Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,696 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Next question. If they seized their laptops/phones, etc. under a legit search warrant, can they look through them for evidence of other crimes...potentially election fraud related? Or would they be constrained to only being able to use them for the crimes outlined in the warrant?
Beerosch
AG
So these 3 are gonna take the fall and Dora comes out unscathed
Sea Speed
AG
I cant imagine all 3 taking the fall on a felony sword for her.
Beerosch
AG
Sea Speed said:

I'm sure they'll be compensated nicely for the inconvenience
Valtrex11
Which one of you left wing beta soys boys is this next to her?

CFTXAG10
AG
Beerosch said:

So these 3 are gonna take the fall and Dora comes out unscathed
It depends. Do the 3 direct report staffers flip on her? Even if they don't what if what comes to light is bad enough on its face that she has to resign? Does she claim ignorance? Doubtful. It would contradict her statements previously that she did nothing wrong when selecting the winning bid for the contract.

The timing is rather impeccable for Mealer too. Lots of ammo for the runoff in May and election in November.
maroon barchetta
Valtrex11 said:

I hope that cake is Vegan.
Al Bula
AG
I am betting Lina really, REALLY hates Covid right about now.
Sea Speed
AG
Yes. This is what i was talking about.
AlaskanAg99
AG
There's no love lost between Ogg and Lina. Ogg also needs a big win as her offices are under constant fire for crime.
GAC06
AG
Vegan crab legs
Jack Klompus
AG
Ruh roh

Felony indictments filed for Harris Co. Judge Lina Hidalgo's chief of staff, 2 others in $11M COVID-19 outreach contract investigation (click2houston.com)

edit--missed it by that much.
Jock 07
AG
Waiting patiently for her next presser where she tells us how badly she wants to answer questions and explain everything away but just can't cause lawyers and she's constipated.
aTm2004
AG
TexAg91 said:

Beerosch said:

Who was indicted?
Chief of Staff Alex Triantaphyllis along with former staff members Wallis Nader and Aaron Dunn

Marvin_Zindler
AG
Lol. That Alex T nitwit getting arrested in all of this is just poetic. Woke white libs are a puss-filled boil on the ass of America.
Sea Speed
AG
DeShaun Watson was blowing unwanted Ls all over every instagram masseuse this side of the Mississippi and didn't get indicted on a single thing but these 3 jackasses did.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
Valtrex11 said:

Staffers getting indicted and Judge Jameis is out here picking up crab legs?
aTm2004
AG
That was during COVID when she was telling everyone to stay home because they could kill people.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Lol. That Alex T nitwit getting arrested in all of this is just poetic. Woke white libs are a puss-filled boil on the ass of America.
Wokeness is just a scam that these people think gives them a layer of teflon and unquestionability. Because it works w/ their sheltered friends and tightly controlled social media bubbles, they assume it will work with everyone.

Take a look at the backgrounds of the 3 who were indicted. Zero professional experience relevant to public administration, budgeting, or infrastructure. Even those with respectable educational credentials have no professional background apart from "advocacy" or running for office. Their only goal is to get into positions - as quickly as possible - where they can steer contracts and profit from connections. And they wasted no time doing so in their first real government jobs.

The whole "woke" game is just the political equivalent of mobsters and gang bangers making a big show of their generosity down at the community festivals and fundraisers. Being woke is just a headfake to distract people from their real personal goals.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Sea Speed said:

Dora is in Barney.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Rubble?
TRM
AG
Trouble!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
TRM said:

Trouble!
I love this board.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Staffers pulling 5 figure incomes are pleading out to misdemeanors so Ogg can skewer Dora this fall, help the local (D)s, and come out looking decent. No one is taking a fall/time with the TDCJ here.
themissinglink
AG
Even if she doesn't get indicted, polls are moving against her

Big Al 1992
AG
Also a lot of buzz about Ogg switching to the Rs before her next election. Getting rid of Lina will help give her some R cred.
BarryProfit
Big Al 1992 said:

Also a lot of buzz about Ogg switching to the Rs before her next election. Getting rid of Lina will help give her some R cred.

Would work for me!
AlaskanAg99
AG
Hearing that Garcia has a lot of competition.
Only need to gain 1 seat, and for Cagle to hold on to retake the court. That'd be a massive swing.
TX04Aggie
AG
One could only hope.
Jock 07
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

A soros backed da switching teams? Yea pretty sure that's not happening.
txags92
AG
Any R that would be dumb enough to vote for her if she switched is an idiot.
Sea Speed
AG
Unless she started proyesting in front of these judges homes personally, there isn't much she could do to make me like her and certainly not vote for her. Gotta admit though if she does, I wouldn't doubt that it would work.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Staffers pulling 5 figure incomes are pleading out to misdemeanors so Ogg can skewer Dora this fall, help the local (D)s, and come out looking decent. No one is taking a fall/time with the TDCJ here.
Sadly, I tend to agree.
AlaskanAg99
AG
They won't keep their jobs. She is not in a strong position since she didn't win on any merits. No one knew who she was until she won.

This is entirely more competitive and I have a hard time thinking the state AG will allow anyone to plead down.

See how it rolls but this county is in play.
Keegan99
AG
Registered voters is going to be more favorable to Dora than likely voters.

And this was before the indictments.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.