***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

162,231 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know if Denver is more favorable of a matchup than Utah. Home court is supposed to be important, although you couldn't tell from last year's series vs. Clippers. Utah seems to be struggling to finish the season and Denver could pass them.

I don't think I could handle watching a series vs. Patrick Beverley so hopefully Minnesota doesn't climb into the 6th spot.
gigem1223
Azz whippin
Ol Jock 99
AG
Will they get 80 in the first half?
hph6203
AG
Let Luka sit.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Carlo4
AG
1 game out of third
Grapesoda2525
Jazz lost tonight too.
MW03
AG
Paul George made it back and proved me wrong on the Utah predictions. So there's one anomaly already. Dallas on that 5-2 track, and now Utah is going to have to steal 1 to get back. Meanwhile, GS plays PHX tomorrow, and Dallas got some rest tonight in the 4th before a classic back-to-back trap game against a Cleveland team that's better than their record.
Grapesoda2525
MW03 said:

Paul George made it back and proved me wrong on the Utah predictions. So there's one anomaly already. Dallas on that 5-2 track, and now Utah is going to have to steal 1 to get back. Meanwhile, GS plays PHX tomorrow, and Dallas got some rest tonight in the 4th before a classic back-to-back trap game against a Cleveland team that's better than their record.
Cleveland is banged up and a lot of players are sitting or doubtful. It almost seems like some teams are looking at the mavs late in the season and saying it's not worth the trouble to try and beat us. Just get rest instead.
M.C. Swag
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

MW03 said:

Cleveland is banged up and a lot of players are sitting or doubtful. It almost seems like some teams are looking at the mavs late in the season and saying it's not worth the trouble to try and beat us. Just get rest instead.
Yep, if Mobley and Allen are out, we should absolutely feast on Clev.
Carlo4
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

MW03 said:

Yep, if Mobley and Allen are out, we should absolutely feast on Clev.

We should be in third place after this.
zgolfz85
AG
we are playing top 5 hoops right now, maybe top 3...just need to roll this into post season
Ol Jock 99
AG
Dinwiddie out tonight.
Ol Jock 99
Ol Jock 99
AG
They needed me to give them that look.
hph6203
AG
Mavs have now clinched the 6 seed.
M.C. Swag
AG
Super relieved to officially avoid the play in.

Luka is insane. Let's go Suns (tonight only)!
dave94
AG
THIRD PLACE DALLAS MAVERICKS
Grapesoda2525
3 seed would be perfect. We would avoid playing one of the LA teams who are rushing their stars back and we would probably avoid the Timberwolves.
M.C. Swag
AG
lol feel like the suns have been beating every team that the Mavs need to lose.
MW03
AG
M.C. Swag
AG
lol damnit. so corny.
MW03
AG
M.C. Swag said:

lol damnit. so corny.
hahaha I didn't have my sound on the first time i watched it
MW03
AG
Not great
Carlo4
AG
Back to back to back technical fouls.
Washington playing like it's their super bowl.
Mavs getting embarrassed tonight
Zachary Klement
AG
Hate these no show games…KCP had the game of his life.
Zachary Klement
AG
Milwaukee was on FIRE from three to start.

I have been super hard on the guy as of late, but this feels like a game where Maxi's defense would help.
zgolfz85
AG
Been a great game
Zachary Klement
AG
Awesome win. Fun one to watch.
Grapesoda2525
Need a golden state loss.
zgolfz85
AG
I feel like utah is a better first round matchup for us over denver...hard to know though. If we get the 3 seed, we have a better shot at getting through 2nd round, but tougher 1st round match (assuming it'd be denver)
Iowaggie
AG
zgolfz85 said:

I feel like utah is a better first round matchup for us over denver...hard to know though. If we get the 3 seed, we have a better shot at getting through 2nd round, but tougher 1st round match (assuming it'd be denver)

Utah now sits at 6.

On 12/29, Dallas sat 16-18 (tied in 8/9 spot with Minnesota), Utah was 25-9 (3rd place, 2 games from 1st).

Would anyone have predicted a Dallas hosting Utah in a 3-6 first round series before yesterday? Maybe a 4/5, but a 3-6 with Utah and not Denver or Minnesota.

Utah has the tie-breaker with Denver and Minnesota. Minnesota has tie-breaker with Denver.
M.C. Swag
AG
No individual player scares me more than Jokic. I know his supporting cast is pretty much the worst amongst the playoff teams, but I truly believe he's on a mission this year and I want no part of that man in the playoffs. Like, imagine heading into a game 7 with Jokic. I feel like he'd avg 35/15/15 against the Mavs.
zgolfz85
AG
Iowaggie said:

zgolfz85 said:

Utah now sits at 6.

On 12/29, Dallas sat 16-18 (tied in 8/9 spot with Minnesota), Utah was 25-9 (3rd place, 2 games from 1st).

Would anyone have predicted a Dallas hosting Utah in a 3-6 first round series before yesterday? Maybe a 4/5, but a 3-6 with Utah and not Denver or Minnesota.

Utah has the tie-breaker with Denver and Minnesota. Minnesota has tie-breaker with Denver.
ah didn't realize they slipped back to 6. if it stays that way, I hope we get the 3 spot
MW03
AG
#3 Golden State
50-29 (1 game lead on Dallas; Dallas has tie breaker)
3 games left (LAL, @SA , @ NO), and probably all wins but who knows. That's a weird team. Recently lost 7 of 8, now won 2 straight, including one over Utah. Helps when Klay shoots 50% from 3.

#4 Dallas
49-30
3 games left (@DET, POR, SA) and probably should win all three with how they are playing. I'm still a little leery of that San Antonio game, though. Both their finale and Golden State's tip at the same time.

#5 Denver
47-32 (2 games back on Dallas; Dallas has the tie breaker)
3 games left (SA, MEM, LAL) all at home. Nobody can catch Memphis for #2, and Memphis can't catch Phoenix. Not sure how much they'll rest down the stretch, but stands to reason they will. Good chance Denver wins all 3 with how Jokic is playing. Dude is averaging 35/16/8 over the last 5 games).

#6 Utah
46-32 (2.5 games back on Dallas; Utah has the tiebreaker if they can take the division over Denver)
4 games to play (MEM, OKC, PHX, @POR), and maybe 2 more losses left with Memphis and Phoenix on the slate. But again who knows what those teams will do with their playoffs secured.

#7 Minnesota
45-34 (can't catch Dallas)
3 games left (WAS, SA, CHI). That Chicago game should be tough, but they could go 3-0 as well.

-------

Prediction:

#3 Dallas 52-30
#4 GS 52-30 (they lose @SA)
#5 Denver 50-32
#6 Utah 49-33
#7 Minnesota 47-35

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.