Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

185,105 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
Mose Schrute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why not? Cagle lost and they have majority without judges seat.

If she's removed through indictment they can appoint a more competent Dem. But that would be the right thing to do…. So they won't
schmellba99
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Those of you who are still expecting an indictment are going to be disappointed.
Yep, it will magically just fade away and things will go back to the status quo

Like clockwork.
YellAg2004
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Those of you who are still expecting an indictment are going to be disappointed.
This. At the end of the day, Ogg is a democrat, and with CC now being a 4-1 D majority, they have the green light to do whatever they want, including jacking up taxes. Ogg's threat really only worked when CC was split 3-2 as Lina being removed would force the Rs & Ds to find a candidate they could mutually agree on. Now removal of Lina will just get another D on the CC that will fall in lockstep with the same plans/policies.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Ogg is now told by the D machine to get back in line.
aTm2004
AG
Maybe it's not over?

MAROON
AG
Those are all Dems they pulled off the street and out of bars to get to the polls because Lina was losing. Republicans don't show up an hour after the polls are closed demanding to be able to vote
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
jrrhouston98
AG
They've already lost all of the rep ballots.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
YellAg2004 said:

It also wouldn't surprise me if Ogg is now told by the D machine to get back in line.
If Rodney could do that, it would've happened by now. She's pretty independent, as far as that party goes, and came into politics with a lot more local name id & reputation than most politicians.

Now, I do believe she'll get primaried by a hardcore prog w/ Rodney and Lina's full backing if she seeks reelection. Soros' PAC gave big money to OGG in her first campaign without getting what they expected, so I'm sure they'll back someone further left next time.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

without getting what they expected,

What did he not get? We've got criminals running wild and laws mean nothing. Soros faps to this.
HtownAg92
AG
Soros is playing the long con.

Anecdotal personal example -- I had a case in Starkville against a fairly mediocre attorney whose daddy was a fairly successful tort lawyer. During our case, he began his campaign for DA against a long-time incumbent with virtually no chance of winning. He became one of Soros' choices and Soros flooded his campaign coffers and pushed him to the improbable victory. This was 2015.

A few weeks ago this mediocre Soros attorney was nominated as a US District Judge for Northern District of Mississippi.

That's how Soros eventually gets what he wants.

YellAg2004
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

without getting what they expected,

What did he not get? We've got criminals running wild and laws mean nothing. Soros faps to this.
I'll admit I haven't dug deep into this, but I feel like most articles I see posted here, the prosecutors from Ogg's office are generally asking for higher dollar bail amounts only to have the D judges set bail at ridiculously low amounts.

I suspect Ogg was on-board with bail reform in the honest sense of the term - low-level misdemeanors - but multi-time felons would be treated accordingly. Instead, under the guise of "systemic racism", even murder suspects are getting stupidly low bail amounts, even when Ogg's office asks for higher.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Anecdotal personal example -- I had a case in Starkville against a fairly mediocre attorney whose daddy was a fairly successful tort lawyer. During our case, he began his campaign for DA against a long-time incumbent with virtually no chance of winning. He became one of Soros' choices and Soros flooded his campaign coffers and pushed him to the improbable victory. This was 2015.

A few weeks ago this mediocre Soros attorney was nominated as a US District Judge for Northern District of Tennessee.

It's absolutely amazing to me that dude is still breathing.
CDUB98
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

HtownAg92 said:

A few weeks ago this mediocre Soros attorney was nominated as a US District Judge for Northern District of Tennessee.

It's absolutely amazing to me that dude is still breathing.

From what some say, it won't matter when he does as his kids are even worse. We can only hope they get some just deserves in the afterlife.
maroon barchetta
Why is this bumped on my watchlist?
Al Bula
AG
Another Dora post has entered the transfer portal.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Can someone please explain to me the conservative obsession with George Soros?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Probably the money he pumps into politics. Especially district attorneys to **** up local government and make the world less safe.

It's not real ****ing hard to figure out, and I think you're smart enough to know when you're being deliberately obtuse.

ChemAg15
AG
He's a billionaire that uses his fortune to encourage crime waves across America by supporting weak on crime candidates. He also bankrolls domestic terrorist organizations like antifa. Anytime you're wondering how the hell do these people afford to riot and protest like it's their full time job, that's soros and his ilk.
txags92
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Single largest donor to far left democratic politicians by a wide margin. His focus on Secretary of State positions and district attorney positions in large metro areas has been a huge reason for the concerns about election security and bail reform driven crime waves.
Ryan the Temp
AG
txags92 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Single largest donor to far left democratic politicians by a wide margin. His focus on Secretary of State positions and district attorney positions in large metro areas has been a huge reason for the concerns about election security and bail reform driven crime waves.
Thanks for the non-hyperbolic explanation.

When I Googled it there were basically two sides, neither of which seemed entirely reasonable. Side A: "He wants to destroy government and promote lawlessness!" and Side B: "People attacking Soros are anti-Semites!"
txags92
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

txags92 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Thanks for the non-hyperbolic explanation.

When I Googled it there were basically two sides, neither of which seemed entirely reasonable. Side A: "He wants to destroy government and promote lawlessness!" and Side B: "People attacking Soros are anti-Semites!"
Well to be fair to side A, he makes a big part of his money through currency arbitrage, in which instability is a big factor driving larger value swings. His support has been geared heavily towards candidates that are anti-capitalism and pro-bond reform. So, for people that are pro-capitalism and believe in law an order policing and justice systems, he does kind of want to destroy the government and is promoting things that are leading to higher crime. The "anti-semite" claims are pretty ridiculous on their face. I don't know of anybody who thinks badly of Soros because he is Jewish. I think badly of him because he has talked openly about not feeling guilty for taking part in the cataloguing of Jewish property for the Nazis in Hungary. Yes, he was young and had no ability to fight what he was asked to do while hiding in plain sight, disguised as a christian. But to later in life express not feeling guilt over what he was doing because "he was just a spectator" doesn't sit right with me.

I don't like Soros as a person, and I don't like his outsized influence on our political systems and elections from top to bottom. But if I had his money and were in his position, I would be using my money to try to make the system the way I wanted to see it too. I believe his interests are somewhat cynical and as a currency speculator, his interests are at times pretty divorced from what is "good for the country", but I think the demonization of both him and the people who dislike him is a bit over the top from a lot of directions
Ryan the Temp
TarponChaser
I agree with you on the lack of remorse in aiding the Nazis is a huge issue. IIRC, he was also alleged to have ratted out fellow Jews hiding as Christians to the Nazis but I don't know if that's been proven.

Beyond that, the policies he openly supports and causes/candidates he donates heavily to are objectively bad for this country and largely antithetical to our ideals. And his wealth completely insulates him from the consequences of those policies.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

And his wealth completely insulates him from the consequences of those policies.
That's the #1 problem with our current political system, regardless of ideology.
txags92
AG
TarponChaser said:

I agree with you on the lack of remorse in aiding the Nazis is a huge issue. IIRC, he was also alleged to have ratted out fellow Jews hiding as Christians to the Nazis but I don't know if that's been proven.

Beyond that, the policies he openly supports and causes/candidates he donates heavily to are objectively bad for this country and largely antithetical to our ideals. And his wealth completely insulates him from the consequences of those policies.
From what I have read about it, he and other Hungarian kids were used by the Nazis or the government officials cooperating with them as couriers to deliver messages. Many of these were summonses to be delivered to Jewish families ordering them to come to a government office. He claims he showed the messages to his father and his father would tell him which ones were likely to be taken away to be killed, and he would warn the families not to appear when delivering the message. I have never seen any corroboration of that claim and it is pretty much just his word against anybody else's. The people he may have delivered the messages to that he didn't warn are likely to have all been killed by the Nazis, so there is nobody to counter his claims.

The story on him cataloguing Jewish property is that he was sent to live with another family and had papers fabricated to allow him to pass as a Christian. The "godfather" he was living with was tasked with cataloguing the estates for Jews who fled or otherwise disappeared, and George apparently participated in that effort for at least one estate. When later asked if he felt any guilt for having helped the Nazis, he said something to the effect of "no, why would I? I was just a spectator".
Ciboag96
Jesus jumping Christ. Idiot with the woke word salad.

maroon barchetta
Maybe she can remind him not to call out for dead representatives in a press conference.
swimmerbabe11
I know this is super petty but she looks like she's going there to sing from the high school select choir. You couldn't find anything better to wear than that?
T Durden
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I know this is super petty but she looks like she's going there to sing from the high school select choir. You couldn't find anything better to wear than that?

She missed out on that $$ from the scam she was trying to run on covid outreach marketing...
Al Bula
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Jesus jumping Christ. Idiot with the woke word salad.

when she's not hobnobbing with the wealthy elite trying to sell a story about how she's all about bringing leftist talking points and other various progressive mumbo jumbo to the unrelated duties of her county administration position, she can be found lying about her fake law enforcement initiatives.

TX04Aggie
AG
Im so pissed we have to deal with this stupid person again by only 17k votes…. Thanks for repping Harris County with the French and Hollywood Commies. Can we open an investigation on the use of funds to do this? How does this benefit Harris County? Kim Ogg better drop the damn hammer in this idiot.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Im so pissed we have to deal with this stupid person again by only 17k votes…. Thanks for repping Harris County with the French and Hollywood Commies. Can we open an investigation on the use of funds to do this? How does this benefit Harris County? Kim Ogg better drop the damn hammer in this idiot.
Ogg is on the ballot in '24. She isn't doing anything.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Alex Mealer isn't giving up the good fight.
jetch17
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Clp-D-_Anex
CDUB98
AG
Commie *******s.
rilloaggie
AG
I bet they trot her out for dem governor candidate now that Beto lost another election.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.