***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,337 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
Spaceship
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zgolfz85 said:

So we are done now, right?

Not according to this.
zgolfz85
AG
Spaceship said:

zgolfz85 said:

So we are done now, right?

Not according to this.

Interesting
hph6203
AG
Luka is now guaranteed to play for a medal.
COAg15
AG
France is a tough test. Hopefully Luka smokes Gobert/Fournier. Early AM game tomorrow!
BallerStaf2003
AG
COAg15 said:

France is a tough test. Hopefully Luka smokes Gobert/Fournier. Early AM game tomorrow!

Gobert is gonna look like he did against the clippers when Terrance Ross went off. Pick and pop with Tobey for 3's.

Slovenia spreads the floor so well that it will be rough for Gobert to camp in the paint like he's used to.

I'm excited for the game!
fightinags2013
AG
Got up at 5:45am to watch. Man. What a tough loss for Slovenia
M.C. Swag
AG
fightinags2013 said:

Got up at 5:45am to watch. Man. What a tough loss for Slovenia
I really thought Luka was about to win that game on the final possession! Ugh, brutal loss. Those damn technical FTs cost them the game.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Really surprised Luka didn't take that last shot. I think it was the right play bc he had not been able to do much on gobert all game and giving up the ball like he did on the last possession had resulted in easy baskets for Slovenia all game. I still expected him to shoot that though.

Crazy game. Really hope Slovenia can win the bronze bc that would still be a huge win for them.
M.C. Swag
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Really surprised Luka didn't take that last shot. I think it was the right play bc he had not been able to do much on gobert all game and giving up the ball like he did on the last possession had resulted in easy baskets for Slovenia all game. I still expected him to shoot that though.

Crazy game. Really hope Slovenia can win the bronze bc that would still be a huge win for them.
Yea and he was doubled. Would have been incredibly selfish to take a contested step back while being guarded by 2 defenders when you have a guy on the wing with an open lane to the hoop. Passing was the right play. Just didn't work. Incredible play by Batum.
BallerStaf2003
AG
M.C. Swag said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Yea and he was doubled. Would have been incredibly selfish to take a contested step back while being guarded by 2 defenders when you have a guy on the wing with an open lane to the hoop. Passing was the right play. Just didn't work. Incredible play by Batum.

This. Batum hedged on him which gave his man a clear path to the basket. Batum just made a really good place to recover.
PatAg
AG
I think once his teammate came over to set an ineffective screen, which brought Batum into easy double range, Luka made the right choice to pass.

If Batum makes a less incredible defensive play, Slovenia wins.
Saint Pablo
https://instagr.am/p/CSZbqnUojO4
https://instagr.am/p/CSZgVZSAe0C
https://instagr.am/p/CSZkzrSlvKY

Done deal! Luka has signed a 5 year $207 million super-max contract. I love that JKidd, Nico, Dirk, Cuban, and crew went to Slovenia to sign it on Luka's home turf. Really cool gesture and I am sure Luka appreciated it.
HawthornAggie
AG
So....what's next? Do we think there are any more roster moves to be made this off-season?
True Anomaly
AG
Jake on the Ticket said recently that maybe 10% of the entire "41-21-1" spectacle that was done for Dirk's last home game was also done for Luka to show him how much the Mavs appreciate loyalty of a franchise player
Saint Pablo
HawthornAggie said:

So....what's next? Do we think there are any more roster moves to be made this off-season?
I have seen reports we are interested in Lauri Markkanen and obviously the Dragic stuff is still potentially in play. I am happy we aren't trading for him at his price tag, make Toronto buy him out.
Guitarsoup
AG
Saint Pablo said:

HawthornAggie said:

I have seen reports we are interested in Lauri Markkanen and obviously the Dragic stuff is still potentially in play. I am happy we aren't trading for him at his price tag, make Toronto buy him out.
Lots more Lauri to Dallas chatter, but Dallas wants him to fit in the Josh Richardson TPE at 10.8mm, but Lauri insists he is worth way more. Spurs tried to sign him, but he was wanting 17-20mm, so the Spurs went with McDermott at 14. If Mavs could get him at 10, it would be a steal. But I doubt he signs a 3y deal for that. He may take a 1y somewhere just to try again next year.
alvtimes
What the hell is going on with Josh Green????
Guitarsoup
AG
TheMasterplan
HawthornAggie
AG
Markkanen to Cavs per ESPN
Ol Jock 99
AG
HawthornAggie said:

Markkanen to Cavs per ESPN
Edit...oops. Misread Cavs as Mavs
True Anomaly
AG
Saint Pablo said:

HawthornAggie said:

Iowaggie
AG

Guitarsoup
AG
Thomas has to be pushing 60 at this point. Assume Stockton is unavailable because he is busy with his conspiracy theories.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Another piece of the puzzle? Or just a guy?

Saint Pablo
JAG
NoahAg
So what are your favorite memories of the JJ Reddick era?
Ol Jock 99
AG
NoahAg said:

So what are your favorite memories of the JJ Reddick era?

Man. Hard to say. Either that one assist or him being all pissed off at Nola at the press conference. So hard to pick.

Seriously though, they were GUESSING on The Ticket during the playoffs (or right before) when they turned a bit of a positive corner that he may have had something to do with calming the kids down. Who knows.
PatAg
AG
I doubt he had any influence at all.
EastSideAg2002
Ol Jock 99 said:

Another piece of the puzzle? Or just a guy?

Yeah, but why?
M.C. Swag
AG
We're a Jalen Brunson injury away from having Trey Burke or Tyrell Terry as the primary backup G. We desperately need Guard depth.

Plus, he compliments Luka well. Defensive oriented guard with 7'1 wingspan. All he needs to do is play defense and slash to the hoop. If it doesn't work in Dallas, it cost them nothing but a roster spot (which they can open up any time they want).
jeffdjohnson
I wouldn't write off Frank as a JAG quite yet. His defensive metrics (and eye test) look pretty great. But a career 36% FG doesn't lie. The hope is that he was miscast as a PG at NYK when he is really a defensive-oriented (backup) SG. That is only true if he can continue to develop his 3 point shot (48% on a small sample last year). He also just turned 23 so it's possible. Definitely worth a gamble at the minimum.

I'm hoping they can get Dragic before too long. He would help take some of the load off Luka, both as a secondary playmaker and a lead ball-handler when Luka sits. That is still a weakness from last year. The team is still too Luka dependent. I also hope they can use their 11M TPE to get a bigger wing player. It seems like they are still kind of weak on 6'8"-6'10" guys, they just have Maxi. By the end of the year I hope they can get to this:

Luka / Dragic / Brunson
THJ / Brown / Frank
Bullock / DFS / Green
Maxi / Powell / TPE Wing
KP / WCS / Boban

That would give the Mavs quite a few different lineup combinations. If KP can defend the rim the way he did 2 years ago, then it will all work nicely. That is probably the biggest factor. I'm also curious what they do with the back of the roster guys like Moses Brown and Tyrell Terry. I don't see any minutes for them.
dave94
AG

MW03
AG
Makes me laugh a Cuban calling all of it BS, and then the totally bizarre "We have never talked about people on or off the payroll, and we never will" comment.

Goldie Wilson
MW03 said:

Makes me laugh a Cuban calling all of it BS, and then the totally bizarre "We have never talked about people on or off the payroll, and we never will" comment.

That was during the presser to announce the signing of a new coach or GM, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.