***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,329 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm on the 4 seed expectation train.

We have 6 games of push (less Houston) and then 7 games of build (Less Bucks, Cavs). We get out of the 6 games at least .500 we should easily avoid the play in. I think they lose 2 or less in those 6.
zgolfz85
AG
I could see us going 9-4 down the stretch
NukeAg10
AG
zgolfz85 said:

And 37/9/9…wild

Insane.
Grapesoda2525
hph6203 said:

I'm on the 4 seed expectation train.

We have 6 games of push (less Houston) and then 7 games of build (Less Bucks, Cavs). We get out of the 6 games at least .500 we should easily avoid the play in. I think they lose 2 or less in those 6.
Yeah we got 2 big tough games off the schedule scratched off as wins. With the back to back coming up, I'd almost think about sitting everyone against Philly and just going all out to beat charlotte. A 3-1 road trip is still really good.
94chem
Are the play-ins hosted by the higher seed? If you're Charlotte, wouldn't you want to finish behind Brooklyn?
94chem
Brunson, Dinwiddie, and Luka out there in the 4th reminded me of those early 2000's Mavs teams that would close with van Exell, Nash, and Dirk.
Grapesoda2525
I'm really enjoying what this team is doing right now, but it would be nice if someone around us would lose. Is everyone in the west playing easy teams right now or what?
Grapesoda2525

Durant owning an obnoxious Nets fan court side.
TheMasterplan
American sports fans need to ****ing chill.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Mavs trying to tell the Cowboys to hold their beer:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33527472/ex-gm-donnie-nelson-sues-dallas-mavericks-says-was-fired-reporting-sexual-misconduct-team-denies-claim
J.P. 03
AG
Obviously we have no idea what the facts are yet, but it's a bold move by Cuban to declare that everything Donnie said is a lie. Didn't he use that exact same line in the midst of all the Carlisle drama last year, only for it all to basically be proven true a short time later?

For his sake, he'd better be right this time.
True Anomaly
AG
Just when we have finally arrived on the national stage with our basketball play….yet another ****ing scandal to set us back again

And I just renewed my season tickets earlier today

Is this the final straw that the league would actually force Cuban to do something drastic?
Ervin Burrell
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Obviously we have no idea what the facts are yet, but it's a bold move by Cuban to declare that everything Donnie said is a lie. Didn't he use that exact same line in the midst of all the Carlisle drama last year, only for it all to basically be proven true a short time later?

For his sake, he'd better be right this time.
Yup.

$52 million is a helluva an amount to offer if you are innocent and just want to make this go away, even for a billionaire. You'd also think that Donnie could easily prove this, if said offer was actually made.

We'll soon see whether Cuban is truly made of Teflon or if midnight has struck on his time as owner.
hph6203
AG
Mark Cuban has shown himself to be nothing less than a man of character, surely these allegations are entirely false.
Legal Custodian
AG
An offer to settle can't be used against someone as an admission of guilt or in a line of questioning/thinking like: "You must be guilty if you offered money to shut me up". That lawyer knows that yet still made that claim in interviews he's been doing. The allegations could be true, but this is all a media game right now until the trial starts.

Donnie is going scorched earth and he's using this scenario as a way of revenge. Whether if the incident occurred or not, Cuban can easily prove that Donnie was fired for not putting together a team that will win championships or any other reason since it is Texas employment law we are dealing with. Donnie and his lawyer know that, so that is why they're going all in on the sexual misconduct angle and painting the Mavs as a horde of sexual harassers. I'm not sure what the end game is though, especially since making this public you have to know that there's no way Cuban is going to settle now. He has to fight this every step of the way to preserve what little respect the Mavs have currently.
PatAg
AG
I'd say its also very likely that Cuban had all that Voulgaris stuff put out in the press to direct the medias attention that way for the firing.
South Platte
Could we use this #0 from St Mary's. He had 30 vs Gonzaga and s completely unguardable. Plays like Monta Ellis.
Grapesoda2525
I thought Donnie was a horrible GM, but this kind of behavior is uncalled for and should be punished at the full extent of the law.
Ol Jock 99
AG
This shouldn't be a distraction to the team. Let Cuban deal with it and keep grinding.
J.P. 03
AG
Quote:

The Dallas Mavericks responded Friday to a wrongful termination suit by Donnie Nelson, accusing the former longtime general manager of a "lengthy scheme to extort as much as $100 million" and saying the lawsuit was preceded by demands that he receive "in effect, a blackmail payment" in exchange for his promise not to expose the sexual orientation of owner Mark Cuban's chief of staff or make other claims to embarrass the team.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33539178/dallas-mavericks-response-lawsuit-accuse-ex-gm-donnie-nelson-scheme-extort-much-100-million

Welp, these proceedings should be nice and cordial.
Legal Custodian
AG
Damn
hph6203
AG
They need to smoke em peace pipe with Papa Don's Grade A Ganj.

Not sure whose character deserves more criticism, Mark for not paying Papa Don what he was owed, or Donnie for being more loyal to Mark than his dad.
Grapesoda2525
I still stand by what I said that they should've punted this game and focused on charlotte. Watch them make a comeback and prove me wrong tho.
MW03
AG
Just one man's opinion who reads these things... Cuban has better lawyers
Grapesoda2525
Flush this turd. Get everyone important out now.
Trucker 96
What a mess. That said, Donnie better have been careful about how he approached the Mavs to have his silence bought, because he actually could have walked himself into a criminal charge. Kind of like the lady that Pitino banged on a restaurant table and paid for her abortion. She ended up doing federal time when she approached Pitino to get a payday for her silence
dave94
AG
Crazy game all around starting with a leaky roof. Helluva big win!!!

Edit: Pat Bev is still a b*tch
zgolfz85
AG
Big win, need another one Friday
Zachary Klement
AG
hph6203
AG
Pretty unlikely that the Mavs won't have the tiebreak against Minnesota and Denver. Denver is locked up, Minnesota has to be 3 games better in conference in the Mavs' 6 (Hou, @Min, Utah, LAL, Por, SAS) and Minn's 5 remaining games (Phx, Dal, @Den, @Hou, SAS).

3rd easiest schedule remaining. By end of Sunday I'm sure it'll be the easiest remaining schedule in the league.
PatAg
AG
dave94 said:

Crazy game all around starting with a leaky roof. Helluva big win!!!

Edit: Pat Bev is still a b*tch
PJ Tucker is still dribbling, and Patrick Beverly is still a biggity *****
awrollins
Dinwiddie, Powell, Reggie, and DFS won us the game tonight. They all showed out
Grapesoda2525
Mavs misplayed the end of the road trip. I was very vocal about punting the 76ers game and going after charlotte. They chose the opposite approach and lost them both.

They really needed to win tonight and they did. As long as they beat Houston on Wednesday, they can afford to split with Minnesota, but it would be nice to get both. This is a big win that definitely helps a lot tho.

The mavericks closest competitors all have brutal schedules this week so the Houston game is extremely important to put pressure on all those teams and at the very least keep pace.
Zachary Klement
AG

Hopefully this is still a gimme
Iowaggie
AG
With 10 games remaining, the Warriors sit at 47 wins, Jazz at 45, and Mavs at 44.

Dallas has 4 remaining against playoff teams.
Warriors play 4 playoff teams
Jazz play 5 playoff teams including both Mavs and Warriors.

Lakers are common opponent for all 3.

(Nuggets at 43 wins a game up on T'wolves and 1.5 behind Mavs)

Edited to update Nuggets record

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.