***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,343 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

whatever espn app means
94chem
Nice win. Too bad fatty had to turn another ankle.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
awrollins
94chem said:

L post after a win against the best team in the NBA right now. Mavs defense might be legit!
mavsfan4ever
AG
That may have been the best defense I've ever seen played against curry. He wasn't missing open shots. We guarded him perfectly all night.
94chem
awrollins said:

94chem said:

L post after a win against the best team in the NBA right now. Mavs defense might be legit!

Watching Dirk now. Luka needs to quit playing his way into shape and start working like Dirk.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
MW03
AG
Luka went 26-7-8 tonight. 26+7+8=41.
Saint Pablo
94chem said:

awrollins said:

94chem said:

Watching Dirk now. Luka needs to quit playing his way into shape and start working like Dirk.
Dirk has talked about how he didn't start taking his health seriously until his 30s. Definitely need Luka to step it up, but he's still carrying this team.
True Anomaly
AG
Saint Pablo said:

94chem said:

awrollins said:

94chem said:

Dirk has talked about how he didn't start taking his health seriously until his 30s. Definitely need Luka to step it up, but he's still carrying this team.
The caveat with that is that nutritional science was nowhere near what it is today in the mainstream, hence why NBA locker rooms were full of fried chicken and burgers and stuff like Dirk even said on a recent podcast when he started playing. No one put two-and-two together until he was later in his career and most professional athletes started taking it seriously.

Luka literally has no excuse anymore- he's just lazy with his health
Guitarsoup
AG
Saint Pablo said:

94chem said:

awrollins said:

94chem said:

Vlade was like "During games I switch to filtered cigs. Gotta take this **** serious.
94chem
Guitarsoup said:

Saint Pablo said:

94chem said:

awrollins said:

94chem said:

Vlade was like "During games I switch to filtered cigs. Gotta take this **** serious.
May be fine for a 3rd tier star. But if you wanna be an alpha - KG, Duncan, Dirk, Mailman, KD, etc., you gotta pay a price. Zion isn't going anywhere with that frame.
94chem,
ryanhnc10
AG
I love Dirk, but let's be real - he got his rest while 'playing' defense
MW03
AG
It's been 36 hours or so, and Cuban staring at Dirk is still making me uncomfortable

DannyDuberstein
AG
The statue of him shooting ben wa balls is a little weird too.

But love Dirk!
awrollins
Nothing is more Rockets than flexing after scoring a layup being down 21 to a team without its two best players.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The only thing worse than rocket basketball are these rocket uniforms
TexasAggiesWin
S
Good win
awrollins
Mavs been playing some really good ball recently!!!!
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea we look great. Should be 8 in a row if not for that end game mess up against Sacramento. But still 7 of 8 with some great wins.
MW03
AG
Chriss' 10-day is up. Would you rather have WCS or Chriss moving forward?
awrollins
MW03 said:

Absolutely Chriss and the Mavs agree. The problem is that the Mavs want to keep WCS contract to use in later trades as a salary filler. We will see what happens tomorrow.
M.C. Swag
AG
MW03 said:

WCS should have been cut last year. Chriss has been awesome. Absolutely need to keep him.
Zachary Klement
AG
HUGE win last night against the Bulls. Loving what we are seeing from Josh Green and the COVID additions. Nice to finally have a healthy Luka.
Zachary Klement
AG
Re-signed Chriss to another 10-day hardship since Kristaps is still in COVID protocols.
awrollins
Zachary Klement said:

Re-signed Chriss to another 10-day hardship since Kristaps is still in COVID protocols.

Kristaps should come back for the either the Bulls or Grizzlies game, meaning we need to clear a roster spot. This gives us 2-4 days to figure out what we are going to do with Chriss and WCS. I'm interested to see if the Mavs pull of a 2-1 trade in that time period…
Zachary Klement
AG
awrollins said:

Zachary Klement said:

Kristaps should come back for the either the Bulls or Grizzlies game, meaning we need to clear a roster spot. This gives us 2-4 days to figure out what we are going to do with Chriss and WCS. I'm interested to see if the Mavs pull of a 2-1 trade in that time period…
Don't see it happening, but would love that.
BallerStaf2003
AG
MW03 said:

It's been 36 hours or so, and Cuban staring at Dirk is still making me uncomfortable

Get a life.
MW03
AG
I've tried. Repeatedly. Can't seem to figure it out.
MW03
AG

M.C. Swag
AG
MW03 said:

I recently saw him as i was walking to a Mavs game. He had a huge family van retrofitted with a wheel chair ramp.
COAg15
AG
Frustrating loss yesterday. I hate the Knicks.

Cam Reddish got traded there today too... I'm hearing rumors that DeAndre Hunter is on the table. THAT would be an amazing pickup for the Mavs if possible. Although, we don't have many assets available for trade
awinlonghorn
Jalen Brunson is a great asset

Finney Smith and Powell could be GREAT pieces with different roles on the right team. Their role here is asking Doe Doe to score and that's not his consistent skill set

THJ could be a great asset as well for a true championship calliber team.

It's clear that we arent contending this year, but the goal is how do we build a team to content in 2023. Luka would be 24..
dave94
AG
Mavs playing like they want it tonight. LFG
mavsfan4ever
AG
Hell of a game. I may have to eat a little crow on Kidd. I was not happy with that hire but he has us playing great.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Im not ready to say we aren't contending this year. After a rough start and dealing with some injuries, no one in the league is playing better basketball than is the last 10-15 games or so. We've recently beaten the warriors bulls and grizz. We are playing great defense. Offense has been good enough and should improve as luka gets healthier and in better shape and as Brunson keeps starting. And hopefully KP can come back strong at some point and help out. We are finally starting to hit some shots which was a big problem earlier in the year.

It can't be overstated how important Kleber is. We are really good when he's healthy and plays.

I'm not saying we are a top team in the west but there aren't really any super teams this year. If we keep this up, I think we have just about as good of a shot in the west as anyone. It's a craps shoot this year.
MW03
AG
The defensive effort is there every night now. Night and day. Plus always good to catch a good team on the 2nd night of a back to back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.