***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,324 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
HawthornAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoping for the best!
Infection_Ag11
AG
hph6203 said:

That's the team doctor not sure I'm following the added concern about it being at Carrell Clinic. My ex worked as a surgical nurse there and they had Dirk in for ankle problems that he didn't have surgery on.

The interesting part is the boot, but sometimes that's just precautionary.

Boots are an orthopedic surgeon/podiatrists method of "doing something". It's the generic go to for any injury below the knee with nonspecific treatment plans/timetables.

Many people are put in boots for no objective reason whatsoever. It's the Z-pack of lower body surgeons.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Not saying "added concern"; just IDing the building.
PatAg
AG
Looks like some sort of compression thing more than the old school boots
wangus12
AG
Not to terrify anyone, but a player on a soccer team I follow has played 1 game in 4.5 months with what was a supposed grade 1 calf strain. Those things are the worst of niggling little muscle strains
zgolfz85
AG
wangus12 said:

Not to terrify anyone, but a player on a soccer team I follow has played 1 game in 4.5 months with what was a supposed grade 1 calf strain. Those things are the worst of niggling little muscle strains
you just terrified the **** out of me, honestly
EastSideAg2002
Isnt this how KD's Achilles tear happened with the strained calf?
dave94
AG
Flagged for hateful, lol.

Everybody start doing your best good juju things:

NoahAg

Dinwiddie-Brunson time! Let's go!
Let's go, Brandon!
mavsfan4ever
AG
I had a strained calf a few years ago that kept me out of city league for 4-5 months. Luka's recovery time should be about 1% of mine. So I'm thinking he's back by Saturday.

I'm worried that even if he's back, it will still be lingering and may cause him to not play very well. Such a buzz kill.
South Platte
Unreal. Between Tarpley, the 2006 NBA Finals, and this, we're a cursed franchise.
dave94
AG
South Platte said:

Unreal. Between Tarpley, the 2006 NBA Finals, and this, we're a cursed franchise.
Easy, now.

We used to be a sad sack franchise, 2011 changed that as well as the second-coming of an NBA future hall of famer.
hph6203
AG
Could be a Suns fan.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I'm seeing Jazz -350 for the series. Welp, guess that means Vegas doesn't think he's playing.
zgolfz85
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I'm seeing Jazz -350 for the series. Welp, guess that means Vegas doesn't think he's playing.
South Platte
dave94 said:

South Platte said:

Easy, now.

We used to be a sad sack franchise, 2012 changed that as well as the second-coming of an NBA future hall of famer.

How could I forget about the '07 first round? For the love of god, can someone please guard Stephen Jackson and Jason Richardson?
TefIon Don
AG
06 Finals followed by 07 First round changed me.
DannyDuberstein
AG
All depends on the degree, but the immediacy and significance of his reaction looked bad. Different sport, but a calf strain knocked Michael Gallup out for 2 months.

"No timetable" vs "day to day" also seems ominous. Hate to say it, but Vegas seems to know and I don't like what they know
DannyDuberstein
AG
TefIon Don said:

It was sickening, but 2011 purged about 97% of it for me. Sadly, 2011 changed me in regard to the Rangers, and there was no subsequent purging
Grapesoda2525
TefIon Don said:

Golden state was such bull***** Ran into a buzz saw that they should've seen coming. I would've lost some more games on purpose to the Lakers and clippers in the second half of the season. Heck we won 67 games that season. We should've tried to keep golden state out completely or at least avoid matching up with them. We needed to avoid golden state.

Total record 67-15 3 losses to golden state in the regular season and 4 in the post season. 7 losses to golden state alone vs 12 against every other team in the league. What a nightmare.
Proposition Joe
Hard to say we're a snake-bit franchise when this one was more or less self-imposed. Zero reason for our only real hope of doing anything significant in the finals to be playing in the 2nd half of the last game of the season.

It's one of those "well what are the chances that..."

Welp, the chances are greater than zero.
PatAg
AG
This last page of posts is just sad
TefIon Don
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

TefIon Don said:

It was sickening, but 2011 purged about 97% of it for me. Sadly, 2011 changed me in regard to the Rangers, and there was no subsequent purging

2011 did help, but then the Rangers WS happened and I fell back into a pretty deep pit of despair.
TefIon Don
AG
For real. Fckn Don Nelson.
Legal Custodian
AG
I'm sure I shouldn't be looking at injuries this way, but if this were to happen I'd much rather it happen a week before playoffs started than happen the first game on Saturday. Who's to say this wouldn't have happened anyway. It's not like it was contact injury, Luka hurt it in what looked like normal play.
Spaceship
AG
So dang annoying

Yellerjacket
Spaceship said:

So dang annoying

God that hacks me off. No reason for this. Every playoff game should be nationally televised.
I've gone all season watching very few games and was really looking forward to the playoffs and being able to watch my team finally. I guess not.
Ol Jock 99
AG
And so it begins.

awrollins
I would assume if we win he will sit game 2 as well. Losing would make the decision to sit him a lot harder…
fightinags2013
AG
Ticket sold**
Carlo4
AG
Officially ruled out
PatAg
AG
I only see listed as Doubftul
PatAg
AG
We're about to see if Jalen and Dinwiddie can get it done in the playoffs. They carried the team a few times without Luka in regular season. Would be a great time for Maxi to get his shot back
awrollins
If there is ever a series for JB to show he is for real, this is it. The Jazz might be the worse perimeter defending team in the league. On paper, JB should feast. I'm excited to see what happens!
Zachary Klement
AG
How we feelin Ags?

Bojan is going OFF. Need Brunson to be better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.