Metroplex
Sponsored by

Winter Storm Thread

123,553 Views | 1272 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Decay
Ptery83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
drewser95
AG
A friend of mine in Lakewood said a significant part of their neighborhood just went out. Has to be a squirrel in a transformer or something?!
planoaggie123
AG
Yea no rolling at this point. Some local issue.
riverrataggie
AG
I'm here in Lakewood and ours keep flickering. Our neighbors across the street are out
Matsui
AG
Any accumulation in ft worth yet
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Flurries in Denton but nothing sticking
BTHOB
AG
Matsui said:

Any accumulation in ft worth yet

Not a thing. I told a few people I was pretty sure this was going to be a "really cold" couple of days but without any real accumulation or driving impact. I was told there would be snow/sleet/ice. I didn't bother arguing.
FTAG 2000
AG
We are just now since 6pm in the the forecasted precipitation window.

Seems very light so far but reports across the metro of ice and freezing rain. North of us along 82 all snow.
JR Ewingford
Ya. Wouldnt worry too much about road conditions.
FTAco07
AG
Northern most part of Lakewood is ok. Have heard of outages on kenwood and southridge.
riverrataggie
AG
FTAco07 said:

Northern most part of Lakewood is ok. Have heard of outages on kenwood and southridge.

Assume equipment failure? Oncor says 10:30 eta.
wangus12
AG
Haven't seen anything in NE McKinney/Melissa yet
FTAco07
AG
I heard from a friend there is a downed power line at Southridge and Sperry. Sounds like it's about to be fixed
riverrataggie
AG
Thanks. On the McCommas creek, and knock on wood we were spared. But we got two surges that reset everything and we were like f!
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Snow coming down pretty good in Denton now and staying on the ground and roads now.
SupermachJM
AG
We've got some in Euless that's starting to come down and stick too
Ptery83
thriller03
AG
Very light flurries in Sachse
mAgnoliAg
AG
Ptery83 said:

Flurries in NRH

Oh come on I'm ~5 miles from you

Edit: just kidding flurries here too
beatlesphan
AG
Yep flurries in Farmers Branch
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FTAG 2000
AG
If you're south of lake Lewisville or lake grapevine you're getting lake effect snow right now.

Coates
FTAG 2000 said:

If you're south of lake Lewisville or lake grapevine you're getting lake effect snow right now.

Delkus has a tweet showing this about an hour ago, pretty crazy to see in dfw.
harge57
AG
NBC just ended the Detroit game early to give a weather update. WTF. Missed the last 2 minutes of the game.
FTAG 2000
AG
Coates said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Delkus has a tweet showing this about an hour ago, pretty crazy to see in dfw.

Very. Coworker who lives south of Lake Lavon says they are getting it there too
BosAG06
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

We are in Trophy Club due south of Lake Grapevine and got a pretty decent dusting for a little bit. The kids enjoyed seeing the flakes. Light and fluffy and no accumulation.
Yesterday
AG
Hopefully the roads are cold enough that it just blows off instead of melting and freezing.
LisaMarie
AG
Flurries in west Fort Worth
JR Ewingford
Yes. Lake effect snow is happening tonight. Pretty cool to see that.
YouBet
AG
harge57 said:

NBC just ended the Detroit game early to give a weather update. WTF. Missed the last 2 minutes of the game.
Meanwhile, a tornado can rip through the middle of Dallas and it doesn't even get reported if the Cowboys are playing.
TAMUallen
AG
Accumulation in Euless
double aught
AG
harge57 said:

Effing ridiculous. And the weatherman wasn't even saying anything if import. (By the way, his delivery was not very impressive for the lead guy in a major market). Then they cut back to the game after it's over. They got ripped on twitter, deservedly.
BadAggie
AG
I mean the cutaway was astute, the Lions had kneel downs from that point forward.

JR Ewingford
Waking up to 1/2in of snow. Mostly because of the lake effect. Not sure I've seen anything like that here in DFW. We have had it in past but not to this degree as far as I can remember.
fc2112
JR Ewingford said:

Waking up to 1/2in of snow. Mostly because of the lake effect. Not sure I've seen anything like that here in DFW. We have had it in past but not to this degree as far as I can remember.
I'm SSE of Lake Arlington and we have a good inch of snow off the lake. I've never seen this either.
Danny Vermin
Lakewood reporting.....Got a pretty good dusting here. Just walked outside and very few cars on the road. Street is completely covered. Probably going to keep the news on a wait til 10 am or so to head to work.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.