***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,340 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dave94 said:

This team has something. If Bertans can get his shot back we can compete with anyone. Missing a big presence in the lane but the team defense is gelling.

So strange that a guy like Boban can't get minutes in this league. I grew up watching Mark Eaton and James Donaldson, and Boban has more skills than them. Makes me wonder if teams would even know how to use Dream these days. How dare you expect an entry pass on the block? If you can't play pick and roll, shoot 3's, and straight line drive defenders, your baseline magic has no place here.
M.C. Swag
AG
94chem said:

dave94 said:

This team has something. If Bertans can get his shot back we can compete with anyone. Missing a big presence in the lane but the team defense is gelling.

So strange that a guy like Boban can't get minutes in this league. I grew up watching Mark Eaton and James Donaldson, and Boban has more skills than them. Makes me wonder if teams would even know how to use Dream these days. How dare you expect an entry pass on the block? If you can't play pick and roll, shoot 3's, and straight line drive defenders, your baseline magic has no place here.

I think we'll see Chriss get rotation minutes when he's available. As for Boban, idk why he didn't get at least a couple minutes against Utah but I'll begrudgingly admit that I've been mostly impressed with Kidds rotations thus far.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Did the Mavs win the trade or no?
awrollins
Ol Jock 99 said:

Did the Mavs win the trade or no?

I think they won the trade….
Ol Jock 99
AG
I checked KP last night.

0/0/0 in 0 min.

I guess we did ok.
hph6203
AG
Gonna score 110 on 65% shooting tomorrow. It all evens out.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Wizards fans now think it was a Dinwiddie escape tank job. Reality tells me it's a guy who is finally healthy and benefitting from playing with a transcendent teammate who draws attention as well as creates. I don't expect him to keep it at this level, but the variables are certainly different here
Grapesoda2525
DannyDuberstein said:

Wizards fans now think it was a Dinwiddie escape tank job. Reality tells me it's a guy who is finally healthy and benefitting from playing with a transcendent teammate who draws attention as well as creates. I don't expect him to keep it at this level, but the variables are certainly different here
What a bunch of bitter Betty's. I don't get why they're so upset. Their team was going to stink no matter what.
South Platte
Seems like we've been in 5th place trying to catch Utah and hold off Denver for about 3 months now.
dave94
AG
This team playing a great game tonight. Luka picks up right where he left off!
mavsfan4ever
AG
Hell of a game. I'm beginning to get my hopes up and think we have legit title equity. Not favorites or anything but seems like we are one of few teams that might have a legit shot.

It's at least fun to think about…
Grapesoda2525
Gotta hope CP3 and draymond don't come back 100% this season. We still need those teams to be in a weakened state in order to beat them.
PatAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Gotta hope CP3 and draymond don't come back 100% this season. We still need those teams to be in a weakened state in order to beat them.

Do we? How could you possibly know that
Grapesoda2525
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Because of how stacked their roster is. They're still better than us when they're at full strength.
M.C. Swag
AG
Team is playing great. Dinwiddie is a perfect fit and has been a revelation. I still think we're too undersized to compete for the West but we would absolutely give a team like the Warriors fits (with or without Draymond).

Oddly I'm more scared of the teams beneath us (TWolves w/KAT and Nuggets w/Jokic in particular).
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea I'm worried that we may get exposed by good big men. But if it works out right, there's a chance we could not play a team with a legit big man so that may not be a huge problem.
PatAg
AG
Gobert isn't a legit big man?
hph6203
AG
Not on offense.
Zachary Klement
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Because of how stacked their roster is. They're still better than us when they're at full strength.
I think we could give either of those teams a run for their money at full strength, but agree we are much better off if they are without Dray or CP3 if we had to match up with them in the playoffs...hopefully, Chris isn't able to go round one and the Suns get bounced. The idea of Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr. making it back to the Nuggs in time for the playoffs is scary.
M.C. Swag
AG
PatAg said:

Not in any sense that would frighten me. Like, yea we dont have anyone that can match up with him physically, but he's borderline useless on offense if he can't dunk the ball. It's the versatile bigs that scare me (Ayton, Jokic, KAT).
awrollins
M.C. Swag said:

PatAg said:

Not in any sense that would frighten me. Like, yea we dont have anyone that can match up with him physically, but he's borderline useless on offense if he can't dunk the ball. It's the versatile bigs that scare me (Ayton, Jokic, KAT).

There's a reason why Gobert is almost unplayable during the playoffs, Luka would feast. I'm not scared not scared of the Jazz in the playoffs, they would honestly be my preferred matchup…
Grapesoda2525
That bogdanivic guy is nasty behind the 3 point line tho.
TheMasterplan
So the mavs bench talks a lot of **** apparently?
Zachary Klement
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Or Rudy Gobert is just a man-baby?
TDub
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Here's some context. If he's worried about it during a regular season game then he's going to be absolutely shook during the playoffs
Grapesoda2525
TDub said:

TheMasterplan said:

Here's some context. If he's worried about it during a regular season game then he's going to be absolutely shook during the playoffs

Big ***** boy…… just ignore the bench.
PatAg
AG
TDub said:

TheMasterplan said:

This the same guy that did this?

Was there some other stuff that happened before half that I missed?
Zachary Klement
AG
A buddy and I snagged tickets for cheap tonight! Does anyone know how to claim the NFT giveaway that you are supposed to get at every game?
MW03
AG
https://www.itechpost.com/articles/107907/20211118/mark-cuban-giving-away-mavs-nfts-heres-fans-1-free.htm
TheMasterplan
Zachary Klement said:

TheMasterplan said:

Or Rudy Gobert is just a man-baby?
haha its all good man...I wasn't being hostile.

It was a reference from Rudy Gobert's comments and thought it was funny.
gigem1223
Can't buy a bucket tonight. UGLY
94chem
1-21 on 3's at half.
Scotty Flamingo
Why the hell can't we beat the Knicks?
Grapesoda2525
Got the living **** kicked out of us. Lost by 30 points to a team that isn't even going to the playoffs.
Grapesoda2525
1 loss to okc, 1 loss to Orlando, and now a loss to the knicks.

The jazz and thuggets both won tonight. Heck the top 7 teams in the west have won recently. The mavs are the only team in that bunch with a recent loss.

The mavs can't afford to lose to Houston unless they want to go to the play in tournament. Things are too tight and losing to bottom feeders is really starting to hurt.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.