Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,935 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
Ribavirin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rumor is one of the mods does PR work for Dora's campaign don't shoot the messenger
htxag09
AG
Ryan the Temp
AG
Ribavirin said:

Rumor is one of the mods does PR work for Dora's campaign don't shoot the messenger
o rly?
swimmerbabe11
Ribavirin said:

I feel like this will end up moderated.
Redstone
AG
IN before the lock
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Nice knowing you Ribavirin
Al Bula
AG
A poster on 16 brought up the notifications appearing on a Lina thread and comments disappearing. I indicated the same behavior was happening on this board as well. That comment was deleted.

Not question moderation, just posting what happened.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Universal Services is run by the Major General (Ret) who has no background in IT.
You're being quite kind; he's a dem career politician who was in the guard.
GiggityAg01
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/endorsements/article/Mealer-Hidalgo-Harris-County-debate-17504357.php

Just curious when this was shot since she's been so deathly ill lately.
Wow, that's just beyond brutal. From her list of accomplishments to bragging about the unused NRG hospital. Mealer needs to slice that in to some nice commercials.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Holy ****, is this from the constables' little show?

Ryan the Temp
AG
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

Universal Services is run by the Major General (Ret) who has no background in IT.
You're being quite kind; he's a dem career politician who was in the guard.
what? Is it Rick Noriega?
maroon barchetta
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Nice knowing you Ribavirin

He's a sock that's been trolling multiple boards.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yep.
https://hcus.harriscountytx.gov/About-Us/Administrators

That's the kind of **** people who have worked at the county have been talking about since Lina got in there as Rodney's pawn. Non-political administrators have gotten replaced by political hacks all over.

I'm sure Maj. General Nepotism was about as qualified for that job as Armando Walle was to be the "Covid Czar," or as qualified as Longoria was to be Elections Administrator.

*Hell, I think the County Administrator is there because he needed a job and had worked for Michael Skelley, the "renewable wind entrepreneur" and democrat politician & donor.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I am sick of consolation prize hires at the county and city level. I actually thought about applying for the elections admin position because I really like helping government function in an effective, nonpartisan way, but decided I'd rather spend my time being a professional musician.
Al Bula
AG
Wasn't her former comms director an Obama lackey/lackwit?
maroon barchetta
Ryan the Temp said:

I am sick of consolation prize hires at the county and city level. I actually thought about applying for the elections admin position because I really like helping government function in an effective, nonpartisan way, but decided I'd rather spend my time being a professional musician.

Sounds like you have to be buddies with someone higher up to get one of those jobs.

And to take the fall when one of their schemes gets found out by Ted Oberg.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Harry Lime said:

Holy ****, is this from the constables' little show?

Yes.
bigjag19
AG
Protecting our families? Interesting strategies.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Finally saw my first Lina signs tonight.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

Sounds like you have to be buddies with someone higher up to get one of those jobs.

And to take the fall when one of their schemes gets found out by Ted Oberg.
I've grown to hate the whole political insider world and politics in general. I sometimes wonder why I ever wanted to be in the middle of it, and I'm glad I got out, although I do wish Ed Emmett had been re-elected. He and I had some very good conversations about how to fundamentally restructure Public Health to make an actual difference in people's lives and deal with mental health directly instead of leaving it to the jail. It was all about how we help county government improve the lives of its citizens without any consideration of partisan politics.

Good governance ... what a concept.
Ryan the Temp
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Just curious - Did you think they were easy to read?
Jock 07
AG
Ribavirin said:

Wonder if said mod has an affinity for bicycles.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Didn't really notice. Was actually thinking how relatively few Beto signs I was seeing versus 4 years ago when I saw side by side houses with houses with Beto and Dora signs. Was thinking more about her choice of campaign color.
The D
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I was shocked how many Mealer signs there are in river oaks. Once the rich elite mostly liberals turns on you, you are done.
Ryan the Temp
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Didn't really notice. Was actually thinking how relatively few Beto signs I was seeing versus 4 years ago when I saw side by side houses with houses with Beto and Dora signs. Was thinking more about her choice of campaign color.
Yeah, I think the color makes them difficult to read. Edit: Easier to read in the day than at night.
XpressAg09
AG
Ribavirin said:

Look, I know it's rumor, but we've seen time and again, magic disappearances of 'new posts,' so I'm fine believing this until proven otherwise.

Vote Mealer.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Quote:

You'd never guess that was a thing around here anymore. Elected office = easy way to give plumb contracts for massive, complicated undertakings to your brother-in-law's plumbing company.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Or protecting your pal's cigar bar from being shut down.
maroon barchetta
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Quote:

You'd never guess that was a thing around here anymore. Elected office = easy way to give plumb contracts for massive, complicated undertakings to your brother-in-law's plumbing company.
GoAgs92
AG
Wow Chronicle Endorses the republican. Didn't see that coming.

Hidalgo must be awful.
[img]http://readthetruth.com/images/dinosaur.gif[/img]
Ryan the Temp
AG
I thought about this board when I was driving yesterday. As you take the ramp from 610 to 45 North, there is a 4x8 Hidalgo sign that someone painted "sucks" on, so it reads "Lina Hidalgo Sucks."

I giggled a little bit.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah, I think the color makes them difficult to read. Edit: Easier to read in the day than at night.

Neighbor just put up Dora, Beto and Lesley Briones signs in their yard. Dora's sign is definitely too busy and not contrasty enough to read.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Lina and her staff need to work harder and try harder.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I've only seen Lina signs in my hood in the yards that already had Beto and/or Leslie Briones signs.

Mostly the same houses that had "in this house" signs during the 2 years of the epipandemic, and then Ukraine flags before it was time to gear up for the midterms.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Same. And surprised at how many Beto & Briones (and our D Congress guy) signs that don't have the complete set with Dora.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.