***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

162,226 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
94chem said:

DFS with 18/10/5

He needs to pick it up on the defensive end. Ayton ain't Gobert. That dude has game from 10-15 feet, and the Mavs are going to need DFS and Kleber both to pick it up.
Peter Klaven
AG
I definitely noticed in that first quarter that it seemed like Jalen was the alpha....Luke definitely wasn't as aggressive the whole game
PatAg
AG
Long break til Monday
Proposition Joe
DANManman said:

LET'S GO!!!
Luka seemed kinda off, though. Hope it's nothing...

Def looked like he wasn't 100%.

I think it probably was a "don't lean on me unless we absolutely need me" type game... and Brunson was good enough that we didn't have to.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He had that neck and shoulder KT tape working OT
South Platte
I can't believe he missed that game winner. I thought for sure we were headed to game 7. He looked pretty comfy on the reset after the shot fake.
Muy
AG
Watching Luka go down the court he looked like he was laboring. Maybe he's just conserving his energy, but it seemed off like "is he breaking down?"
M.C. Swag
AG
Proposition Joe said:

DANManman said:

LET'S GO!!!

I think it probably was a "don't lean on me unless we absolutely need me" type game... and Brunson was good enough that we didn't have to.
He was just gassed. Kidd normally sits Luka the first 3 or 4 min of the 4th quarter but last night he played the entire 4th quarter and logged the most minutes he's played in a game all season. Add in the fact that Salt Lake is 4,400 ft above sea level and the guy wasn't able to condition much while resting his calf and that's what you get.
M.C. Swag
AG
lol He was just exhuasted. His face was lollipop red.
500,000ags
AG
People are giving Quin Snyder the business for a lack of adjustments. Idk, I guess he was supposed to sit his best (or second best) player because of … wait for it … … drumroll … Maxi Kleber. Me thinks Rudy Gobert needs to get some semblance of a back-to-the-basket game or something. His offense is half dunks and half flail around his arms until he gets a foul.
The Shank Ag
500,000ags said:

People are giving Quin Snyder the business for a lack of adjustments. Idk, I guess he was supposed to sit his best (or second best) player because of … wait for it … … drumroll … Maxi Kleber. Me thinks Rudy Gobert needs to get some semblance of a back-to-the-basket game or something. His offense is half dunks and half flail around his arms until he gets a foul.
I mean there are spots for people in the NBA like that. A&M's most impactful NBA player (arguably) has lived off dunks and praying he doesn't go to the free throw line (DJ).
South Platte
How do we get Donovan Mitchell in a Mavs uniform?
HawthornAggie
AG
South Platte said:

Hard pass. The man is a literal turnstyle on the defensive end.
DANManman
AG
I think the Jazz did a good job of attacking the paint, at least in the first half.
Their perimeter players just were not good enough on defense to stop us from getting back into the game with threes.
Jesus saves
The Shank Ag
South Platte said:

Buy him a ticket and put him in the stands?
MW03
AG
Whiteside is 33 and on a 1-year minimum contract. Seems like the right kind of player to come in off the bench and give Dallas 15-20 minutes depending on the matchup.
BigC
AG
The Shank Ag said:

500,000ags said:

I mean there are spots for people in the NBA like that. A&M's most impactful NBA player (arguably) has lived off dunks and praying he doesn't go to the free throw line (DJ).

Chris Middleton says hey.
The Shank Ag
BigC said:

The Shank Ag said:

500,000ags said:

Chris Middleton says hey.
Who? Oh Khris you mean?

And they are comparable

Deandre
14 Seasons
1x time All Star
1x First Team All NBA
1x All Defensive First Team
2x Third Team All NBA
2x Lead Rebound Leader

Khris
10 Seasons
3x All Star
1x NBA Champion

I would say Deandre, as far as his position goes, was considered a top 2-3 player in the league at that position more often than Khris has been at his. Maybe that's a product of there being more great SG/SFs in the league than Cs but it's still a very valid comparison/argument.

hph6203
AG
It is absolutely a function of the league being barren at the center position. That isn't to say Jordan is bad, but rather he's not substantially better than Middleton despite the All-NBA discrepancy.
The Shank Ag
hph6203 said:

It is absolutely a function of the league being barren at the center position. That isn't to say Jordan is bad, but rather he's not substantially better than Middleton despite the All-NBA discrepancy.
Completely agree, I am just saying that the argument can be made that DJ is 1A to Middleton's 1B (or vice versa) on greatest NBA careers for Aggie's ever from an exposure/individual recognition standpoint.

1A/1B DJ/Khris
3. John Beasley
4. Sonny Parker
5. Caruso

Then Danuel House, Donald Sloan, Antione Wright, and Robert Williams can fight it out for the next spot.

Maybe this deserves it's own thread instead of on the Mavs thread
500,000ags
AG
But that Clips team was so inside out, they'd put points up on the other end. And CP3 and DJ during those years would feast on DFS, Kleber, and Luka guarding him.
PatAg
AG
500,000ags said:

But that Clips team was so inside out, they'd put points up on the other end. And CP3 and DJ during those years would feast on DFS, Kleber, and Luka guarding him.
Would they for sure? I dunno about that

Im also not even sure DFS is going to be the primary defender on Paul
cupofjoe04
AG
MW03 said:

Whiteside is 33 and on a 1-year minimum contract. Seems like the right kind of player to come in off the bench and give Dallas 15-20 minutes depending on the matchup.

I have thought this same thing. Whiteside could be a big presence we need down low.
500,000ags
AG
I'm not saying those 3 guarding CP3. I'm saying if those three were guarding DJ, like we were doing Gobert. CP3 and DJ would have exploited that much better.
Proposition Joe
M.C. Swag said:

Proposition Joe said:

DANManman said:

LET'S GO!!!

He was just gassed. Kidd normally sits Luka the first 3 or 4 min of the 4th quarter but last night he played the entire 4th quarter and logged the most minutes he's played in a game all season. Add in the fact that Salt Lake is 4,400 ft above sea level and the guy wasn't able to condition much while resting his calf and that's what you get.

Luka looked that from the start of the game.

He may very well have been completely gassed... But that's also not a great sign for his 3rd game back with 3 rounds left in the playoffs.
Proposition Joe
South Platte said:

Obviously Mitchell the best player on that team, and we really wouldn't have a spot for him... But Clarkson was the player on the Jazz that impressed me most.

And man seeing Mike Conley looking old af out there makes me feel really old. Still remember his play from Acie's big year.
M.C. Swag
AG
Proposition Joe said:

M.C. Swag said:

Proposition Joe said:

DANManman said:

LET'S GO!!!

He may very well have been completely gassed... But that's also not a great sign for his 3rd game back with 3 rounds left in the playoffs.
Like i mentioned in previous post, it was the most minutes he's played in a single game all year and at mountain elevation. If nothing else, Phoenix being 1k ft elevation will help and his condition should continue to improve now that he's back from the calf rehab.
PatAg
AG
Proposition Joe said:

M.C. Swag said:

Proposition Joe said:

DANManman said:

LET'S GO!!!

Also very likely he wasnt fully recovered from the calf strain, which should really benefit from the 3 day weekend
gomerschlep
AG
Is it Monday yet?
awrollins
I have a good feeling about tomorrow for some reason. I don't know why, but I'm feeling a Luka masterpiece....
CoppellAg93
AG
ESPN analysts gave their predictions for this series - all 20 of them picked the Suns to win.

I understand the Suns are the 1 seed for a reason - but I haven't followed much this season - are they considered that much better than the Mavs ?

I did see that Phoenix finished 12 games better than Dallas in the regular season and finished 3-0 in the season series, but all 3 games were before February and KP was still on the team.

Maybe I'm just a hopeful homer, but I figure this series could go either way.

Thoughts anyone ?
EastSideAg2002
CoppellAg93 said:

ESPN analysts gave their predictions for this series - all 20 of them picked the Suns to win.

I understand the Suns are the 1 seed for a reason - but I haven't followed much this season - are they considered that much better than the Mavs ?

I did see that Phoenix finished 12 games better than Dallas in the regular season and finished 3-0 in the season series, but all 3 games were before February and KP was still on the team.

Thoughts anyone ?
PNX has owned Dallas for the last few years does not help. Dallas had not won in Utah forever until the playoffs so I guess we will see.
Legal Custodian
AG
They definitely didn't look like world beaters in their series with the Pels. My heart says Mavs in 6, but my head says Suns in 6. Hopefully this rest we got gets everyone back to +90%.
Phat32
AG
Suns will win, but I hope we make it interesting and Luka learns a bunch.
PatAg
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

Thoughts anyone ?
No national pundit watches every team enough to form an opinion, and they especially don't watch the Mavericks

As you stated, we havent played them since the trade either, and it's unknown what Booker's health status truly is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.