Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,741 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd imagine me having experience in executing legit, non corrupt rfp's and contracts automatically eliminates me as well….
txags92
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Ike Dike or Tunnels

That's where we are at.
The tunnels they are considering are for Buffalo Bayou west of Houston, not for protecting Galveston Bay infrastructure from storm surge (Ike Dike). The original tunnel they looked at was one huge tunnel going all the way from the Addicks and Barker reservoirs down past downtown and emptying into the Ship Channel. The new tunnels they are looking at would be smaller, shorter, and would mainly be used to bypass choke points along the bayou that would otherwise require channelizing the whole length of the bayou between the reservoirs and downtown to overcome.

The Corps started their project with the idea of just doing to Buffalo Bayou what they have done to every other bayou in Houston and planned to channelize it at about 230' wide with sloped sides and a masonry block stabilized bottom. Their working concept was that they were protecting their dams. Because they failed to buy enough land behind their dams and didn't prevent people from building subdivisions within the flood pool extent behind the dams, they wanted to be able to do the maximum discharge from the dams to prevent flooding the homes behind the dams while also not flooding the homes downstream with their discharged water. So they were going to throw all of that water at downtown (where their project area ended) in order to protect homes built within the flood pool of the reservoir. The reservoirs were originally built to contain water and to prevent flooding downtown, but the Corps was planning to turn that idea on its head.

They got a huge response in public comments from people against channelizing the bayou through all of Terry Hershey Park and all of Memorial Park. So they have gone back to the drawing board and are reconsidering things they had throw out, like larger scale home buyouts, smaller scale tunnels, and other alternatives than simply channelizing the Bayou. Hopefully we can keep the pressure on and make them come up with a solution that doesn't destroy a bunch of amazing wildlife habitat.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Interesting how much of that job posting is focused on messaging and communications.

Sell sell sell! Coffee is for closers.
Ciboag96
Harry Lime said:

Interesting how much of that job posting is focused on messaging and communications.

Sell sell sell! Coffee is for closers.

"You must be willing to fall on your on sword for La Comandante's political career."
Texan_Aggie
AG
Salary "Depends upon qualifications". Pretty standard language, but gave me a chuckle in this context.
aTm2004
AG
Is this accurate? Thailand?

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yes, Lina said that she was back from Columbia and a "pre-planned" vacation in Thailand.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/harris-county-judge-lina-hidalgo-public-comment-tornadoes-damage/285-81c792d7-acd3-4c75-9e6f-4ced5b43e696
Beerosch
AG
What a joke. She looks petrified when confronted.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Microwave Onions said:

"pre-planned" vacation in Thailand.
she's now Lenny Hidalgo.
Buying_time
AG
Gotta tighten up cartel connections with changing of the guard.
Sea Speed
AG
To absolutely no one's surprise she has a female POC with a questionable sexual preference as a body guard.
TarponChaser
Sea Speed said:

To absolutely no one's surprise she has a female POC with a questionable sexual preference as a body guard.

Why the fck does she even have a bodyguard?
Irish 2.0
TarponChaser said:

Sea Speed said:

Why the fck does she even have a bodyguard?
Because she can and the ***** loves to blow our money for no apparent reason.
Texan_Aggie
AG
To be fair, someone harassing you at breakfast is a pretty good argument for having security.
RC_57
AG
IMHO somewhat of a loose application of the word "harassing".
agproducer
AG

Sea Speed
AG
She is just hoping and praying someone rescues her by asking a different question
T Durden
AG
She's just laughing at him and nobody else checks her!

I think I'm ready to be out of Harris County.
maroon barchetta
They really don't want any election documents made public.

https://abc13.com/harris-county-midterm-elections-documents-lawsuit-texas-attorney-general-sued-abc13-voting/13119115/
maroon barchetta
Quote:

Five months ago, ABC13 asked for midterm planning documents and communication between county leaders. The county asked the Texas attorney general to decline our request citing lawsuits the county faced during the election.

Last month, the attorney general ruled against the county. This means the county had 30 days to release records or file a lawsuit.

Wednesday was the deadline. ABC13 learned the county filed a lawsuit against the attorney general.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Typical local gov't. They send almost every TPIA request to the AG.

I filed a TPIA request with COH Public Works and the AG told them they had to release the records to me. 18 months later they still won't give them to me. They want to force me to spend the money on a lawsuit.
Stat Monitor Repairman

We about 4-years from all out Hunger games up in this *****.

Outstanding work.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I don't understand what's going on there - it looks like Lina is just trying to take credit for the concert decorations in hopes of meeting her.
maroon barchetta
I volunteer SheJack as tribute.
Al Bula
AG
Taylor, you money grubbing skank, don't heed the words of a lazy eyed colombian groomed by Dimtards.

Jack Klompus
AG
In other news, David Berry, Harris County Administrator, resigned today.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Jack Klompus said:

In other news, David Berry, Harris County Administrator, resigned today.
*updates resume*

j/k. screw that.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Given the absolute bleeding county departments are experiencing I'm not surprised.

The D
AG
If she worked at a legit company, she would probably be the floor assistant that books birthday month breakfasts for everyone and you avoid walking by their cube. I'm not even sure this ***** could do that
K Bo
AG
CoUNTy Executive? What a dork.
Cromagnum
AG
I guess she thinks she is a Corleone now...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vogue.com/article/judge-lina-hidalgo-profile/amp

TarponChaser
Cromagnum said:

I guess she thinks she is a Corleone now...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vogue.com/article/judge-lina-hidalgo-profile/amp

Hey Vogue,
Diggity
AG
Jesus. Got through about two paragraphs of that drivel and had to stop.
Sea Speed
AG
I didn't think I could dislike her any more, but then I learned she is a vegan.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The D said:

If she worked at a legit company, she would probably be the floor assistant that books birthday month breakfasts for everyone and you avoid walking by their cube. I'm not even sure this ***** could do that
Once upon a time, maybe. Today? Someone like her can go get a VP spot at a Fortune 500 telling the execs which parades they need to sponsor if they want to keep her happy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.