Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

185,063 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
LondonAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Painful!
Sea Speed
AG
The faces Dora is making in the background of that video are so incredibly juvenile. It is like a teenager being told she can't go to a party. And the fact that she says Alex's answers aren't framed exactly how she wants is just insane. She is literally demanding that Alex saybexactly what Dora wants her to, when she wants her to and how she says it. Just wild with entitlement. You can tell she is never confronted head on with any sort of differences ideologically simply by her reactions. She is incredulous that anyone would disagree with her approved narrative opinions. She is so gd infuriating.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Take 2 minutes and watch this:

I detest that see you next tuesday
Anyone know how to gif that part where Lina turns away?
cypress-ag
AG
Dora is running on national issues; Alex wants to focus on what the position of County Judge in Harris County should focus. When Dora is defeated, she will land in some Soros based camp where they will keep pumping her up for positions within the party. If Dora wins this election, there is ZERO hope for Harris County.
RK
AG
Sea Speed said:

The faces Dora is making in the background of that video are so incredibly juvenile. It is like a teenager being told she can't go to a party. And the fact that she says Alex's answers aren't framed exactly how she wants is just insane. She is literally demanding that Alex saybexactly what Dora wants her to, when she wants her to and how she says it. Just wild with entitlement. You can tell she is never confronted head on with any sort of differences ideologically simply by her reactions. She is incredulous that anyone would disagree with her approved narrative opinions. She is so gd infuriating.
but...Jan 6 comments usually slay at her "rallies", regardless of contextual appropriateness.

Ryan the Temp
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Interesting that Mealer talks about being one of few Rs who vote at Moody. Her R voting history did not begin until the 2020 primary runoff and she voted in the 2022 R primary. Her voting history only goes back to 2012, and she has no primary history prior to the 2020 runoff.

I do think that potentially undercuts claims of her being a far-right Republican because she hasn't been particularly invested in the Republican party until she was on the ballot.

That being said, Lina's voice is enough to vote against.
BSD
AG
I've never seen Dora in a discussion until now because I always figured she was an idiot and I typically don't waste my time with those types of people. I just watched this clip and my only thought is…
Ryan the Temp
AG
I've heard some prominent progressive groups that typically endorse and support Democrats in elections are staying away from this race and making a point not to endorse Lina because they think she's going to lose and don't want that stank on them.
Irish 2.0
But they'll take the stank that beta will have getting ***** slapped in the Texas Governor's race.

GENIUS!
Ryan the Temp
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

But they'll take the stank that beta will have getting ***** slapped in the Texas Governor's race.

GENIUS!
I think it's a testament to how disliked she really is on her own side of the aisle.
Irish 2.0
Same for Beto. He's going to lose the Governor's race worse than he lost his Senate race
Texan_Aggie
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Interesting that Mealer talks about being one of few Rs who vote at Moody. Her R voting history did not begin until the 2020 primary runoff and she voted in the 2022 R primary. Her voting history only goes back to 2012, and she has no primary history prior to the 2020 runoff.

I do think that potentially undercuts claims of her being a far-right Republican because she hasn't been particularly invested in the Republican party until she was on the ballot.

Has Mealer ever claimed to be a "far-right Republican"? She may be conservative, but she's mostly just competent and can't stand Lina.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

Has Mealer ever claimed to be a "far-right Republican"? She may be conservative, but she's mostly just competent and can't stand Lina.
Not as far as I know, but Lina is trying to paint her as one. I'm just saying Mealer's record doesn't support the claim. I've heard Mealer's history came up in the primary, but it obviously wasn't a dealbreaker for R voters.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
You are correct.
CDUB98
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

You know how it works now. If you're to the right of Karl Marx, you're a right-wing extremist.
Al Bula
AG
She should have gone straight Mark Antony and kept calling her "Judge" ironically like "Brutus is an honorable man."
swimmerbabe11

Sea Speed
AG
The face you have when someone has the audacity to have a differing opinion.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
David Happymountain said:

She should have gone straight Mark Antony and kept calling her "Judge" ironically like "Brutus is an honorable man."
I would've loved that.

Reminds me of one of my early Houston political memories watching Sylvester Turner debating the great Bob Lanier. For some reason, Turner kept addressing Mr. Lanier as "Bob," with a weird emphatic lisp. After a while Lanier turned back to him and said in a slow drawn-out voice, "well.........Syl-vester
All the reporters and everyone on the tv broke out laughing.
swimmerbabe11
it was a closer up version of seaspeeds
Ryan the Temp
AG
Sea Speed
AG
She is bragging about it. She is so stupid that she thinks it makes mealer look bad instead of making her look like an absolute clown. She has absolutely no business managing a convenience store, let alone one of the largest counties in the nation.

AlaskanAg99
AG
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/harris-county-judge-forum-held-without-incumbent-candidate.amp#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16662666454727&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

Lina a no show at the Houston Super Neighborhood Alliance. Whichbi can imagine is not a right wing group. She's just dodging public engagements because she wants to run on national issues and not local ones. You know, the local issues she's elected to govern.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Wow! A Threes Company gif. Nice.
Z3phyr
Couldn't make it through the whole video with that whiny voice
AlaskanAg99
AG
Odds of an indictment are falling fast. I think there's less than a 50% chance it happens in the next 3 business days.
BohunkAg
AG
Sea Speed said:

The face you have when someone has the audacity to have a differing opinion.

She runs one of the biggest counties in the United States and she can't even act like an adult. Sheesh.
drumboy
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/harris-county-judge-forum-held-without-incumbent-candidate.amp#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16662666454727&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

Lina a no show at the Houston Super Neighborhood Alliance. Whichbi can imagine is not a right wing group. She's just dodging public engagements because she wants to run on national issues and not local ones. You know, the local issues she's elected to govern.
Looks like she was double-booked.
Quote:

Meantime, Hidalgo appeared before a meeting of the Houston Black American Democrats.
bigjag19
AG
Houston BADdies are important.
12thMan9
AG
bigjag19 said:

Houston BADdies are important.

Signed,

Rodney Ellis
Ronnie '88
AlaskanAg99
AG
Heard a new theory, Ogg is holding back to see if she survives the election. Why would Ogg expend political capital going after Lina if the voters do the work for her.
Irish 2.0
AlaskanAg99 said:

Heard a new theory, Ogg is holding back to see if she survives the election. Why would Ogg expend political capital going after Lina if the voters do the work for her.

She should be indicted regardless of the election if the evidence is there. This is a pretty illogical theory.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Better theory: Boss Ogg is waiting for someone to meet the reserve price on releasing or suppressing the indictment.
AlaskanAg99
AG
There's no logic to politics.
aTm2004
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

She's probably waiting until after the election to not be seen as influencing it.

That, and she probably hates Dora and is getting enjoyment treating her like the Janitor did JD.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.