Metroplex
Sponsored by

Winter Storm Thread

122,376 Views | 1272 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Decay
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We had several crazy thundersleet episodes in Parker County. Not braving the roads, mostly because I'm afraid of the other drivers.
drewser95
AG
Yesterday said:

Wife communicated it to me. So not surprised if it isn't factual. Sorry, disaster thread for me so far.
CISD was probably just about to announce closing, then read your earlier post about it being dumb to do so and started second-guessing themselves.
Coates
RISD closed, was just driving down belt line and was almost dry. Are we even getting more precipitation? My app says 40% tomorrow morning.
planoaggie123
AG
Plano ISD closed.
GarryowenAg
AG
FWISD finally announced they're closing tomorrow.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Just landed at DFW. Now to trek home...

SW preemptively cancelled our flight so now we get to Uber from DFW to Love and then drive home.
riverrataggie
AG
Congrats on getting a flight in.
double aught
AG
jpd301 said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Well crap, should I plan on taking the DART from DFW on Tuesday? Don't want to get gouged on uber
DART rail is the last thing I would personally get on in an ice event. It feels like they stop the trains when they have ice on the lines.
I think this has only happened once. Typically they'll run trains all night to keep ice off the rails. Pretty reliable actually.
wangus12
AG
Drive home up 75 wasn't bad. Bridges did have some ice and wrecks. Also saw some people driving 80+ so watch out for idiots
TxAG#2011
double aught said:

jpd301 said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Well crap, should I plan on taking the DART from DFW on Tuesday? Don't want to get gouged on uber
DART rail is the last thing I would personally get on in an ice event. It feels like they stop the trains when they have ice on the lines.
I think this has only happened once. Typically they'll run trains all night to keep ice off the rails. Pretty reliable actually.
Excellent, I'll just have to fend off the hobos.
double aught
AG
Maybe. Usually changing cars at the next stop works.
HouseDivided06
AG
Had to run up to my old house that's on the market to check on things from hillcrest and Frankford to Custer and Parker, and roads are slick. I was going north and south on Coit and was definitely slipping and sliding in a 4x4 F150. I can't imagine it'll be better tonight or tomorrow morning as more precipitation accumulates. Be careful out there.
AW 1880
AG
Just drove from Love Field to Murphy - roads were very slick. It took me about 80 minutes going slooow.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Just a heads up, drove down from Denton area to downtown Dallas this morning and the only bad spots are in Denton proper. 35 is clear and no slipping while driving 60 mph all the way down. Hopefully Denton County gets some de-icer on 35 so it can get cleared up.
fc2112
Wife slept at her hospital last night since she had a physical scheduled this morning and didn't want to miss it.

They called late last ight and cancelled it on her.

So now she's stuck there. At least she'll be able to cover for all the nurses who don't come in.
double aught
AG
Smooth sailing from Richardson to South Oak Cliff this AM. Drove 50 on Central/45.
wangus12
AG
McKinney to Dallas on 75 was pretty good
50-65 mph. Only issue was other drivers. One dude driving down the line taking up 2 lanes. Couple people going less than 25 mph. Couple others weaving in and out lanes
DannyDuberstein
AG
Getting more gnarly now. They'd said the bigger stuff would roll in 7-8ish. That's happening
double aught
AG
Yeah I just walked outside and got assaulted by sleet. Never seen it mixed with thunder like that before.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Welcome to Thundersleet! Two cars enter, one car leaves
planoaggie123
AG
Solid layer of sleet on ground now but definitely sleet and not slushy rain which I guess is a good thing as long as that maintains. Started about 20 min ago here in Plano.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Just got some thunder sleet out in Rockwall.
riverrataggie
AG
Yeah, I just hot back from quick dog walk and was looking around this isn't bad, I'll head to gym. Then thunder hit and sleet started pouring down. Hah.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If the precip forecast holds, I'm thinking no school until Friday. Gonna struggle to get warm enough until Thursday afternoon and what the cars clear is gonna keep getting new batches of coverage
FincAg
AG
This thunder sleet in Lake Highlands is spooky. Sounds like a dump truck driving by the house.
riverrataggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

If the precip forecast holds, I'm thinking no school until Friday. Gonna struggle to get warm enough until Thursday afternoon and what the cars clear is gonna keep getting new batches of coverage

Please don't say that.
Aggie1944s Kid
AG
Thunder sleet here in SW Ft Worth.
Get ready bal. You're gonna in for a problem.
LisaMarie
AG
Same, in west FW. Went from seeing most of the street pavement around 6 to it being completely white, and it's still coming down.
planoaggie123
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Already got myself and my wife mentally prepared for this...i really do not see how things will improve by Thurs AM...oh well....
Ag CPA
AG
Pouring at my house, looks and sounds like an old-fashioned thunderstorm. What an F'n mess, just hope that the power lines hold up today (at least the ones that feed my house).
zag213004
AG
In a couple of minutes Michael Irvin on school closings on "the ticket" (1310/96.7)
wangus12
AG
Lol had a patient drive all the way from the other side of Shreveport this morning for his physical. Dumbass
george07
AG
I'm supposed to have a vasectomy on Thursday at 11:30. Thinking that may not happen. My wife will probably say it's a sign we shouldn't be done having kids.
riverrataggie
AG
george07 said:

I'm supposed to have a vasectomy on Thursday at 11:30. Thinking that may not happen. My wife will probably say it's a sign we shouldn't be done having kids.

What's crazy is you have a patient in Shreveport. What do you provide in regards to extra services that this patient can't let up?
bagger05
AG
planoaggie123 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Already got myself and my wife mentally prepared for this...i really do not see how things will improve by Thurs AM...oh well....
Weather forecast for Wednesday and Thursday got a lot crappier overnight. I was thinking for sure we'd be able to open the plant on Thursday. At the moment that doesn't seem likely.

First year we've created floating holidays to account for bad weather. Looks like we might burn through all three right out of the gate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.