Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,825 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maroon barchetta said:

htxag09 said:

Staff edited the op:
Quote:

It is going to take some effort and time but we are going to restore every post on this thread that was not obscene. That will include the original post on this thread that instigated the questions about moderation. There has not been a post on this thread that was deleted due to the opinion of the poster. -Staff

Not in bold.

Could be a fake.

There you go, Staff.

Good Staff.
htxag09
AG
Scruffy
AG
htxag09 said:

Lol if you're trying to claim I'm staff. And not sure what bikes have to do with anything

You must be new to not know who he's talking about.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Quote:

It is going to take some effort and time but we are going to restore every post on this thread that was not obscene. That will include the original post on this thread that instigated the questions about moderation. There has not been any good reason that a post on this thread was deleted. -Staff

Fixed it for y'all.
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
maroon barchetta
bigjag19
AG
Scruffy said:

htxag09 said:

Lol if you're trying to claim I'm staff. And not sure what bikes have to do with anything

You must be new to not know who he's talking about.

Good times.
XpressAg09
AG
Can staff explain their connection to Hidalgo? All this scrubbing, on a site where that's usually an extreme rarity, has me suspicious that the dots are connected and now I'm curious how.

[The only posts that were removed were inappropriate posts and posts that were derailing the thread by commenting about the inappropriate posts being removed. We attempted to keep the thread on subject by removing posts about moderation and having the thread derail even more but we are going to leave it alone. No post has been removed because of the opinion of any poster and the number of posts that are negative and the low number of posts that are positive about the subject are an indicator of that. TexAgs moderators do not censor opinions but we will remove opinions if they are given in an inappropriate manner on this website. This will be the last time that we address that question on this thread. -Staff]
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

More of the same
Quote:

The judge overseeing the case involving three Harris County aides facing criminal charges linked to a controversial COVID-19 vaccine contract admonished attorneys for two of them on Thursday, saying they didn't provide prosecutors with written job descriptions as ordered, information that will be used to determine the conditions of their bond.

District Judge Hazel Jones at a hearing verbally rebuked attorneys for Alex Triantaphyllis and Wallis Nader for not following her previous instruction given on May 13.

"I told you what to do," Jones told Brett Podolsky, Marla Thompson Poirot and David Adler. "I don't know why you aren't doing it."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Judge-scolds-Hidalgo-staffers-attorneys-for-not-17246783.php

Alex T's media strategy of arrogance through all of this is an interesting play. I guess that apple doesn't fall far from the tree of old man Tasso.
jetch17
AG
Re-reading this thread over coffee this morning has been fun
Sea Speed
AG
jetch17 said:

Re-reading this thread over coffee this morning has been fun

I wonder who had the most deleted posts
Sea Speed
AG
Not gonna lie, seeing all these posts reinstated makes me smile, like we all banded together and got one over on the man.

[It has become more fun to watch the conspiracy theories instead of keeping the thread on subject and removing derails but we still will not allow posts that violate our obscenity rules. Have fun. -Staff]
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Can we get some of the OG Tine board threads put back into service too? I am not OG, but would like to see the original Torsogirl thread and a few others I have heard about for years.
maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Can we get some of the OG Tine board threads put back into service too? I am not OG, but would like to see the original Torsogirl thread and a few others I have heard about for years.

If all deleted posts are stored in some bank somewhere and can still be accessed, think of the thousands of photos they have that were not appropriate for TexAgs.

Bet those staff retreats are enlightening.
Sea Speed
AG
Staff, why was the decision made to reinstate the posts on this thread? Legitimately curious about that decision making process.

[To show the posters that have been posting about us scrubbing this thread that the only posts that have been getting deleted were posts about moderation that were filling up the thread and not posts about the original subject matter of the thread. Now you have a thread about Hidalgo and moderation in one thread and posters can derail it as much as they want to with comments and conspiracies as long as the posts are not inappropriate or obscene. If any poster wants to start another thread about the subject in the OP we will keep that one on subject and remove derailing posts and redirect those posters to this thread. Have fun. -Staff
XpressAg09
AG
Staff working overtime on the weekend
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Sea Speed said:

Staff, why was the decision made to reinstate the posts on this thread? Legitimately curious about that decision making process.

[To show the posters that have been posting about us scrubbing this thread that the only posts that have been getting deleted were posts about moderation that were filling up the thread and not posts about the original subject matter of the thread. Now you have a thread about Hidalgo and moderation in one thread and posters can derail it as much as they want to with comments and conspiracies as long as the posts are not inappropriate or obscene. If any poster wants to start another thread about the subject in the OP we will keep that one on subject and remove derailing posts and redirect those posters to this thread. Have fun. -Staff

Go back and look at the edits. A moderator came into this thread and started deleting posts at a time this discussion had slowed to a crawl and there were only about 2 posts in the last 10 days.

Now you're telling us you're only deleting posts that refer to moderation?

You are the one that derailed this thread.

Ban yourself.
Alan Combs Zombie
my guess is someone from Lina's staff reached out or a mod is volunteer with her campaign.

[Coffee always goes well with a good laugh on a Saturday morning and after Omaha yesterday it was needed. Thank you. -Staff]
maroon barchetta
Staff, great job restoring posts and responding to questions. This is a new experience! Nicely done.

Can I swing by Fuego and pick up some tacos for you? I'll drop them at the TA headquarters since y'all are burning the weekend oil.
Velvet Jones
AG
It's hilarious that Staff isn't aware of the history of this board and the role Staff has (over)played in it.

What was the mod's name who bragged about how many people he banned on a weekly basis?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Charles Coghlan said:

my guess is someone from Lina's staff reached out or a mod is volunteer with her campaign.
Confirmed.

[It has not been confirmed on here or anywhere else because neither are true. -Staff]
RK
AG
Insecurity is sad to watch.
Stat Monitor Repairman
XpressAg09
AG
This. Is. Wild. This thread has so much potential now.

Who is this new staffer???
bigjag19
AG
XpressAg09 said:

We need a catch appearance.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
bigjag19 said:

XpressAg09 said:

We need a catch appearance.
he has to have nailed Dora and have a good story about it. I want to believe.
Beerosch
AG
No matter what this new mod says nothing will convince me otherwise on a previous mod being sympathetic to Dora or having connections to her and scrubbing this thread. They were way overzealous with the editing/scrubbing.
XpressAg09
AG
Maybe we can say he was the security guard that ran the marathon with her.
Cromagnum
AG
This thread...

All the same. Here is hoping we start seeing some subpoenas.
tamuags08
AG
Cromagnum said:

This thread...

All the same. Here is hoping we start seeing some subpoenas.
Was literally just thinking of this same thing. Hilarious.
Stat Monitor Repairman
[Inappropriate post removed and we are not going to give in concerning sexually explicit or inappropriate posts even if it is a cartoon or meme. -Staff]
maroon barchetta
TulaneAg
I have no idea what's going on here... But I'm in

[A post that was inappropriate was removed early on this thread and a poster complained about the post being removed and other posters started derailing the thread complaining about moderation. The posts about moderation were getting removed to try and keep the thread on topic but the posters on the thread wanted to read a bunch of posts about moderation so the posts were reinstated but some posters also think that there is a conspiracy because posts about moderation were being removed and somehow that meant that somebody in Hidalgo's office was moderating the thread even though no posts about her or the subject of the OP had been removed unless they were obscene. We are going to leave all of the posts that are made on this thread no matter how much it gets derailed as long as they do not violate our policy about inappropriate posts and hope that there are more conspiracy posts because they are fun to read. You're welcome. -Staff]
W
AG
this is strange.

in the 20+ years of texags...there have been hundreds of threads about politicians getting into trouble

[Read the edit on the post above your post. -Staff]
Sea Speed
AG
If moderation on this board was treated like its being treated here there would be FAR fewer complaints about moderation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.