that play he's referring to, and I'm pretty sure that's not how it went at all.
PatAg
AG
I watched that replay a few times, I think Steph definitley thought the guy in the white shirt was a teammate but he was just standing there.
There probably SHOULD be a rule that prevents someone on the opposing team wearing the other teams colors
All this bs about fining for standing up and being into the game is weird
Carlo4
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Quote:

"I really love the energy their bench showed. I think it's great," Kerr said after Golden State's pre-game shootaround Sunday

"But you can't interfere with the game, and I thought that one play I don't know who it was, but someone was wearing a white shirt and was basically standing right next to our player and calling for the ball. So that's too much. That's too much. But the other stuff I have no problem with. I think it's great."

I know that play he's referring to, and I'm pretty sure that's not how it went at all.

I'm impressed they understood him with his mask on
gigem1223
Shots ain't falling early
gigem1223
How many are we going to put half way down in this series? In and out, in and out. Frustrating.
jeffdjohnson
Mavs perimeter defense has just not been up to task. As soon as GS beats the first defender they are moving the ball well and generating consistent open shots. They won't even have a chance to come back unless this changes.
gigem1223
Luka is sick
zgolfz85
AG
That was insane
TheCurl84
AG
Why does Kerr wear a mask? Virtue signal much?
gigem1223
Cool that an offensive player can reach out with the nonshooting arm and it's a foul against the defense
zgolfz85
AG
TheCurl84 said:

Yes, because he's a lib **** virtue signaling *****
gigem1223
TheCurl84 said:

Cuz Adam Schiff is his Daddy
jagged
AG
He did have Covid recently. But yeah his mask is terribly fitting and distracting.
jograki
AG
D is stepping up
gigem1223
Dinwiddie is balling. Dodo, Kleber and Bullock need to start hitting their shots.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Offensive boards are killing the Mavs
Spaceship
AG
Please eject Draymond
TexasAggiesWin
S
TheCurl84 said:

Makes me laugh, he pulls it down to yell and then like a bi*** pulls it back up over his mouth/nose!
jeffdjohnson
Defense was way better when Curry was out. Let's see if they can keep it going now. Sure would be nice to hit a few threes as well, damn man.
Iowaggie
AG
That offensive foul called on Doncic seems inconsistent with the way they call rip through fouls on defense
TexasAggiesWin
S
Ice cold shooting right now
PatAg
AG
What the actual **** is going on with these refs and how they are calling Luka?
Not getting a single ****ing call
gigem1223
May have been the most blatant over the back I've ever seen and no call

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.