Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,733 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WatchOle said:

maroon barchetta said:

Staff, there were many posts about Dora that didn't violate any forum posting standards but they vanished.
What many posts are you talking about maroon? I found only the ones I noted above. I look forward to comparing with your list.

The ones that were restored that say "Edited by Staff" in red at the bottom that don't have any forum posting violations in them.

And any others that didn't get restored that i of course can't compare to your list since I wouldn't be able to see them.

Go ahead and post login info so we can see the pulled posts library.
CDUB98
AG
aTm2004 said:

Quote:

All other posts removed were about moderation of the thread. Now, do you all want to talk about Hildago corruption or your poop fetishes? I'm all for the former, but the latter needs to go elsewhere.
So, can we get a fetish board?

R.I.P. old General Board.
CDUB98
AG
WatchOle said:

maroon barchetta said:

Staff, there were many posts about Dora that didn't violate any forum posting standards but they vanished.
What many posts are you talking about maroon? I found only the ones I noted above. I look forward to comparing with your list.

maroon barchetta
Sea Speed
AG
Of course there were poop posts deleted and us locals threw such a ****fit that the owner had to come in and tell us to calm down. I love it.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
I'll go back and take a look at the posts that were reinstated.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
maroon barchetta
Al Bula
Nitro Power
AG
The Tine board has finally made it to the big time boys. We got Brandon to post on a thread about Dora.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
swimmerbabe11
Marauder Blue 6 said:

WatchOle said:

RK said:

Who does this guy think he is??
The guy NOT into poop.
Every time I see your name, I see "Watch hole". It's a contradiction.

That may say more about you than it does him.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Quote:

The ones that were restored that say "Edited by Staff" in red at the bottom that don't have any forum posting violations in them.
Okay, I went back through the thread and reviewed every mod edit to the best of my ability. I stand by what I said previously: Every post moderated was either not appropriate (see group A in my post above) or was about our moderation of the thread (which is ALSO against our posting policy).

Now, I'm not going to go through them again, so the burden is on you to back up any continued accusation.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
Marauder Blue 6
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

WatchOle said:

RK said:

Who does this guy think he is??
The guy NOT into poop.
Every time I see your name, I see "Watch hole". It's a contradiction.

That may say more about you than it does him.
The oddly capitalized "O" throws me off.
swimmerbabe11
Isn't it Watch Ole! (like Ole ole ole ole in soccer) ??
WatchOle
Staff
AG
In summary before moving on:

1. Where any posts about Hidalgo corruption removed or edited? NO

2. Was TexAgs moderating in favor of Hidalgo? NO

3. Is a TexAgs' volunteer moderator on Hidalgo's staff or was someone from Hidalgo's office influencing the moderation here? LOL NO

4. Did any user provide any example of any post removed that was actually about Hidalgo corruption? LOL NO - WHY DO THAT?

5. Were numerous weird poop posts removed? YES

6. Were two references to Hidalgo blowjobs removed? YES

7. Were a ton of dumb***** conspiracy posts accusing TexAgs of 1, 2, and 3 removed? YES

8. Did the moderator come on here very early on and state numerous times that we only did 5, 6, and 7 and not 1, 2, and 3? YES
Gig'em, Brandon '95
YellAg2004
AG
I know you've pretty much covered everything, and I appreciate that.

The part that is confusing and likely driving at least some of the conspiracy theories is the fact that the thread would be dead for several days if not a week+, and then a mod would come in and decide it was time to clean the thread. So posts that had been up for several days or longer suddenly disappeared. That would lead to the posts about shadow moderation, which would then be deleted, wash, rinse, repeat.

Was it just that a mod was bored and decided to go back a few pages and read some threads they hadn't seen in a while, and in doing so, found some posts they felt needed to be cleaned up?
swimmerbabe11
I have to know how your username is pronounced now. I have thought it was "Watch Olay" for like 16 years or now. Have I been wrong all this time?
htxag09
AG
I just thought he was a closet Ole Miss fan
maroon barchetta
WatchOle said:

Quote:

Okay, I went back through the thread and reviewed every mod edit to the best of my ability. I stand by what I said previously: Every post moderated was either not appropriate (see group A in my post above) or was about our moderation of the thread (which is ALSO against our posting policy).

Now, I'm not going to go through them again, so the burden is on you to back up any continued accusation.

I appreciate you taking the time to visit this thread and look into the complaints. In real time it appeared to a lot of us that legitimate posts were being pulled. Without keeping a running record of the thread saved to pdf every time we post or something along those lines, we can't be sure.

I would encourage you to have your transparent moderators leave a note in the future. When posts just disappear suddenly with no explanation, especially on a topic as charged as this one, it gives the impression that perhaps a moderator that leans left pulled posts critical of officials that also lean left.

Communication is the downfall in lots of situations. A little communication from your mods could have avoided the last several pages of this thread and a lot of cleanup. It's the way it happened and the perception around that which led to all of the accusations.

Total topic change: the Pelini brothers are still bully meatheads.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
It's Watch Olay. Comes from my dad.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
maroon barchetta
swimmerbabe11 said:

I have to know how your username is pronounced now. I have thought it was "Watch Olay" for like 16 years or now. Have I been wrong all this time?

That's the way I pronounce it in my mind when I see it
swimmerbabe11
I am so relieved
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Quote:

The part that is confusing and likely driving at least some of the conspiracy theories is the fact that the thread would be dead for several days if not a week+, and then a mod would come in and decide it was time to clean the thread.
That's a fair point. I think the answer is that this board doesn't receive a lot of regular moderation attention. The originally offending posts were removed after a week of so - and they certainly warranted removal.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
maroon barchetta
WatchOle said:

Quote:

The part that is confusing and likely driving at least some of the conspiracy theories is the fact that the thread would be dead for several days if not a week+, and then a mod would come in and decide it was time to clean the thread.
That's a fair point. I think the answer is that this board doesn't receive a lot of regular moderation attention. The originally offending posts were removed after a week of so - and they certainly warranted removal.

Oh dear…
Sea Speed
AG
maroon barchetta said:

WatchOle said:

Quote:

Oh dear…

Its a good thing they don't monitor our discussion of Carla's overseas trips.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Quote:

I would encourage you to have your transparent moderators leave a note in the future. When posts just disappear suddenly with no explanation, especially on a topic as charged as this one, it gives the impression that perhaps a moderator that leans left pulled posts critical of officials that also lean left.

Communication is the downfall in lots of situations. A little communication from your mods could have avoided the last several pages of this thread and a lot of cleanup. It's the way it happened and the perception around that which led to all of the accusations.
This is the confusing part of this for me. The moderator actually DID leave notes early on and it didn't seem to matter. Additionally, the moderators were criticized for communicating TOO much. Would you agree?

Quote:

When posts just disappear suddenly with no explanation, especially on a topic as charged as this one, it gives the impression that perhaps a moderator that leans left pulled posts critical of officials that also lean left.
Is there an example of when this has happened? Meaning where one of our mods has pulled posts (that were within our policy) that were critical of left officials? I'm not saying it hasn't, I'm just not aware of a good example.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Exactly!
Gig'em, Brandon '95
maroon barchetta
I disagree on the "they did leave notes" part.

Maybe some other posters can verify.

My watchlist would show 8 new posts to this thread, I would click on that notification, the last post would be one I had already seen, and a bunch of posts would be missing with no bolded notes from staff about anything.

Just gone.
CDUB98
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Ummmmm, the notes are still up in the thread.

Are you just complaining to complain?
maroon barchetta
WatchOle said:

Exactly!

My view of this board is that it polices itself pretty well. Yes, some posters got carried away and made some comments regarding sex acts or human excrement. Or both. Sorry your mods had to mop those up.

Other than that I don't see the problems that happen on other boards or other sites. The posters on this board will use the voting function if necessary to alert the mods to a troublemaker.
maroon barchetta
CDUB98 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Ummmmm, the notes are still up in the thread.

Are you just complaining to complain?

They are up now after all the edits. Before we just saw a Rapture of posts that just vanished with no explanation.
Sea Speed
AG
I am almost positive those notes were not there originally and were added with explanation when they restored the posts.

I believe this all started when posts would disappear days after being posted, then we would discuss that and those posts were moderated away. Then several days later we wouldnhave notifications of new posts but there wouldn't be any. We would discuss thst and those posts would be moderated. That happened probably 4 or 5 times I believe.

There very well may have been notes added from the get go, but they would have been pages back and days to a week after the initial post was made, so people were not going back to see what was moderated, because for the regular user, you can't see what post was removed, but we all knew posts were being removed.

maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

I am almost positive those notes were not there originally and were added with explanation when they restored the posts.

I believe this all started when posts would disappear days after being posted, then we would discuss that and those posts were moderated away. Then several days later we wouldnhave notifications of new posts but there wouldn't be any. We would discuss thst and those posts would be moderated. That happened probably 4 or 5 times I believe.

There very well may have been notes added from the get go, but they would have been pages back and days to a week after the initial post was made, so people were not going back to see what was moderated, because for the regular user, you can't see what post was removed, but we all knew posts were being removed.

This. All of it.
aTm2004
AG
WatchOle said:

It's Watch Olay. Comes from my dad.

"Hey son, watch this…OLEEEEE oh chit!"
cajunaggie08
AG
Sea Speed said:

That sounds like a board software/user interface issue more so than a moderation issue
Sea Speed
AG
It is general consensus that when posts are deleted but no new posts are made it alerts people via the watch list that there are new posts. I admit that that has not been verified by staff, but I am far from the only user that has experienced it and there are several on this thread that will back that claim up b

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.