Houston
Sponsored by

Swiper swiping Dora's territory - Staff Edit 6/17/22 & 6/18/22

186,479 Views | 1404 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aTm2004
Daddy-O5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hate to see it.

Anyone know the backstory?
AlaskanAg99
AG
Constable budgets.

Nothing happened today.
jrrhouston98
AG

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Mah constable.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Indictment has to be forthcoming, right? Otherwise why all the "panic attacks"?
maroon barchetta

Sea Speed
AG
One of you mopes needs to make this a big head and take it to the astros playoff games
RK
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Look at the cop biting his lip trying not to smile.

Reminds me of Tracy Morgan playing the bailiff in the old judge Judy snl skits.
aTm2004
AG
Sea Speed said:

One of you mopes needs to make this a big head and take it to the astros playoff games
Project Gemini
AG
The no fun police are out strong at MM, good luck. Im looking at you JEFF in center field by the El Tiempo patio.
Sea Speed
AG
Story time
Redstone
AG
https://archive.ph/wsGn2

"But where it counts, particularly on the issue of crime, Mealer seems to be listening to many in our community who otherwise feel unheard: crime victims and their families.

Hidalgo would do well to follow her own advice."

"Our gravest concerns, though, involve Hidalgo's failure to respond with urgency to Harris County's crime wave. In a county where more than two-thirds of likely voters list public safety as the most important issue in this race, it weighed heavily on our decision.

Even for those of us whose neighborhoods aren't aglow in flashing police lights, the seemingly infinite ticker tape of suspect mug shots on the 10 o'clock news has us looking over our shoulders and praying that the next road rage incident won't target our families."
BohunkAg
AG
Quote:

After gaveling the meeting to order nearly 30 minutes late, Hidalgo said she had been to the emergency room twice last week for food poisoning and a reaction to antibiotics, and was then diagnosed with an ovarian cyst. She, therefore, needed more rest and would not be remaining to hear from those who signed up to speak.
Offered with no comment
maroon barchetta
BohunkAg said:

Quote:

After gaveling the meeting to order nearly 30 minutes late, Hidalgo said she had been to the emergency room twice last week for food poisoning and a reaction to antibiotics, and was then diagnosed with an ovarian cyst. She, therefore, needed more rest and would not be remaining to hear from those who signed up to speak.
Offered with no comment

Was the trip to the ER for headache and pain a third visit or was that included in the first two?
BohunkAg
AG
maroon barchetta said:

BohunkAg said:

Quote:

Offered with no comment

Was the trip to the ER for headache and pain a third visit or was that included in the first two?
I don't know, but I bet the ER docs just LOVE seeing her.
Jock 07
AG
It's starting to feel like this race isn't even going to be close.
maroon barchetta
She will drop out due to health reasons.
CDUB98
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I disagree. I think she's trying to milk the health sympathy card as much as she can.
Sea Speed
AG
I wonder if she knows and the chronicle knows that an indictment is coming so she is coughing up all kinds of hairballs amd having panic attacks and chron didn't want to endorse someone that was about to be indicted due to corruption ao they tongue bathed Dora but endorsed moral mealer. Thats legitimately what I think is going on.
Sea Speed
AG
CDUB98 said:

maroon barchetta said:

I disagree. I think she's trying to milk the health sympathy card as much as she can.

And when the indictmwnt does come down she will act like she is some weak, fragile creature and mean ole Kim ogg is just picking on her.

"YOU DONT GET IT. I HAVE CYSTS!!!"
aTm2004
AG
CDUB98 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Optics of perp walking a sickly aren't that great I guess.
AlaskanAg99
AG
It's local politics. 99% of people aren't paying attention.
Ryan the Temp
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

It's local politics. 99% of people aren't paying attention.
This is why it's laughable that it seemed like Hidalgo's campaign up until this month was entirely on Twitter. Political Twitter is all inside baseball folks.

Mealer has been running a strong campaign the entire time, just beating the drum against Hidalgo out in public in front of regular voters, making personal connections with people while Hidalgo sits on her hands thinking her incumbency is enough to get her across the finish line.
T Durden
AG
Didn't she have a get together with the communists?
Al Bula
AG
T Durden said:

AGHouston11
AG
David Happymountain said:

T Durden said:

It's hard to imagine the times we are in. Dora taking a picture with the communist party should end any candidates chances.

But not in today's world
XpressAg09
AG
First time in a while where I clicked the link that said "15 new comments" and there were, indeed, 15 new comments.

Looks like Staph isn't backing this horse anymore.
CDUB98
AG
It's probably because nobody has mentioned her bewbs or poopy lately.
T Durden
AG
The Chronicle maybe should have mentioned this in their glowing review of her, while endorsing her opponent.
Ryan the Temp
AG
T Durden said:

I don't know, other than what I've seen here, although I did previously ponder that perhaps she is simply so politically naiive that she will take whatever support people want to give her, regardless of who they are. Smart politicians know when NOT to take someone's support or when not to go to an event.
aTm2004
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Mealer has been running a strong campaign the entire time, just beating the drum against Hidalgo out in public in front of regular voters, making personal connections with people while Hidalgo sits on her hands thinking her incumbency is enough to get her across the finish line.

Maybe she assumed people will just vote straight ticket since Beto is on the ballot again, but she forgot there is no longer straight ticket and Beto is a known pandering POS now.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

T Durden said:

I don't know, other than what I've seen here, although I did previously ponder that perhaps she is simply so politically naiive that she will take whatever support people want to give her, regardless of who they are. Smart politicians know when NOT to take someone's support or when not to go to an event.

It's almost like she's a political neophyte who's never had to run a real competitive campaign.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

It's almost like she's a political neophyte who's never had to run a real competitive campaign.
Or had a real job.
CDUB98
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Maybe she assumed people will just vote straight ticket since Beto is on the ballot again, but she forgot there is no longer straight ticket and Beto is a known pandering POS now.

There's about 40% of voters that will vote blue no matter who.

Never discount this.
htxag09
AG
Agree. Maybe I'm wrong but I really don't see the straight ticket deal as changing that much. I mean if someone is actually taking the time to go to vote, I'd expect them to just go down the list checking people with R or D next to their name. So all those people going to vote for Beto and would have done straight ticket in the past are still going to vote for Dora.

I just think someone too lazy to take 2 minutes to select candidates is too lazy to go vote in the first place.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.