***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

158,482 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by M.C. Swag
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zachary Klement said:

This could be a stupid take and I could be completely wrong.

I agree that the offensive boards are killing us, but it feels like they get SO MANY good bounces. Just an absurd amount of balls take high bounces off the rim and just end up falling straight into the hands of Klay Thompson or Stephen Curry...anyone else feel that way? lol
not a dumb take. It's remarkable how many good bounces they've gotten. If we went play by play over 4 games, I'd bet the farm their "lucky bounce" ratio is at least 2:1 to us this series. Hell, half of Looney's points have come on freakish offensive rebounds and simple putbacks. D Powell has had 6-7 rebounds bounce off his fingertips out of bounds. It's been wild to watch. GS has been the better team so far this series, but we could just as easily be at 2-2 or even 3-1 us if we even had just a few of those unlucky breaks go our way.

point being, they are a better team, but we aren't light years away from their ceiling like media makes it out to be. Give me this squad minus a couple of decent guys and add a big and that's honestly enough IMO to get a ship.
awrollins
If we can win game 5, this series gets reaaaaal interesting. Not going to go there yet, but boy it would be awesome if we can win tomorrow
GrapevineAg
AG
If we win game 5, i'll be taking our daughter to game 6 while she's in town. if we lose game 5, it'll save me a bit of $.
Proposition Joe
I wouldn't say we are "light years away" from Golden State's level, but we're 2 legitimate starters away from it.

As others have said -- our 2nd best player wouldn't even start for Golden State.

We've got an all-star that can draw two defenders every single time he touches the ball -- and he is adept at finding the open man. So if we can hit 3's, we can bet absolutely anybody. But it's still a very 2-dimensional offense (Luka / 3pt shooting).

Warriors can beat you about 5 different ways.
500,000ags
AG
I am one of those fans not high on THJ. Lol

I like that he'd take some of the pressure off DFS and Bullock, about it.
Seven Costanza
AG
THJ and Dinwiddie have different styles, but both are "they might get you 30 points...or they might give you a giant bag of s**t" types. If you have two of those guys, your odds of getting a good night from one of them goes up.
PatAg
AG
awrollins said:

If we can win game 5, this series gets reaaaaal interesting. Not going to go there yet, but boy it would be awesome if we can win tomorrow
That's what I'd like to see, let's **** around and win game 5 and see what happens
NoahAg
Seven Costanza said:

THJ and Dinwiddie have different styles, but both are "they might get you 30 points...or they might give you a giant bag of s**t" types. If you have two of those guys, your odds of getting a good night from one of them goes up.
Absolutely. I do think Dinwiddie has a little more offensive range though. Can score in more ways. Distributes better.
Let's go, Brandon!
PatAg
AG
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/5/25/23141446/luka-doncic-found-a-way-to-counter-the-warriors-zone-defense

Good article
500,000ags
AG
I love Luka moving without the ball - I like the idea of Luka thriving in any context without the ball. It's the only way we will be able to get any juice out of a second ball handler and scorer. Any aficionados know how that would translate in a man defense?
Zachary Klement
AG
Going to the watching party tonight at the AAC! LETS GO MAVS!
Proposition Joe
Playing with house money tonight - let 'em fly from 3 and hope for the best.
zgolfz85
AG
PatAg said:

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/5/25/23141446/luka-doncic-found-a-way-to-counter-the-warriors-zone-defense

Good article
good article indeed. my question...why didn't they try this in game 2? the warriors played plenty of zone in game 1 also.
jagged
AG
This hot or cold team looks cold tonight.
PatAg
AG
This color commentators have just been awful this whole series. Then gundy just said that our threes have been heavily contested but in reality they've been as wide open as they have been all series. We're just not making them this series for whatever reason. There are statistics that backup this point, that you can find out there people have shared called shot quality
PatAg
AG
Refs just refuse to give Luka any calls on his drives
They are allowed so much contact defensively, its wild
Proposition Joe
We have to work way too hard for every one of our shots and half of theirs are gimmes.

Need to keep it within 14 at the half.
PatAg
AG
lol at this bum implying Luka could have gotten back on either of those plays
PatAg
AG
Yea, if we can be around 10 at half that will be huge
They are just letting golden state foul the **** out of us on every drive, and on top of that we are bricking every open shot again
bad recipe
Proposition Joe
Along with improving his defense, Luka really needs to get passed the James Harden "whine and quit on a play" routine.
TefIon Don
AG
**** this team is hard to watch tonight
PatAg
AG
Game is way to early to be over, gotta keep up max effort and trust the shots will start fouling
like you said, you can talk to the refs on stoppages of play
HawthornAggie
AG
That's like the third point blank miss
hph6203
AG
In a pick 'em of players (of consequence) to show up today, Dinwiddie would've been low on the list. He's the only one that's showed up.
PatAg
AG
HawthornAggie said:

That's like the third point blank miss
I feel like that count is closer to 7 or 8
Down 17, game is still within reach, 3rd quarter is obviously huge
Proposition Joe
We could be hitting decently and still would be down. Cant give up 70. Was way too easy for GS.
Legal Custodian
AG
Let's ****ing go, let's win this effing thing!
Proposition Joe
Balloons over 20 again its over. Get it back to single digits and we will make them wonder.
PatAg
AG
Im not convinced i want to pay Brunson a large contract, but im not sure we really have a choice
Proposition Joe
4 offensive rebounds in 2 possessions.
Zachary Klement
AG
Man it just feels like GS gets EVERY call and EVERY bounce. It's maddening.
gigem1223
The lack of rebounding and giving them 2nd chance points is infuriating. Too much looking and not enough boxing your man out.
Zachary Klement
AG
PatAg said:

Im not convinced i want to pay Brunson a large contract, but im not sure we really have a choice
Agree.
Proposition Joe
Luka will pickup #4 on offense before we get out of the 3rd - they are just baiting his frustration.
gigem1223
Luka has got get his head in the damn game. If you miss a layup get your ass back on D.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.