Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,334 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by aTm2004
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
They must have ton of evidence if they have been investigating for 14 months.

Click 2

For what it's worth, there is a rumor going around the various Harris County public service agencies that she may not run for re-election. It seems that people in her circle have not been happy about her COVID decisions, the funeral, and the election official fiasco. And they are talking.

Edit: Not necessarily her personal inner circle. People that work or have worked in or with her office.

I changed the part about fulfilling her term. Rumor is that she may not continue to run for re-election.
aTm2004
AG
I'll believe it when I see it, but God I hope it's true.
Jock 07
AG
Who would appoint a replacement? The state?
Sea Speed
AG
Stupe
S
As I said...rumors. From professions that will run with any rumor they hear and say it's truth.
aTm2004
AG
Democrat politician?
themissinglink
AG
National progressives see her as a rising star. With the current polling being favorable for Republicans, I think the best option is that she either loses in November or is indicted. Her stepping aside to "focus on other endeavors" would be bad news and allow her to save face. She needs to go out in disgrace or you will see her fall upwards.
Diggity
AG
Sounds like a load of ****
Stupe
S
Not running again? I agree. I think that the only way that happens if she is under indictment.
Diggity
AG
all of it honestly, she's a hero on the national democratic stage for standing up "that bully" Abbott and the funeral story had no legs.

maroon barchetta
Diggity said:

all of it honestly, she's a hero on the national democratic stage for standing up the "that bully" Abbott and the funeral story had no legs.

Ouch.
Stupe
S
She is not considered a hero by a lot of people that helped get her elected. Not anymore.

That is not a rumor.
TarponChaser
Diggity said:

all of it honestly, she's a hero on the national democratic stage for standing up the "that bully" Abbott and the funeral story had no legs.

It only had "no legs" because the media buried it. You can be sure it will be replayed over and over again as the campaign heats up.
Diggity
AG
you guys seem to like to argue your personal preferences vs. reality. Similar to the Steve Job's "reality distortion field"

have at it.
Diggity
AG
Here's Texas Monthly attempting to explain away the text messages

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/lina-hidalgo-aides-vaccine-outreach-contract/
Sea Speed
AG
Ole Dora, just a good ole fashioned policy wonk:

Quote:

the communications referenced in the affidavit concerned earlier plans for a separate project to analyze and distill COVID data and provide concise, regular reports to Hidalgo, a noted policy wonk
Sea Speed
AG
More BS considering we were at severe until a few weeks ago :
Quote:

The criminal investigation focuses on communications in the first few weeks of 2021, a time when the coronavirus pandemic dominated the daily lives of Hidalgo and her senior staff. Case levels and hospitalizations were creeping upward, and the county's threat level was at the highest category: severe, meaning the county government advised residents to "stay home" and "work safe."
Diggity
AG
That quote stuck out for me as well
Stupe
S
Her loss of support from previous people that actively campaigned for her IS a reality.
TarponChaser
Sea Speed said:

Ole Dora, just a good ole fashioned policy wonk:

Quote:

the communications referenced in the affidavit concerned earlier plans for a separate project to analyze and distill COVID data and provide concise, regular reports to Hidalgo, a noted policy wonk

The utter inanity of that statement just blows my mind. She's not once shown anything other than woke tropes she evidently just learned by rote.
maroon barchetta
Let's see what's in the news today…

Ruh roh, Lina.

https://abc13.com/elevate-contract-harris-county-controversial-covid-outreach-strategies/11721220/
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
This is an interesting turn.

The Google subpoena was dated the same as several others that were previously released to the public. Looks like they're running a strategy that gives the targets of the investigation a whole lot of rope with no idea what it might be tied to.
Sea Speed
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Ruh roh, Lina.

https://abc13.com/elevate-contract-harris-county-controversial-covid-outreach-strategies/11721220/

Damn. If I made simple mistakes like this daily id be canned. If you cant pay attention to detail enough that you're sending the wrong attachment daily, what bigger stuff are you screwing up regularly?

Quote:

She was sent a scope of work. That was the incorrect document. It was simply human error," Harrison said. "I (sometimes send) the wrong attachment (to people). I probably do that once a day.
txags92
AG
Sea Speed said:

maroon barchetta said:

Ruh roh, Lina.

Damn. If I made simple mistakes like this daily id be canned. If you cant pay attention to detail enough that you're sending the wrong attachment daily, what bigger stuff are you screwing up regularly.

Quote:

She was sent a scope of work. That was the incorrect document. It was simply human error," Harrison said. "I (sometimes send) the wrong attachment (to people). I probably do that once a day.

Incompetence is considered a feature, not a bug by democrat politicians.
Sea Speed
AG
Its also pretty wild that they are basically hinging their entire defense on accidentally sending the wrong attachment. Seems like a bold move. Also coming out and saying you do it daily sure seems like a way to get the DA to look through your other emails to see how often you send the wrong attachment. Oh, you don't do it daily or even weekly? Probably wasn't an accident to begin with in that case. Dumbass shouldn't talk to press or the cops, but good for us that he did.
Cromagnum
AG
Sea Speed said:

maroon barchetta said:

Ruh roh, Lina.

Damn. If I made simple mistakes like this daily id be canned. If you cant pay attention to detail enough that you're sending the wrong attachment daily, what bigger stuff are you screwing up regularly?

Quote:

Bold strategy cotton...
DustysLineup
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Ruh roh, Lina.

That's pretty stunning that the campaign spokesperson is going on at such length about details of a county contracting process with which she should have nothing whatsoever to do, and what "we," i.e. Harris County, will be going forward.
Nitro Power
AG
Is anyone wondering who Dora pissed off so bad in the Dem party, that they didn't nip this in the bud already. We all say it's different with Democrats, and it is...unless you cross them. Wonder if they see how incompetent she is and are trying to squash further political aspirations.
Build It
AG
The Google docs records will show if they collaborated on editing the doc. Certainly acting like they didn't.
Sea Speed
AG
She has zero charisma and they probably thought she could be a Texas version of AOC but she is just socially awkward and a pushover whereas AOC is the type that thinks if she is talking loudest that her point is the correct one. Or maybe ogg is legitimately pissed off at getting the cold shoulder so she called in a few favors.
Nitro Power
AG
Seems plausible. Dora always seems like she is about to cry every time she speaks. Ogg on the other hand...seems to be letting (or helping) crime skyrocket, so I was surprised that it came to this. Maybe Ogg is facing some heat over rising crime and is throwing out the proverbial sacrificial lamb?
txags92
AG
Sea Speed said:

She has zero charisma and they probably thought she could be a Texas version of AOC but she is just socially awkward and a pushover whereas AOC is the type that thinks if she is talking loudest that her point is the correct one. Or maybe ogg is legitimately pissed off at getting the cold shoulder so she called in a few favors.
Lina was not one of the "club" of local democrat politicians in line for the higher offices. Sure, she was in the group and was an up and comer, but she was run against Emmett as an afterthought with no realistic hope of actually winning. The whole Beto voter enthusiasm, combined with republican apathy and Emmett not bothering to run a campaign was a perfect storm to let her get elected. Now that she is showing up on the national stage, I am sure there are some local dems who thought it was their turn next and that she was a threat to their advancement. So they are going to take her down as an example for anybody else who seeks to jump the line to the gravy train. That is how democrat machine politics works...very much like union seniority.
Build It
AG
Some of that is true but Emmett ignoring the will of the voters on the Dome cost him enough votes to lose.
Nitro Power
AG
This actually sounds very very realistic. With it already gaining steam, and not seemingly going away, I think it's safe to say she is toast. At this point, I think she has to figure out how to minimize the fallout. If she lost the Dem party, then she has no support. Depending on the corruption, I don't think it's too far out of bounds to say she could actually go to jail, with the way this is trending. Would be glorious. The stupidity I can live with because the voters put her in there. It's the self righteous condescension that causes me to despise her so.
Build It
AG
The only way she goes to jail is if she took a bag of cash or had the expectation of receiving a fat bag of cash. She's not going to jail for violating county procurement rules to push work to friends. If so every politician in the State is suspect.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.