Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,746 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Last Cobra Commander said:

https://news.yahoo.com/harris-county-prosecutors-moved-revoke-142523248.html

Wow. Who says there is no good news on a Monday?

Keep in mind that if he had gone to a nail salon and held up the staff and customers and killer someone in the process he would have such a low bond it wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.
Sea Speed
AG
Can't watch. Cliffs? Just recapping that he sat on the board for discussing the contract the day after his bond was granted?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Da's office had requested bond to be revoked. It was a fox roundtable discussion. Somebody said this looks bad and Hidalgo's comments show she's rattled, somebody said this looks like a witchunt, and someone says Dora had to support her staff because otherwise they'll roll over on her. But that ultimately Alex T agreed to the bond conditions and if he and his atty didn't think that they were fairbhe shouldn't have signed them.
Ciboag96
Will Dora burn out like a meteor or rise like a Democrat phoenix to a DC perch from the ashes of Harris County?

bigjag19
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Will Dora burn out like a meteor or rise like a Democrat phoenix to a DC perch from the ashes of Harris County?

Both. Major burn. Oprah exclusive in 5 years with tears then rise.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I said before, there's zero love lost between the DA and the County Judge.

Court tomorrow might be fire. I need to go read the agenda.
Jock 07
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

I said before, there's zero love lost between the DA and the County Judge.

Court tomorrow might be fire. I need to go read the agenda.

Along with everyone else
BohunkAg
AG
RISING STAR

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/09/lina-hidalgo-texas-democrats-future-midterms-00031055
BarryProfit
Kicked dog barks.

BarryProfit
jetch17
AG
Boo mother effing hoo!
jetch17
AG
'I can handle this'
AlaskanAg99
AG
It's politically motivated.

A Democrat going after a Democrat?
TX04Aggie
AG
Hate to see it… libs eating their own.
Nitro Power
AG
I think she has overestimated her supporters. She got lucky via Beto. I expect Mealer to run rough shot over her in November.
Sea Speed
AG
Probably thinks twitter support translates in to real support which anyone with half a brain knew was not the case and everyone else will figure out as this Twitter business with elon must shakes out
txags92
AG
She must be hearing one of her minions is about to cut a deal. Trying to turn her imaginary grassroots followers against Ogg.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Twitter comments are generally negative. I wouldn't base my calculations of support levels on that.
XpressAg09
AG
Just a reminder that she's only here because Beto ran...

And he's running again.
txags92
AG
XpressAg09 said:

And he's running again.
Without a straight ticket voting button for the LIVs to push.
aTm2004
AG
When Beta ran against Cruz, he was a pretty new guy to state/national politics (not local) who many didn't really know, so he was able to ride the media's BJ to higher numbers than he deserved. Also, the simpletons voted straight party, which isn't an option any longer.

Now, he's been exposed for what he is and the mystique is gone. He's a known trash commodity going against an incumbent governor, who isn't the best, but has steered the state pretty well and knows the Texas political machine. Rumor is that Abbott has paid a Goodyear plant to run only wheelchair tires for the next week so he has enough to get through the burnout he's going to do on Fake Mexican's goofy looking face on election night. It's going to get messy. Beta may want to ask for a mercy rule.
Jock 07
AG
XpressAg09 said:

And he's running again.

And because a lot of folks didn't vote for Emmett cause they were pissed off about his involvement with the dome
aTm2004
AG
Involvement? Dude kept a picture of the dome on his nightstand.
txags92
AG
aTm2004 said:

Next to a bottle of lotion.
YellAg2004
AG
I get that to some people, Emmett's infatuation with the Dome was the worst thing they could every possibly imagine, but I hope the last 4 years of having Dora, Garcia, and Ellis truly run the County into the ground has taught those same people that cutting off your nose to spite your face is rarely a good strategy.

They burn through more money in a single CC session than Emmett spent in all his years with his various Dome re-purposing ideas. And look, at the end of the day, it's still standing and instead we have a burning dumpster fire of County leadership to show for it.

But I guess you showed him...
BohunkAg
AG
txags92 said:

aTm2004 said:

Next to a bottle of lotion.
txags92
AG
YellAg2004 said:

I get that to some people, Emmett's infatuation with the Dome was the worst thing they could every possibly imagine, but I hope the last 4 years of having Dora, Garcia, and Ellis truly run the County into the ground has taught those same people that cutting off your nose to spite your face is rarely a good strategy.

They burn through more money in a single CC session than Emmett spent in all his years with his various Dome re-purposing ideas. And look, at the end of the day, it's still standing and instead we have a burning dumpster fire of County leadership to show for it.

Just because we recognize why Emmett lost doesn't mean we didn't vote for him and voted for Beto.
Jock 07
AG
txags92 said:

YellAg2004 said:

Just because we recognize why Emmett lost doesn't mean we didn't vote for him and voted for Beto.

You may had but there's a lot of folks who didn't, specifically because of his forays into saving the dome.
txags92
AG
Jock 07 said:

txags92 said:

YellAg2004 said:

You may had but there's a lot of folks who didn't, specifically because of his forays into saving the dome.
Yeah, well they are dumber than Emmett.
aTm2004
AG
Jock 07 said:

txags92 said:

YellAg2004 said:

I don't think the Dome had anything to do with Emmett losing. It was 100% straight ticket voting by the Beta voters.
Keegan99
AG
aTm2004 said:

Jock 07 said:

txags92 said:

YellAg2004 said:

I don't think the Dome had anything to do with Emmett losing. It was 100% straight ticket voting by the Beta voters.

It was an election decided by fewer than 20,000 votes out of 1.195 million.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think 10,000 voters decided to vote for Dora instead of Emmett because of the Dome.
TarponChaser
XpressAg09 said:

And he's running again.

But that was also the last election which allowed for "straight-ticket" ballots.

And there's no enthusiasm around Beto this time. He'll lose to Wheels even worse than he lost to Cruz.
bigjag19
AG
Keegan99 said:

aTm2004 said:

Jock 07 said:

txags92 said:

YellAg2004 said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to think 10,000 voters decided to vote for Dora instead of Emmett because of the Dome.

For non straight ticket votes he beat her like a rented mule.

The dome isn't the reason.
Keegan99
AG
If you made a list of reasons, sure, the Dome would be pretty far down the list.

But when the margin is thin, items way down the list can be the difference.
txags92
AG
Keegan99 said:

aTm2004 said:

Jock 07 said:

txags92 said:

YellAg2004 said:

I think it is more likely that 10,000 people simply didn't vote the race as a protest against Emmett and Beto's outreach and coattails got an extra 10,000 to the polls to pull the straight ticket lever that would have otherwise not been there. Without the new car smell on Beto and with everybody seeing exactly how disastrous her tenure has been, there will be no big excitement driving people to the polls to vote for her this time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.