Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,839 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well played.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Once again she didn't show up for Central Houston's big annual luncheon and instead sent a video message. The thrust of both her and Sly's remarks was, "We promise homelessness and violent crime downtown isn't as bad as you think it is."

Real inspiring stuff.
YellAg2004
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Once again she didn't show up for Central Houston's big annual luncheon and instead sent a video message. The thrust of both her and Sly's remarks was, "We promise homelessness and violent crime downtown isn't as bad as you think it is."

Real inspiring stuff.
Saw that. All of their comments are framed with the reduction being relative to last year. Well when last year was the highest on record, a reduction of 20 murders doesn't exactly mean much when you're still ~300 higher than when you took office.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
And when her county administrator was withholding/omitting data from the Fall.....
YellAg2004
AG
I also found it interesting how when Sly was hitting his talking points, they people are "unhoused". But as soon as he started speaking freely, they're back to being homeless.

Just subtle BS sprinkled throughout...
CDUB98
AG
And when police have given up and just don't arrest people.
Diggity
AG
Jock 07
AG
Gonna be real awkward in the coming weeks when it's revealed that these high level govt officials were out campaigning for an indicted grifter
Sea Speed
AG
What the hell. Keep these national trash bags out of our local elections.
txags92
AG
Sea Speed said:

Never interrupt an enemy while they are making a mistake...
aTm2004
AG
Sea Speed said:

It makes sense when you understand they never leave their echo chamber, so they all believe it makes a difference.
maroon barchetta
Why did this bump my watchlist?
TRM
AG
Something got deleted/edited. Don't know what it was though.
CDUB98
AG
Hidalgo's staff continues to try and cover.
ChemAg15
AG
Hidalgo bleeders will be out of a job in two days. They can nuke the whole thread and it won't change the election. Good luck with the inditements.
Al Bula
AG
CDUB98
AG
David Happymountain said:

"I did not have sexual relations with that bribe!"
txags92
AG
So am I the only one who thought her commercial playing during the world series was incredibly tone deaf? Talking about growing up with a government led by criminals...HELLO!?! Your top three staffers are under indictment and all three still have jobs with the county! We know what it is like to live under a government controlled by criminals too.
TJaggie14
AG
This thread would be better if we just posted pictures of her sweater puppies. I'm on mobile so I'm worthless.
bigjag19
AG
txags92 said:

So am I the only one who thought her commercial playing during the world series was incredibly tone deaf? Talking about growing up with a government led by criminals...HELLO!?! Your top three staffers are under indictment and all three still have jobs with the county! We know what it is like to live under a government controlled by criminals too.

Laughed my ass off.

Along with her chronicle quotes to make it seem like they endorse her.
XpressAg09
AG
Guys! Staff has reminded us, on multiple occasions that there are no shenanigans afoot. Please refrain from this disinformation and speculcation and focus the attention not on Lina's political commentary, but instead, where it belongs...on her bewbs.
StillNotAnAggie
Receipts. Literally.
AgLiving06
She expensed the purchase of an Astros shirt?
Sea Speed
AG
Holee chit. Did she use campaign funds or county funds to buy that ugly ass jacket?
htxag09
AG
She's stupid. But no way she's that stupid. I'm gonna say that's fake
aTm2004
AG
htxag09 said:

She's stupid. But no way she's that stupid. I'm gonna say that's fake

htxag09
AG
Lol. I mean she is that stupid. But I still think it's fake. Doubt it's approved yet alone public record that quick. Also why would the name be blank
rilloaggie
AG
Couldn't find where that post came from but it looks like the Jane Fonda door knocking fee was $20,000

https://www.opensecrets.org/campaign-expenditures/vendor?cycle=2022&vendor=Lina+Hidalgo+for+Harris+County
Ciboag96
rilloaggie said:

Couldn't find where that post came from but it looks like the Jane Fonda door knocking fee was $20,000

https://www.opensecrets.org/campaign-expenditures/vendor?cycle=2022&vendor=Lina+Hidalgo+for+Harris+County
Holy ***** Hahahaha. Guess ole Jane is a Capitalist after all
tylercsbn9
AG
How the eff do we not have any results on this other than early voting? What a joke.

I guess it is encouraging that in the early voting result it was basically a tie. Election Day I would assume favors Mealer.

Harris was also not close to a blue as Dallas, SA, Austin as well when looking at the governor results
Ryan the Temp
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

How the eff do we not have any results on this other than early voting? What a joke.

I guess it is encouraging that in the early voting result it was basically a tie. Election Day I would assume favors Mealer.

Harris was also not close to a blue as Dallas, SA, Austin as well when looking at the governor results
103 voting centers have reported. Hidalgo still up by about 1.7% Contrast that with EV in 2018 giving her an 11% lead over Emmett.

Before we had voting centers, you could reliably expect most of the R boxes to come in earlier in the evening because they tended not to have long lines remaining at 7:00 PM. Voting centers really makes the night's progression unpredictable.
Ciboag96
If Lina wins, we are all ****ing totally lost. Democrats and those who vote for them are ****ing scum.
Dr. Horrible
It's gonna be real bad if Lina wins and Cagle loses (which looks likely at this point). They can ram through anything they want at that point.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

It's gonna be real bad if Lina wins and Cagle loses (which looks likely at this point). They can ram through anything they want at that point.
ugh...
T Durden
AG
Bring on the indictment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.