Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,826 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
Mr. Lahey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jock 07
AG
maroon barchetta
Ciboag96 said:

Jock 07 said:

Assuming she goes down, who takes her place on the ballot in the fall?

More likely nothing ever happens

It's true.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Berry makes a good point about having three staffers involved in the mix. One is gonna be the scapegoat. Odds are that at least one of the staffers flip to avoid jail time.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Its amazing what happens when you give some people, like Lina for example, just a little bit of power. It instantly goes to their heads. They feel as though they don't have to answer to their paying customers or electorate and use that newfound power to silence any dissenting voices.

It's a tale as old as time.
RK
AG
The Houston board is predicated on veering off topic. This is a bold new strategy.
TarponChaser
NM
BBRex
AG
Not that she deserves a pass, but I think Dora got caught in someone else's scheme. Either she was naive enough to think she could trust some folks who burned her or she didn't realize how far out of bounds she had gone to do a solid for the local party leadership. I think now she's realizing this might not go as planned.

Side note: I can't read Mealer's name without thinking "Lite" afterward.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Berry makes a good point about having three staffers involved in the mix. One is gonna be the scapegoat. Odds are that at least one of the staffers flip to avoid jail time.

Nobody is going to jail over this. Just a simple oversight, donchaknow?
themissinglink
AG
Many of the local Dem government services contracts are BS schemes. Because they are services, the local government isn't required to use the lowest bid and can differentiate on "quality". Especially these "outreach" efforts.

You use local tax dollars to hire progressive "outreach" organization filled with SJWs. They make exorbitant profits and recycle that money into Dem campaigns.
BohunkAg
AG
Jock 07 said:

Assuming she goes down
Tell me more.........
Build It
AG
Only way she gets caught is if she took a bag of cash. We'll see about that.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Only a personal pet theory here, but I doubt she's been taking any kickbacks. More like using county resources for political purposes. Making sure her people get paid to build up for the future.
SockDePot
ChipFTAC01 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Nobody is going to jail over this. Just a simple oversight, donchaknow?

100%.

This is where Dora gets to play innocent inexperienced card in her favor.

Things will be business as usual.

Look at what Sly has gotten away with. A staffer publicly quit because he was awarding projects to his former business partners and nothing came of it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Sweet sassy molassy the disappearing posts on this thread are out of control.
Furlock Bones
AG
Not sure why staff is deleting posts about government corruption? Our job as citizens is to uncover and cal out government corruption. Weird choice to censor that.

[We have not deleted a single post that was related to the subject of this thread. One poster falsely stated that we were censoring this thread and we had to remove a bunch of posts that were replying to that post. Those posts derailed this thread into misinformed complaints about moderation and censorship about the subject matter on this thread. We will not address this false allegation or moderation again on this thread. -Staff]
rangerdanger
AG
Surprised she isn't greasing Beto's palms. She owes him big time for the current term and will owe him again after the gubernatorial election.
Ciboag96
Is Dora exploring a holding cell yet?
Buying_time
AG
This was a liberal / Dem elite gang initiation. She now has street cred with Pelosi, Hillary, etc. She appears to have gotten caught but will walk and become pretty much untouchable as long as the Dem control the media. Since she will not serve jail time she cannot get a cobweb, clock or five dot tattoo.
Stat Monitor Repairman
So you saying Dora got jumped in.
. . .
https://www.fox26houston.com/video/1051471

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/hidalgo-staffer-implicated-in-bid-rigging-scandal-gets-new-higher-paying-county-job
Sea Speed
AG
More warrants coming
Jock 07
AG
It keeps getting better and better

YellAg2004
AG
When did the first warrants get served and when did the new director start at HCFCD?
Beerosch
AG
She's definitely guilty as hell, but does Ogg's office have the final say in charges against her? If so, it'll end up like other posters have already said.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Sea Speed said:

More warrants coming

Dirty talk.
YellAg2004
AG
I'll answer my own questions…

Search warrants served March 11th
New HCFCD director started…March 7th

Coincidence?
Diggity
AG
Dora's crew calls that move the ole 7/11
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Gotta love unadvertised positions/hiring. Probably because of his vast flood control expertise.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Ciboag96
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Gotta love unadvertised positions/hiring. Probably because of his vast flood control expertise.

Is swamp experience the same as flood control experience?
Cromagnum
AG
. . . said:

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/hidalgo-staffer-implicated-in-bid-rigging-scandal-gets-new-higher-paying-county-job

Imagine that...

Quote:

A separate open records inquiry revealed the senior-level flood control job, for which Dunn was selected, was never publicly posted for other applicants to pursue.
Sea Speed
AG
Ho hum, just more corrupt practices by JUDGE LINA HIDALGO and co.

Judge lina Hidalgo, her cronies in the county and city, those who voted for her and those who continue to protect her online are all garbage.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

Ho hum, just more corrupt practices by JUDGE LINA HIDALGO and co.

Judge lina Hidalgo, her cronies in the county and city, those who voted for her and those who continue to protect her online are all garbage.

Except they don't see it.
TarponChaser
Cromagnum said:

. . . said:

Imagine that...

Quote:

A separate open records inquiry revealed the senior-level flood control job, for which Dunn was selected, was never publicly posted for other applicants to pursue.

I don't suppose it matters but isn't that breaking administrative law in the state code? I'm 99% certain that state law requires all public, non-elected positions to be publicly posted for a certain period of time.
maroon barchetta
TarponChaser said:

Cromagnum said:

. . . said:

Imagine that...

Quote:

I don't suppose it matters but isn't that breaking administrative law in the state code? I'm 99% certain that state law requires all public, non-elected positions to be publicly posted for a certain period of time.

Sly's boyfriend with the cushy airport job says "Heeeeeyyy".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.