Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,865 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
Mr. Lahey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChemAg15 said:

There is a box called "corrupt and controllable" that Lina ticks. The fact that Lina is in hot water here is fantastic news for the Dems. They might have even encouraged the investigation in some way.

The Dems can then pull some strings for Lina and get her off the hook. Then Lina will owe whoever is pulling the strings and they will own her forever.

Didn't anyone watch House of Cards?
themissinglink
AG
If you want a reminder of Dora's boldfaced lie about vendor selection to the Commissioners Court... (begin about the 6:10:00 mark)

https://harriscountytx.new.swagit.com/videos/135996
Stupe
S

Quote:

"Ma'am, you're under criminal investigation…why did you hire a criminal attorney to represent you in that criminal matter?"

Did you fail civics/government/Keith Swim's Mgmt class?

I assume that you didn't see this clip where he used that question to set up other questions? It wasn't a stand alone question.

Chanel 2

Stupe
S
And why are you so pissy? I just asked a simple question.
jetch17
AG
Staff WTF with the edits on this thread?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Stupe said:

And why are you so pissy? I just asked a simple question.

"Sir, you've been accused of an MIP at Northgate. Why did you hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you as to the claim that you were MIP at Northgate….given the criminal charges that will likely be brought against you as an MIP at Northgate."

I usually watch Ch13…..my name is Marvin Zindler, after all,…..but happy to look at your video and get back to you.

Nevertheless, if you're going to lead with a question, make it one that the response is not "duhhhh."
jetch17
AG
scrubbed even more this morning
AustinCountyAg
themissinglink said:

If you want a reminder of Dora's boldfaced lie about vendor selection to the Commissioners Court... (begin about the 6:10:00 mark)

"bring it on, bring it"-Dora

lol. Well, they are bringing it.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
jetch17 said:

being scrubbed as we speak.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
jetch17 said:

The irony of quietly deleting a post that says nothing but "transparency".
maroon barchetta
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

jetch17 said:

Reddit or this thread?
Beerosch
AG
maroon barchetta said:

jetch17 said:

Reddit or this thread?

This thread. Apparently some mods are sympathetic to Lina's corruption.
TexAg91
AG
I'm sure they scrubbed "Russia Russia Russia" claims in 2020 as well. Oh wait, this is (D)ifferent.
RebelE91
AG
Wow, Just watched that video from last year, and I didn't realize she was THAT toxic. Cactus Jack wasn't even accusing her of anything and she went on the attack about accepting campaign contributions. Hell Lena, we know you probably weren't getting any of that kickback money because you are just the convenient useful idiot for the Ds. But someone was supposed to get it. And your reaction makes you look guilty of something
tylercsbn9
AG
Beerosch said:

maroon barchetta said:

jetch17 said:

Reddit or this thread?

There was a thread on r/Houston yesterday. Lasted about an hour. Someone was simply asking what lina was accused of doing and why people liked her.

It was mostly filled with responses of muh mean republicans cant deal with a smart, young, Latinex women so this is just a vendetta blah blah blah

Some actual answers to what the allegations are probably triggered the deletion
tylercsbn9
AG
RebelE91 said:

Wow, Just watched that video from last year, and I didn't realize she was THAT toxic. Cactus Jack wasn't even accusing her of anything and she went on the attack about accepting campaign contributions. Hell Lena, we know you probably weren't getting any of that kickback money because you are just the convenient useful idiot for the Ds. But someone was supposed to get it. And your reaction makes you look guilty of something

Exactly. You can tell from her reaction in that video as well as the one from yesterday that she's guilty. Her defensiveness and reaction gives it away. She's not good enough at hiding her emotions to not give away her guilt yet. That comes with experience in the political world
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

It was mostly filled with responses of muh mean republicans cant deal with a smart, young, Latinex women so this is just a vendetta blah blah blah

I never fail to be amazed at the amount of stupid people in this world.
themissinglink
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Beerosch said:

maroon barchetta said:

jetch17 said:

Reddit or this thread?

There was a thread on r/Houston yesterday. Lasted about an hour. Someone was simply asking what lina was accused of doing and why people liked her.

Some actual answers to what the allegations are probably triggered the deletion
Reddit spam filter strikes again.
Sea Speed
AG
This thread is a shell of its (recently) former self.
Beerosch
AG
themissinglink said:

She was extremely defensive on the issue. Went into not taking campaign contributions from people who deal with the county without being prompted. She hung herself in a lot of the things said there.
Valtrex11
God her voice is annoying
Jock 07
AG
Assuming she goes down, who takes her place on the ballot in the fall?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I doubt it's possible for anything to happen quickly enough this year.

If a nominee were to withdraw by a certain deadline (don't know the date off the top of my head but I think it's sometime in the Summer), the county party executive committee composed of precinct chairs would hold a vote to nominate someone new. But I can't imagine her withdrawing.
Al Bula
AG
In all likelihood, she gets re-elected with less votes. Mealer-whatever gets 40%. Dora gets four more years and rides a trail to national office. Or is appointed to some executive branch office where she can be better groomed for a higher state office or congressional seat at the expense of her low IQ constituency.

All part of the plan, comrades.
maroon barchetta
Easy, Rod said:

In all likelihood, she gets re-elected with less votes. Mealer-whatever gets 40%. Dora gets four more years and rides a trail to national office. Or is appointed to some executive branch office where she can be better groomed for a higher state office or congressional seat at the expense of her low IQ constituency.

All part of the plan, comrades.

If people were not stupid we could have a better society, but noooooooooo…
jetch17
AG
[We have not removed any posts that were related to the content of this thread and we have not removed any posts based on the opinions given by any posters on this thread. We removed several posts that were obscene and your posts complaining about us removing content that we do not allow. You should have been banned for your comment that bypassed word filters and we let it slide but you ignored that and you are are now banned for your continued derailment of this thread. -Staff]
i is smart
AG
I guess she didn't realize she was treated with kid gloves by the local media over the years and folded when she finally had to answer real questions.
BowSowy
AG
Aw damn, they removed that guy white knighting for the judge and then getting butthurt when people disagreed?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Now she refusing to answer qwuerstions on advice of counsel.

Press conference is lol. Sounds like an 8th grader.

Michael Berry having a ball with this, lol.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6xMR81Aus54nZYi1X4yr4e?si=OGbKdueLSiuxXxFTeZZYew
ChemAg15
AG
Thanks. This will be my entertainment on the drive home.
Sea Speed
AG
Pretty sure this is all from the press conference several days ago. The soundbites i have heard from the press conference so far definitely are.
cajunaggie08
AG
Looks like they finally got an explanation regarding moderation.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Petty tyrants gonna petty tyrant. I'm only talking about Lina and her staff, of course…
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Ciboag96
NNOOOOOOO. DONT ban Jetch!!

The Houston board will no longer be the same.

Ciboag96
Jock 07 said:

Assuming she goes down, who takes her place on the ballot in the fall?

More likely nothing ever happens

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.