***Official 2021-2022 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

175,440 Views | 2235 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M.C. Swag
True Anomaly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

MW03 said:

Makes me laugh a Cuban calling all of it BS, and then the totally bizarre "We have never talked about people on or off the payroll, and we never will" comment.

That was during the presser to announce the signing of a new coach or GM, right?
Yep

Maybe now Cuban will "change his policy" now that Bob is gone
awrollins

Thoughts?
dave94
AG
I'd heard yesterday that Kidd said KP would be playing power forward, not center.
94chem
awrollins said:

Thoughts?

Powell and Boban have been under-utilized. I'm just a dude with a keyboard, and Carlisle is a HoF coach, so it's hard to criticize him. But last year's team just wasn't great at shooting the 3, could have run more P&R on offense, and could have done a better job extending the D and forcing drives into our size. Really want to see DP on the offensive glass as well.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea I think Powell is the perfect compliment to KP. Powell recovering from injury hindered that combo early last year. Expecting big things from both this year.

Would also like to see KP at the 5 some with a 4 who can spread the floor and shoot.
MW03
AG
So long as Kidd uses KP as more than a 3 point decoy, I'll be happy.
M.C. Swag
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Yea I think Powell is the perfect compliment to KP. Powell recovering from injury hindered that combo early last year. Expecting big things from both this year.

Would also like to see KP at the 5 some with a 4 who can spread the floor and shoot.
The problem is that as a duo, they are disastrous on the defensive end. Any team with a competent Center is going to feast.
PatAg
AG
MW03 said:

So long as Kidd uses KP as more than a 3 point decoy, I'll be happy.
Thats gonna depend on if he is recovered
True Anomaly
AG
Saw a leaked Mavs City Edition jersey for this season. This looks like it'll be the best one we've had

MW03
AG
looks like Hehe Streams finally got nuked
TDub
AG
Crackstreams or Sportsurge
Goldie Wilson
I've heard sportsurge is good for NFL red zone. Might also work for NBA
True Anomaly
AG
It may be preseason, and the Jazz rolled out a true D-list team, but it was still fascinating to watch Kidd's very first game. There was a real sw**** vibe among the team that hasn't been there in years- almost like the controlling authoritarian is finally gone and "vibes are immaculate"

And Luka's court vision is truly starting to reach elite levels

(edit- "Swaggy")
Scotty Flamingo
KP is gonna be a different man this season boys
awrollins
Luka scored 4 points and the mavs are up 31. Lol
MW03
AG
Epic beating, even for a preseason game. Just glad I got to watch one. Loved everything I saw out of the first part when the ones were going. Especially the amount of Luka/Zingo pick and roll.
Carlo4
AG
We just beat the defending champs playing a dress rehearsal with our B team last night. Rested Luka, THJ, and KP.
awrollins
Looking forward to the season! Been using hehestreams for the past two years and it was definitely worth the money. Unfortunately, I believe they got shut down, so does anybody have any ways similar to hehestreams to watch the games this year?
fightinags2013
AG
Gameday
MW03
AG
Find the podcast from October 20th titled "Bob's World: Work Arounds to Watch Local Sports (hypothetically)" here and it will put you on the right track

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/playlists/podcast/embed?style=cover
Saint Pablo
The players we have around Luka are not good.
LawHall88
AG
Saint Pablo
It really feels like we are intentionally forcing Luka to be less involved which seems effing stupid.
awrollins
Dwight Powell still does absolutely nothing well and somehow manages to play. Like what does he do better than Moses Brown?
LawHall88
AG
NukeAg10
AG
Im not able to watch, but the box score is ugly.
mavsfan4ever
AG
awrollins said:

Dwight Powell still does absolutely nothing well and somehow manages to play. Like what does he do better than Moses Brown?

Yea he's physically overmatched on both ends and can't shoot. Not a good look.
M.C. Swag
AG
I will never be a Jason Kidd apologist (professionally or personally), but the Hawks are ****ing good. It was opening night on their court, and they couldn't miss. Let's see if this is a worrisome trend or just an unfortunate off night that happens a dozen times over the course of any season.
Old School Brother
AG
I was only able to watch part of the 2Q and most of the 3Q, but it obviously didn't look good. Most worrisome was the horrible shot selection. There was no flow at all. I noticed several times that Luka got into the lane, inside of 10 feet, and instead of going up with a floater or something from there, he would stop, pivot awkwardly and pass out for a contested 3. It happened enough times in the short time I was watching that it seemed intentional that he was not taking those shots.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea the worrisome part to me was the shot selection as well. And to make it even worse, after the game Kidd said they got great looks and they just didn't fall. The analytical numbers don't back that up at all. So hopefully that was just optimistic coach speak and not what he truly believes.

Plus, we were posting up Dorian a couple of times...yikes.

I was fine with our defense for the most part.
Saint Pablo
18 point first quarter. Sick.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Luka didn't get a triple double. Weak sauce.
Saint Pablo
Ol Jock 99 said:

Luka didn't get a triple double. Weak sauce.
need that for my fantasy team!
awrollins
M.C. remember how excited we were Saddiq Bey fell to us two years ago at 18? And then again when we were one pick away from Bane at 31? What a disaster that draft is turning out to be.

M.C. Swag

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.