***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,341 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
Zachary Klement
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is unpleasant!
MW03
AG
Zero interior defense
MW03
AG
Welp, doesn't matter when they can't miss from 3 and we keep turning it over.
Zachary Klement
AG
I cannot stand watching Maxi Kleber play basketball. Dude SUUUUUUUUUUCKS
awrollins
Zachary Klement said:

Lol watch next game when he makes 4 threes and absolutely clamps up the team's best player. Maxi is so hot n cold it isn't funny. You just have to pray you have good Maxi in the playoffs, which we haven't had the last two years.
Ol Jock 99
jograki
AG
That 28-3 run
Ol Jock 99
AG
Did the Mavs win the trade?

Dinwiddie 24/4/5 in 32 min

KP yesterday: 0/0/0 in 0

Bertans wasn't great, but still had 7 points.
jograki
AG
That was fun!
Infection_Ag11
AG
Zachary Klement said:

He's a really good 3 and D role player. Every team has a guy signed for his role and he does it better than most.

The idea that guys like him are supposed to consistent every game is foolish because that's the nature of role players.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
qunique_2004
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I watch or attend every game. KP was playing great for a sissy. And Luka has only played 6 more games than KP this year.

They seemed to have a great relationship in the bubble. Maybe something happened after that who knows. But it's not like they made it obvious on the court that they hated each other. Plus even if Luka hated him, surely we could do better than dinwiddie/Bertans.

On the bright side, the Hang Zone will get to have some great interviews with Dinwiddie about crypto.

This is still funny
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am die hard Golden State Warriors fan, but congratulations to the Dallas Mavericks on rallying from a 21-point deficit on the road. After the Warriors led 75-54 deficit with 7:40 left in the 3rd quarter and 93-74 with 9:59 left, the Mavericks ended the game on a 33-8 run to beat the Warriors 107-101.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Ill be very happy to eat crow on the trade if we continue to play well and make noise in the playoffs. Too early to tell at this point.

Warriors have alot of injuries right now but it was a great comeback win. And the new guys are playing much better than I thought they would so far. Hopefully they can keep it up.
Zachary Klement
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Zachary Klement said:

He's a really good 3 and D role player. Every team has a guy signed for his role and he does it better than most.

The idea that guys like him are supposed to consistent every game is foolish because that's the nature of role players.
I like him much better as a roleplayer that logs like 10-15 minutes per game rather than the 25 he gets...he doesn't suck but plays more than I would like to see on a team that I feel confident could make a good run.
Zachary Klement
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Did the Mavs win the trade?

Dinwiddie 24/4/5 in 32 min

KP yesterday: 0/0/0 in 0

Bertans wasn't great, but still had 7 points.
Had to figure that Dinwiddie and Bertans were better than what they showed this year in DC. Excited to see this team continue to grow.
jeffdjohnson
I didn't like the KP trade but there is one angle that I didn't consider (or maybe just discounted) that would allow it to work out for the Mavs. All three players in that deal have a negative contract value but (theoretically) KP was the best player in the deal. KP is a good player but he will never live up to a max contract. Bertans is a fun, high variance player to come off the bench but I don't understand how he ever finessed an $80M contract. However, Dinwiddie is the one guy in that deal who might be able to rehab his value and live up to his contract. If he can do it that would give the Mavs a bunch of flexibility they never would have had if they kept KP. It is an early but a promising start in that regard. I'm optimistic that Washington being such a **** franchise is what was holding Dinwiddie and Bertan's value down to a degree. On the other hand, I don't see any situation where the Mavs could have coddled KP more. I think the Mavs already got the best version of KP, which is a very good but mostly injured player. I would have been very intrigued with an extended run of Luka/Brunson/Bullock/DFS/KP but maybe a healthy KP was the true unicorn all along.
M.C. Swag
AG
KP was never gonna finish his contract healthy. It's impossible to build a roster around a max contract player you can't rely on. Like, the Mavs had to carry 5 centers on the roster because they needed contingencies for KP.

I think we've all seen enough from KP to know that he can't be your second best player taking a max slot. They had to move him to find the next guy. For Luka and this current squad; reliable depth > unreliable talent.
MW03
AG
Doncic with a putback jam over Dwight Howard

MW03
AG
Another angle

MW03
AG
Dwight! That rim has a family!
Blindside05
AG
Can't buy a 3
zgolfz85
AG
This LAL team has to be one of the most hated teams in the history of the sport
dave94
AG
Great effing win after letting them back in it.
dave94
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Calk-lWtYVR
awrollins
When I saw Westbrook checking back into the game after the Mavs went down I knew things were going to be all right….
dave94
AG
Zachary Klement
AG
awrollins said:

When I saw Westbrook checking back into the game after the Mavs went down I knew things were going to be all right….
He had a missed three that I thought had a chance to break the backboard. I cannot believe that dude won an MVP.
dave94
AG
He had some ridiculously bad shots
Ol Jock 99
AG
They were talking on the Ticket this morning about Lebron trying to back Luka down, and Luka just stepped back, Bron stumbled, Luka stole the ball and alley-oop. Does anyone have a clip of this?? It would be cool if you did.
Iowaggie
AG
zgolfz85 said:

This LAL team has to be one of the most hated teams in the history of the sport

For me, they have now become like the NY Giants of the NBA because they are not good, but they are in prime time all the time and I do not want to watch them anymore. I'll just wait for twitter to point out the clown highlights.

hph6203
AG
Got a new unicorn.

dave94
AG
Why the eff can't they review the ball hitting the damn rim?'!?
qunique_2004
AG
Mavs
94chem
42 minutes out of Bullock
dave94
AG
This team has something. If Bertans can get his shot back we can compete with anyone. Missing a big presence in the lane but the team defense is gelling.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.