Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

184,736 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lina and Ogg have had very public disputes during Commissioners Courts. And Ogg is not a fan of David Berry who Lina/Ellis/ installed as the new county administrator. They've been going at it for months now, not sure of the entire backstory but there is no love lost.
XpressAg09
AG
tamuags08 said:

I don't care why. Maybe her and her bf grabbed the last set of crab legs at HEB and he's been forever hutt burt.

Hey! I understand that reference!
aTm2004
AG
Nitro Power said:

Isn't Ogg a Soros plant? Perhaps there is a thinking that Dora is so poor, she will cost them control over Harris County? I dunno, but she clearly pissed off the wrong group.
I think it's more about Boss Ogg seeing that she's wrapped up in Lina's BS and rising crime, and he's in self-preservation mode. Get rid of Lina and get someone better in, and she has longevitiy.
YellAg2004
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Lina and Ogg have had very public disputes during Commissioners Courts. And Ogg is not a fan of David Berry who Lina/Ellis/ installed as the new county administrator. They've been going at it for months now, not sure of the entire backstory but there is no love lost.
I have just assumed that Ogg dislikes Berry because he's the guy that carries out all the D's dirty plans. They (Hidalgo/Garcia/Ellis) set the County Administrator position up for just such a purpose. They simply vote on some broad direction and direct the County Administrator to develop the plan and implement it. That's exactly what they did with the budget. Ogg was asking for a bunch of new ADA positions to be funded. Berry didn't present a budget that included funding for those positions and the D's gladly passed it. Then if they get questioned on it, they just claim that they passed what was presented and recommended by the County Administrator. Ramsey tried to propose an alternate budget that was identical to Berry's except it provided the full funding amounts requested by the Constables and the DA's office. I can't remember if the D's even allowed it to come up for a vote. Regardless, it didn't pass and the one that underfunded LEOs and the DA's office passed.

It's very similar to how Congress writes these broad laws and then punts to the alphabet agencies (that have no accountability) to develop all the rules and implementation plans. The devil is always in the details and the politicians maintain plausible deniability.

There is almost assuredly collusion among the 4 (Hidalgo/Garcia/Ellis/Berry) to ensure that nothing they don't want ever gets proposed or implemented. Since Berry reports to CC, there's nothing Ogg can do but try to use the bully pulpit to bring attention to their BS actions.
Stupe
S
aTm2004 said:

Nitro Power said:

Isn't Ogg a Soros plant? Perhaps there is a thinking that Dora is so poor, she will cost them control over Harris County? I dunno, but she clearly pissed off the wrong group.
I think it's more about Boss Ogg seeing that she's wrapped up in Lina's BS and rising crime, and he's in self-preservation mode. Get rid of Lina and get someone better in, and she has longevitiy.
That is exactly what it is.

Ogg has a bunch of dead weight on her right now and she's trying to get rid of some of it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Bunch of deleted posts?
Sea Speed
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Bunch of deleted posts?
my notification said 7, so I'm not sure if that corresponds with anything. This was prior to your post as well. I almost said something as well but didn't feel like catching a ban with breakfast.
maroon barchetta
Mine also said 7. Don't know what happened.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Sea Speed said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Bunch of deleted posts?
my notification said 7, so I'm not sure if that corresponds with anything. This was prior to your post as well. I almost said something as well but didn't feel like catching a ban with breakfast.

Mine said 7 as well. But I'm in GMT and just finished lunch so I was feeling adventurous.
jetch17
AG
Scrub scrub scrub
P.H. Dexippus
AG
jetch17 said:

Scrub scrub scrub
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Who knows what the deal is with the deletions. Whatever.

That said, this is ugly politics at its absolute worst.

If Dora is going to be indicted, I expect it to come at the most politically devastating time -- sometime after Labor Day.
maroon barchetta
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

If Dora is going to be indicted, I expect it to come at the most politically devastating time -- sometime after Labor Day.

Oh dear. Bless her heart.
Diggity
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

No kidding. She won't even be able to wear white to the courthouse
bigjag19
AG
Blue star for you sir
Jack Klompus
AG

Hildago's cronies motion to remove Ogg from case citing conflict of interest
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Whose going to tweet at Alex's nut job dad?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Just looked at the motion. It's a long winded flailing session.

That said, they hired what appears to be a pretty high profile white collar defense attorney to add to the team.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Took a gander at the link. Does the motion actually have the quoted verbiage???
Quote:

Despite claiming to be a Democrat, Ogg has aligned herself with her former Republican colleagues in retaliation against Judge Hidalgo
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
aTm2004
AG
As I said earlier, Boss Ogg see's Dora's sinking ship and a life boat for her own political career right in front of her. Dora's team can try to spin it as much as they want, but as long as Ogg has her ducks in a row (she probably does), Dora's cries fall on deaf ears.
schmellba99
AG
You just have to hate to see two dems tearing each other apart like roosters in a cock fight.

Such a shame.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
schmellba99 said:

You just have to hate to see two dems tearing each other apart like roosters in a cock scissor fight.

Such a shame.
Given the parties involved, FIFY.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I'm cool with recusal. Bring in Paxton's office.
Ciboag96
Quote:

Indicted @LinaHidalgoTX Chief Of Staff Alex Triantaphyllis wants DA @kimoggforda booted from criminal case citing "multiple conflicts of interest."

Both have contracts with Satan?
aTm2004
AG
Dora getting used to prison colors.

jetch17
AG
Hey you! I'm going to lean here and look out - TAKE MY PUCTURE!
Al Bula
AG
aTm2004 said:

Bold move insisting orange for gun violence is more important than rainbows for LGB+ whatever in June.
MouthBQ98
AG
Why do they say "we" so much? I don't do that. I don't consent to be included in a bunch of presumptive royal "we" uses.
htxag09
AG
Probably for the same reason they take their beliefs in an obviously controversial and political topic and say it's common sense.

They're arrogant dip****s
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
She really looks to have aged like 20 years since she started office.
txags92
AG
David Happymountain said:

aTm2004 said:

Bold move insisting orange for gun violence is more important than rainbows for LGB+ whatever in June.
She is (D)ifferent. She doesn't have to do any virtue signaling about pride month.
aTm2004
AG
It's also PTSD awareness month, but nobody seems to care about that.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Oggs reply to demand to step down.

https://abc13.com/amp/lina-hidalgo-indictment-harris-county-contract-steering-texas-scandal/11923808/

"HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Days after a court filing demanded she step aside from prosecuting Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo's staffers, District Attorney Kim Ogg says she won't and she's done nothing wrong....

"We have not targeted or sent a target letter Judge Hidalgo. The staffers have done what they've done. The evidence has been presented to a grand jury and our work continues," Ogg said."
maroon barchetta
Dora is grasping at straws.
SpreadsheetAg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.