Metroplex
Sponsored by

Winter Storm Thread

132,369 Views | 1272 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Decay
drewser95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Not sure but with additional rain on the way...for trees and power lines, i will take just about any warming....
Speaking of which…

(Lower Greenville area)
Carlo4
AG
I thawed out my truck completely this evening just in case we needed it for an emergency. Have a sick baby and wife with a fever, so just never know. Took about 30 minutes of heating the truck to get me in a position to clear the windshield by breaking off the ice like breaking a puzzle into pieces.

Saw about 1/2" of ice on the windshield, top of the truck, and the back cover. South Fort Worth.
Carlo4
AG
Side note. My first winter weather event with a baby (11 month old). The little things they don't tell you about, like fitting a full work day with a baby.

430-730 AM working
730AM to 730PM - alternate with wife on working/baby time
730-1030 PM - working, cleaning house, etc.

Freaking exhausting! I had a horrific work week last week, and definitely can't recover.
Danny Vermin
Geez, I did the same thing. Took about 45 minutes to get the front and back clear of ice. I put a cover on it for tonight.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Park in garages people. Lol
drewser95
AG
Sorry to hear about that. When it rains it pours (literally, in this case - and freezing at that).

Hope wife & kiddo feel better soon, and that you don't get it!
Ol_Ag_02
AG
This. I can't imagine not parking in my garage.
wangus12
AG
Took me 30 minutes yesterday at work. Got to the office before the sleet hit. Had a solid half inch when I tried to leave. Put a towel on my windshield today just in case
big ben
AG
How bad is Northlake area? I have to be at a jobsite out there in the morning
fc2112
Closest WU site in south Arlington says 30.6, but precip still seems to be rain and icicles seem to be melting.
Proposition Joe
Getting the basset hound down the deck stairs this morning and then waiting 15 minutes for him to find the perfect spot to take a leak. What a beating.

We almost didn't make it back up the stairs - should have salted before I went down. Learned my lesson after trying to get a 60 pound hound up slippery stairs.

The early early drive this morning will be a bit of a mess for those venturing out, but I think by "rush hour" it won't be bad at all.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Just drove from Fort Worth to Love Field. 30/35/183

No real issues. A lot of melting/ water. Most everyone else was driving slowly.
wangus12
AG
75 is clear from Melissa to 635. Traffic going 55-65mph. McKinney side streets were all clear.

Side streets I drove on in Dallas still have some ice, but I had traction on most of it
agcrock2005
AG
big ben said:

How bad is Northlake area? I have to be at a jobsite out there in the morning
It's been pretty bad last couple days. Lot of accidents on 35, and that road has been treated and isn't as bad as side roads. Not sure what's happened over night though. If more rain/ice then going to be very bad unless they treated again. Side roads are an ice rink though.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Your flight on time?
fc2112
Wife comes home this afternoon after being at the hospital since 6 AM on Monday. I better go to store today to stock up for her.

Straight up raining here in south Arlington. WU says 31.2 - my porch thermometer says 32.3.
Isosceles_Kramer
Supposed to fly into DFW tonight and drive south. How are things looking?
Yesterday
AG
Isosceles_Kramer said:

Not bad at all. This warm rain pretty much melted everything.
Isosceles_Kramer
Great, thanks for the update.
Phat32
AG
Everything frozen in East Dallas. Haven't tried to walk outside yet, but the trees are all snappy.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Denton down to downtown Dallas was good this morning down 35; side streets still suck but all major thoroughfares are good.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Moved into a brand new neighborhood in Rockwall this year. Unfortunately that means no one has been driving on the roads through it. Still a skating rink to get to one of the "main" roads.
agcrock2005
AG
Yesterday said:

Isosceles_Kramer said:

You talking about by DFW or where? Still ice everywhere by me.
nai06
AG
The rain has really melted away a lot of the ice in my neighborhood. Its still slick in some spots but so much thinner.
planoaggie123
AG
Looking out to the street....roads do not look too bad...driveway is still an ice-rink and back patio pretty patchy.

I am ready for it to get to 33/34 and see if we can get some melting off vegetation. Few trees and some bushes are sagging a bit more than i like but no risk of damage to home, etc...
Yesterday
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Yesterday said:

Isosceles_Kramer said:

You talking about by DFW or where? Still ice everywhere by me.

Yes. DFW. 121/114. I-35. My side streets in Southlake are good.
bagger05
AG
East Dallas.

Just went outside to check things out. The stairs were obviously going to be dangerous but even the yard itself was still iced over. There's a bit of a slope down to the street and getting down to it and back up was a bit dodgy. The street doesn't get much traffic but is now mostly wet with some piles of slush.

Going to drive east into work in about half an hour. I'm hopeful we'll be able to open the plant and get in a half day.
Carlo4
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Park in garages people. Lol

Garage is full of furniture because of mother in law that passed away. We would have had them in there but just not possible this time.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Curious to see what the schools decide for tomorrow. Seems to be on the path to getting clear, but the skies are going to clear tonight allowing the overnight temp to drop to 27. So any wet surfaces will refreeze. I expect a later decision than we've seen the past 2 days
planoaggie123
AG
My guess is delayed opening....i REALLY want my kids in school....you know, for their education
agcrock2005
AG
planoaggie123 said:

My guess is delayed opening....i REALLY want my kids in school....you know, for their education
Same. I'm about to flip my **** on my 5 and 6 year olds.
Yesterday
AG
Kids are getting dropped off normal time. Hope the school is open.
riverrataggie
AG
It appears most schools could have opened today. I get there are some outliers outside dfw but what was predicted to happen yesterday didn't happen for a lot of people.

They better be open tomorrow.
Texker
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Moved into a brand new neighborhood in Rockwall this year. Unfortunately that means no one has been driving on the roads through it. Still a skating rink to get to one of the "main" roads.
I'm in older section of Rockwall and it's the same. Plus our neighborhood is very hilly, including my steep ass driveway. Want to hit the grocery store for a couple of things but going to wait til this afternoon.
DannyDuberstein
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Yeah, i wasn't sure if delayed openings in PISD were still a thing anymore with the staggered bus schedules. I have one at A&M and one in 10th now that have been in PISD since K, and I don't remember a delayed opening. It may be good enough to have a full day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.