***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

158,472 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by M.C. Swag
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If we take care of biz without Luka tomorrow and Friday against MIN again, it's a pretty safe lock that we're not in the play in. Would be huge
Grapesoda2525
Just by looking around at whose playing who tomorrow….. I'd say the rockets game is almost as important as the T wolves game.
MW03
AG
It seems like Kidd is making it a point to give guys rest heading into the playoffs, even though we're fighting for position.
Grapesoda2525
MW03 said:

It seems like Kidd is making it a point to give guys rest heading into the playoffs, even though we're fighting for position.
This is a golden opportunity to gain ground. It kinda sucks that luka isn't playing to be honest. Here is what our competition in the standings is doing today.

Golden state @ miami - it almost seems more likely that we will catch golden state more than Utah at this point. Utah is like the turd who won't flush.

Utah @ Boston - Utah really should lose this game. Boston is playing at a top 3 kind of level right now on both offense and defense.

Phoenix @ Minnesota - unless Phoenix chooses to rest folks they should be favored.

MW03
AG
I hear you, but I've also watched Luka looked washed at the end of the first round after absolutely carrying the team for a month leading up to the series start. This team can be competitive without him on the court, so I don't hate the idea of giving him a break with ten games to go, and then ramping up to get him and the team ready for the 1st round.
M.C. Swag
AG
The rockets are so so atrocious we should still win. I think had the Mavs lost to the TWolves, we play Luka tonight, but since we won, it's ok to give him some rest for the next TWolves matchup. Will I be mad if we lose? Yea but it wont matter if we beat Minn again on Friday.
NoahAg
Here's the box score from when I saw the Mavs win by 24 @ Houston in January. No Luka. No KP.
If we can't win big w/out Luka tonight we don't deserve the 5 seed.
https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401360405
Let's go, Brandon!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Good to see them stomp Houston in the 2nd half.
Zachary Klement
AG
Lets go! Ags win! Mavs win! Great day.
Grapesoda2525
Utah and Minnesota both lost. Breathing room!
mavsfan4ever
AG
This is one year where I'd actually like the 6 seed as opposed to the 4/5. I think we can beat Utah, but I'd much rather avoid Phoenix in round 2. But not going to complain if we get the 4/5. And the good news is that Phoenix likely doesn't want us to get the 4/5 and win the first round. Even though we struggle with them, they'd much rather play someone else with the ways ensure playing.
Grapesoda2525
mavsfan4ever said:

This is one year where I'd actually like the 6 seed as opposed to the 4/5. I think we can beat Utah, but I'd much rather avoid Phoenix in round 2. But not going to complain if we get the 4/5. And the good news is that Phoenix likely doesn't want us to get the 4/5 and win the first round. Even though we struggle with them, they'd much rather play someone else with the ways ensure playing.
Phoenix has never played us since the trade. Unfortunately, they do have a real center who could probably exploit our lack of defense and rebounding at the center position similar to Embiid probably did. I'm glad Philly is in the east.

I think we would do better against them but probably not beat them. Hopefully CP3 is a little dinged up still during playoff time.
M.C. Swag
AG
I just want to win a damn playoff series. It's been 11 years since that's happened. Idgaf who we play in Rd2, just get that monkey off our back.
Zachary Klement
AG
M.C. Swag said:

I just want to win a damn playoff series. It's been 11 years since that's happened. Idgaf who we play in Rd2, just get that monkey off our back.
We are going to win three!
South Platte
M.C. Swag said:

I recall our playoff series victory in 2001 was vs. Utah as the 4/5 matchup that ended a long dry spell and started a 10+ year run. Odd that it's lining up that way again this year.
Goldie Wilson
South Platte said:

M.C. Swag said:

I recall our playoff series victory in 2001 was vs. Utah as the 4/5 matchup that ended a long dry spell and started a 10+ year run. Odd that it's lining up that way again this year.
CALVIN BOOOOOOTH!!!
Grapesoda2525
I just hope we do enough in the playoffs to where maybe one of the coastal bros or ring chasers would possibly think about coming to Dallas in free agency. I know Donnie had the personality of a stump, but players are supposed to like this Nico Harrison guy.
MW03
AG
I haven't disliked a player as much as I dislike Beverly since Karl Malone. I genuinely don't understand how the refs watching night in and night out still fall for his bull *****
Ol Jock 99
AG
Big game today vs Utah. A win would be huge.
Yellerjacket
Really disappointed. Program guide shows Mavs-Utah on NBATV, but it's showing Nets-Hornets.
Grapesoda2525
Celtics are so scary right now. They've been beating everyone since they lost to us. They rolled Minnesota by about 20 points today. Warriors lost too. If we pull this out we gain ground on some teams.
gigem1223
Bullock es en fuego
Ol Jock 99
AG
Nice nice
gigem1223
Only 2 games back of the warriors, who have phoenix and Memphis next.
Zachary Klement
AG
HUGE win.
Carlo4
AG
2 back and plenty of time to get the 3 seed.
hph6203
AG
Utah after that and they've lost 5 of 6 without Curry. Should end up with the tie breaker against GS, Utah, and Den.

3 seed seems very possible.
JW
AG
trade getting better and better.
MW03
AG
Dallas is 46-29
Utah is 45-30

Dallas has this left:
  • LAL (W. Cratering, but Lebron loves Luka and usually shows up. Suspect after LBJ)
  • @ CLE (W. Likely a playoff team, but 4-6 in their last 10.)
  • @ WAS (W. Not making the playoffs, and 3-7 in their last 10. The Porzingis return makes it interesting.)
  • @ MIL (L. They might be playing for the one seed, and Dallas struggles with athletic bigs.)
  • @ DET (W. Bad team. 2-8 in their last 10. Nothing to play for except lottery balls.)
  • POR (W. No Lillard. Also 2-8 in their last 10. Tank mode has been engaged for a while.)
  • SAS (L. Young team. Pretty game at times, especially when Murray is cooking.)

That looks like 5-2 to close out the season.

Utah has this left:
  • @ LAC (W. I don't know what to make of the Clippers, but they won't get George back for this one.)
  • LAL (W. See above, except that it's on national TV.)
  • @ GS (W. Collapse watch with Curry out, and Draymond hasn't added anything.)
  • MEM (L. Oh Desmond Bane. What could have been? He's the reason they are playing well even without Morant. Utah matches up bad with them.)
  • OKC (W. For as bad as they matchup against Memphis, they match up that well against OKC, who is not a good team and probably in tank mode._
  • PHX (L. No analysis needed, unless PHX is coasting into the playoffs.)
  • @ POR (W. See above.)

That looks like 5-2 as well, depending on whether or not Mitchell is injured.

So there's no way both of these teams go 5-2. One might win an extra or lose an extra, so there's a very real chance that they end up tied by record.

Mavs are 2-2 against them this season. The ****ty thing is that Utah leads the Northwest, while Dallas is 6 back from Memphis with no shot. So in order to get the tiebreaker over Utah, we need Denver to win the Northeast, where they are 1 game back of the Jazz.

Denver has this left:
@ CHA
@ IND
MIN
@ LAL
SAS
MEM
LAL

They could legitimately go 6-1 with that schedule left. Here's the trick: they are 44-31, two games behind Dallas, and one game behind Utah.

Going to come down to the wire with 3-6 pretty much undecided. Golden State might have the hardest schedule remaining of all of them, and they are only 2 games up on Dallas.
zgolfz85
Grapesoda2525
MW03 said:

Dallas is 46-29
Utah is 45-30

Dallas has this left:
  • LAL (W. Cratering, but Lebron loves Luka and usually shows up. Suspect after LBJ)
  • @ CLE (W. Likely a playoff team, but 4-6 in their last 10.)
  • @ WAS (W. Not making the playoffs, and 3-7 in their last 10. The Porzingis return makes it interesting.)
  • @ MIL (L. They might be playing for the one seed, and Dallas struggles with athletic bigs.)
  • @ DET (W. Bad team. 2-8 in their last 10. Nothing to play for except lottery balls.)
  • POR (W. No Lillard. Also 2-8 in their last 10. Tank mode has been engaged for a while.)
  • SAS (L. Young team. Pretty game at times, especially when Murray is cooking.)

That looks like 5-2 to close out the season.

Utah has this left:
  • @ LAC (W. I don't know what to make of the Clippers, but they won't get George back for this one.)
  • LAL (W. See above, except that it's on national TV.)
  • @ GS (W. Collapse watch with Curry out, and Draymond hasn't added anything.)
  • MEM (L. Oh Desmond Bane. What could have been? He's the reason they are playing well even without Morant. Utah matches up bad with them.)
  • OKC (W. For as bad as they matchup against Memphis, they match up that well against OKC, who is not a good team and probably in tank mode._
  • PHX (L. No analysis needed, unless PHX is coasting into the playoffs.)
  • @ POR (W. See above.)

That looks like 5-2 as well, depending on whether or not Mitchell is injured.

So there's no way both of these teams go 5-2. One might win an extra or lose an extra, so there's a very real chance that they end up tied by record.

Mavs are 2-2 against them this season. The ****ty thing is that Utah leads the Northwest, while Dallas is 6 back from Memphis with no shot. So in order to get the tiebreaker over Utah, we need Denver to win the Northeast, where they are 1 game back of the Jazz.

Denver has this left:
@ CHA
@ IND
MIN
@ LAL
SAS
MEM
LAL

They could legitimately go 6-1 with that schedule left. Here's the trick: they are 44-31, two games behind Dallas, and one game behind Utah.

Going to come down to the wire with 3-6 pretty much undecided. Golden State might have the hardest schedule remaining of all of them, and they are only 2 games up on Dallas.
Hopefully Golden State continues its free fall.
Grapesoda2525
Golden state is getting boat races by the grizzlies tonight. Could be another opportunity to gain ground tomorrow.
Pvilleaggie
Desmond Bane is such a perfect fit for the Mavs
Zachary Klement
AG
Better than Josh Green!?
Grapesoda2525
Lebron and Davis are both doubtful for the game tomorrow. Go ahead and take it easy tomorrow guys. We're due for some injury luck to go our way for once.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.