Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,776 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think you guys should keep arguing this issue, that will be impossible to prove either way.
W
AG
Emmett didn't want to be known as the guy that demolished the Astrodome.

it put Houston on the map in the 1960's (along with the space program)
AlaskanAg99
AG
Nobody gives two ****s about the Dome.
If you were 10 in 1960, you're 72 now.
Ciboag96
She mad

Cromagnum
AG
Marvin_Zindler
AG
She can't help herself:
Keegan99
AG
Taunting law enforcement seems like a really dumb idea. So, about what I expect from Dora, and I hope she keeps it up!
Diggity
AG
She's received her marching orders. Fight it out in the court of public opinion.

Have to think that means her lawyers aren't too optimistic about how this is going.
txags92
AG
I think it means she knows one of her people is turning on her and the indictment is coming. So she is getting out ahead of it to make it seem like she predicted it as the next step in the dirty tricks, not the logical outcome of turning a peon in a criminal organization against their boss via a plea deal.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
She needs better lawyers. If she's in the crosshairs and one of her underlings has signed up a plea deal, my advice would be to keep your head down and keep your mouth shut.
batchuser
She will high tale it to DC unscathed and have pos female celebrities singing her praises on social media
TX04Aggie
AG
I am loving this drama. Couldn't happen to a worse person, and to be taken down by your own party nonetheless. Her squealing now, means something is about to drop and she is framing the optics. I think she will find out she has far less support than she believes, at least locally where the voters votes actually count. She may be a darling outside of Harris County, but those people cant vote.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Someone needs to ask her why her party's DA is orchestrating political attacks against her.

She wants to frame it as republican political attacks, but she can't.

And why hasnt Boss Ogg given a rebuttal yet?
Stat Monitor Repairman
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

She needs better lawyers. If she's in the crosshairs and one of her underlings has signed up a plea deal, my advice would be to keep your head down and keep your mouth shut.

She keeps digging herself in deeper. Amazing to watch.
Mas89
AG
Should be Federal charges against Dora. Why aren't the Feds investigating this?
AlaskanAg99
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/05/18/steel-caged-death-match-harris-county-judge-lina-hidalgo-expects-to-be-indicted-in-ongoing-investigation/

""Stuff is about to get real," said Brian Wice, KPRC 2 Legal Analyst, who described the showdown between the county's judge and district attorney as a "steel-caged death match."

Directing a tweet at the DA is not a sound strategy, according to Wice

"I wholly disagree with a media strategy that - as they say in West Texas - is all about poking the bear," said Wice.

Wice believes Hidalgo is trying to get in front of the fallout from the investigation during an election year.:
Diggity
AG

to be clear, I don't think it's her lawyers that suggested this strategy. It's her campaign folks.
YellAg2004
AG
TarponChaser said:

XpressAg09 said:

Just a reminder that she's only here because Beto ran...

And he's running again.

But that was also the last election which allowed for "straight-ticket" ballots.

And there's no enthusiasm around Beto this time. He'll lose to Wheels even worse than he lost to Cruz.
2018 truly was a perfect storm that led to the current situation. You had mid-term elections after Trump had just unexpectedly beaten the D's golden girl 2 years prior. The party in power pretty much always loses seats in the midterm because the opposition is fired up from losing the last election. Now include Trump's caustic personality while essentially dismantling any and all of Obama's legacy. Then you had Beta as the new cool kid on the scene that all the virtue-signaling suburban women could get behind. And he was running against Cruz, who D's already hate because he destroys their feelings with sound logic and positions.

Toss all that in a bowl and mix in straight-ticket voting along with a dash of Emmett running a virtually non-existent campaign and a pinch of Dome envy, and you get the **** sandwich that we've been eating for the last 4 years.

If any one of those things didn't happen, Dora is still nothing more than a D underling waiting for her turn after taking her prescribed beating in the 2018 election. Instead she destroys Harris County while using it as a springboard to get to DC as an "up and comer".

Local elections matter.
Jock 07
AG

Quote:

Calls to Nader have not been returned and her attorney has declined to comment.

I seriously think this says a lot when the other two's lawyers were squawking about how innocent their clients are. I read it as I'm working with the prosecutors and not saying *****

I'm just hoping she brings down Rodney Ellis along with her.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Ogg doesn't have to say a word. As a matter of fact, silence is not only the correct strategy, its the best strategy.

Ever watch How I Met Your Mother? Remember the "slap bet"? We're at the point where Ogg has one slap left. She'll dish it out when she deems it appropriate.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Someone needs to ask her why her party's DA is orchestrating political attacks against her.

She wants to frame it as republican political attacks, but she can't.

Never interrupt the enemy when they are making a mistake.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Diggity said:

to be clear, I don't think it's her lawyers that suggested this strategy. It's her campaign folks.
If you're right, we really are dealing with someone that is an inexperienced moron that is also obsessed with the smell of her own farts. Eschewing sound advice from a criminal law lawyer in the name of the pursuit of your fledgling political ambitions is.....unwise.
Diggity
AG

Diggity said:

If you're right, we really are dealing with someone that is an inexperienced moron that is also obsessed with the smell of her own farts. Eschewing sound advice from a criminal law lawyer in the name of the pursuit of your fledgling political ambitions is.....unwise.
who knows....I just can't see her attorney's telling her this was a good strategy
bigjag19
AG

Diggity
AG
I was thinking of this legend

bigjag19
AG
I assume she a team.

Side note, the locker rooms where I play hockey have No Alcohol Allowed signs.

A comma was added.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Big Cat `93
AG
Seems like a Nathan Thurm tactic.

Sea Speed
AG
Ciboag96 said:

She mad

It sounds like she is trying to convince herself not the people at the press conference.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Man, what a character! Wow!
tamuags08
AG
Quote:

Rumor is that Abbott has paid a Goodyear plant to run only wheelchair tires for the next week so he has enough to get through the burnout he's going to do on Fake Mexican's goofy looking face on election night
Marvin_Zindler
AG
https://abc13.com/lina-hidalgo-indictment-harris-county-contract-steering-texas-scandal/11865708/

Ted Oberg: "Well...if you're going to be a moron on twitter, I guess I'll do a 2min hit on the 5:00 news."
Stat Monitor Repairman
Name a local news story that the media has been this hard over.

I've never seen anything like this.

I'm surprised any networks are reporting it.

I'm surprised we ever heard about it in the first place.
tamuags08
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Name a local news story that the media has been this hard over.

I've never seen anything like this.

I'm surprised any networks are reporting it.

I'm surprised we ever heard about it in the first place.

I don't care why. Maybe her and her bf grabbed the last set of crab legs at HEB and he's been forever hutt burt.

I only care that it's actually happening. It's real…and it's spectacular.
Nitro Power
AG
Isn't Ogg a Soros plant? Perhaps there is a thinking that Dora is so poor, she will cost them control over Harris County? I dunno, but she clearly pissed off the wrong group.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.