***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

160,773 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
Infection_Ag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
M.C. Swag said:

No individual player scares me more than Jokic. I know his supporting cast is pretty much the worst amongst the playoff teams, but I truly believe he's on a mission this year and I want no part of that man in the playoffs. Like, imagine heading into a game 7 with Jokic. I feel like he'd avg 35/15/15 against the Mavs.

On the flip side, they have absolutely nobody who can even hope to slow down Luka.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
M.C. Swag
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

M.C. Swag said:

No individual player scares me more than Jokic. I know his supporting cast is pretty much the worst amongst the playoff teams, but I truly believe he's on a mission this year and I want no part of that man in the playoffs. Like, imagine heading into a game 7 with Jokic. I feel like he'd avg 35/15/15 against the Mavs.

On the flip side, they have absolutely nobody who can even hope to slow down Luka.
lol Well no one does.
zgolfz85
AG
If things fall into place and we can hold on to luka long term, we may end up loving #77 even more than #41
Grapesoda2525
MW03 said:

#3 Golden State
50-29 (1 game lead on Dallas; Dallas has tie breaker)
3 games left (LAL, @SA , @ NO), and probably all wins but who knows. That's a weird team. Recently lost 7 of 8, now won 2 straight, including one over Utah. Helps when Klay shoots 50% from 3.

#4 Dallas
49-30
3 games left (@DET, POR, SA) and probably should win all three with how they are playing. I'm still a little leery of that San Antonio game, though. Both their finale and Golden State's tip at the same time.

#5 Denver
47-32 (2 games back on Dallas; Dallas has the tie breaker)
3 games left (SA, MEM, LAL) all at home. Nobody can catch Memphis for #2, and Memphis can't catch Phoenix. Not sure how much they'll rest down the stretch, but stands to reason they will. Good chance Denver wins all 3 with how Jokic is playing. Dude is averaging 35/16/8 over the last 5 games).

#6 Utah
46-32 (2.5 games back on Dallas; Utah has the tiebreaker if they can take the division over Denver)
4 games to play (MEM, OKC, PHX, @POR), and maybe 2 more losses left with Memphis and Phoenix on the slate. But again who knows what those teams will do with their playoffs secured.

#7 Minnesota
45-34 (can't catch Dallas)
3 games left (WAS, SA, CHI). That Chicago game should be tough, but they could go 3-0 as well.

-------

Prediction:

#3 Dallas 52-30
#4 GS 52-30 (they lose @SA)
#5 Denver 50-32
#6 Utah 49-33
#7 Minnesota 47-35
San Antonio and New Orleans should both be hungry and desperate for wins until maybe the last night of the regular season. The Lakers might mail it in any minute and shut down Lebron / AD for the year. I think SA and New Orleans will play hard thru the regular season to stay sharp for the play in. I'm hoping Golden state still has 2 hard games left. While the mavs should have at most 1 hard game left. Detroit and Portland are obviously in full tank mode.
awrollins
Infection_Ag11 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Yeah the Jazz are even worse off tbh, they have absolutely 0 perimeter defense on the team. Royce O Neal will get cooked by Luka as he's only like 6'4 and not very mobile. Donovan Mitchell and Bogdonovic are terrible. Conley, while being a decent defender overall, is way to short. Gobert is their only reasonable chance, but Luka will absolutely cook him, he's too slow and if Luka take him out to the perimeter, ex Zubac last year, the Jazz have absolutely 0 help behind him. He's also been played off the floor by teams going small the last couple of seasons in the playoffs

All this combined with the Jazz imploding right now and the Gobert/Mitchell beef, give me the Jazz in R1.
Infection_Ag11
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

M.C. Swag said:

lol Well no one does.

Perhaps, but some teams (like the Clippers the last two years) have the perimeter length and defenders to help contain the pick and roll with Luka.

Every time Dallas plays Denver it's a layup line with wide open threes mixed in
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PatAg
AG
zgolfz85 said:

If things fall into place and we can hold on to luka long term, we may end up loving #77 even more than #41
If we get to that point, we need to just create giant statues of them on the walk up to the stadium like on the river in Lord of the Rings

zgolfz85
AG
PatAg said:

zgolfz85 said:

If we get to that point, we need to just create giant statues of them on the walk up to the stadium like on the river in Lord of the Rings

agreed
M.C. Swag
dave94
AG
50 wins feels good.
DANManman
AG
Throughout the aughts and 2011, the Mavs won at least 50 games each year. Here's hoping this is the start of a new run of excellence!
Jesus saves
MW03
AG
zgolfz85
AG
MW03 said:

simmons and rusillo talked about this on their latest pod ep. it's clear they're treating luka like a qb and he's passing to where players should be and often times before they get to their spots and hitting them on the fly. I like this approach because it keeps luka engaged and I think he plays best when he's like an aaron rodgers out there and can choose to create his own shot or work some set plays with guys in the corner waiting for the ball, etc. Then, he has the ability to also just do simple pick and rolls and if it doesn't work the first time, they're often times just resetting top of key and running the same pick and roll again successfully the next time. it's a beauty to watch right now
TheMasterplan
8 rebounds for luka in the 1st
Grapesoda2525
Can't find this game on tv ugh
94chem
zgolfz85 said:

MW03 said:

simmons and rusillo talked about this on their latest pod ep. it's clear they're treating luka like a qb and he's passing to where players should be and often times before they get to their spots and hitting them on the fly. I like this approach because it keeps luka engaged and I think he plays best when he's like an aaron rodgers out there and can choose to create his own shot or work some set plays with guys in the corner waiting for the ball, etc. Then, he has the ability to also just do simple pick and rolls and if it doesn't work the first time, they're often times just resetting top of key and running the same pick and roll again successfully the next time. it's a beauty to watch right now

Handle of Steve Nash, size and vision of Magic Johnson.
Grapesoda2525
Can we get a golden state loss please? Does anyone know if San Antonio and New Orleans have a reason to try and beat them? With the lakers eliminated, I'm concerned both teams might just mail it in and rest.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Spurs sitting out all of their starters against GSW tomorrow. No incentive for NOLA to win either.
Carlo4
AG
Doesn't matter as Luka is suspended due to excessive technical fouls. One part about his game that makes him very unlivable is that he cannot shut up about every contact made on him.
HawthornAggie
AG
Just bought playoff tickets! See y'all at game 1.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea the. Fact that he got a technical in a 50 point win just goes to show that he truly can't control it. And I agree, he seems like a great genuine guy who is generally friendly. But he'd be much more likeable on the court if he didn't complain so much.
fightinags2013
AG
The complaining does get old. He has to chill out with how often he complains.

That being said- he 100% got fouled, and there will be no accountability for Tony Brothers missing the foul call. That's a problem.
94chem
League rescinded the technical, but it won't help with their goal of seeing the two contenders meet in the western conference finals. Pop won't allow it.
Carlo4
AG
Luka left the game with a knee injury with about 3 minutes left in the third… when GS was up 30 on NO and no reason for him to play…
mavsfan4ever
AG
Beyond stupid. Left calf strain is what I heard.
Zachary Klement
AG
Ugh.
awrollins
I'm hoping it's the "team figured out the injury is nothing serious and have to call it something" calf strain, rather than the KD or Dak Prescott somewhat serious calf strain.
Carlo4
AG

I stand corrected on the knee.
M.C. Swag
AG
This completely sucks the wind out of the playoff excitement. A calf strain is ****ing awful. There's a likely chance he misses the whole first round. At best, he's going to play hobbled and risk further injury. What a cruel end to the regular season.
MW03
AG
Would have been nice for that technical to have stayed
fightinags2013
AG
Got a single in 205 row D for game 1 for sale for anyone with an Ag tag and some posting experience. Trying to price it to sell. Only $50 more than I paid for it, and much cheaper than you could get on Ticketmaster.

Reply here with your e-mail and i'll get in touch.
zgolfz85
AG
so unbelievable to see that happen in game 82....especially after this amazing run and the playoff win drought. Here's to hoping it looked and felt worse than it actually is.
Ol Jock 99
AG

This is the Carroll Clinic. I know that building well.
TheMasterplan
This is why you cannot get super attached to sports.
hph6203
AG
That's the team doctor not sure I'm following the added concern about it being at Carrell Clinic. My ex worked as a surgical nurse there and they had Dirk in for ankle problems that he didn't have surgery on.

The interesting part is the boot, but sometimes that's just precautionary.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.